Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2006, 03:18 PM

8 posts, read 18,849 times

Advertisements

I am searching for some of my family, whom I do not know.

The only living relatives I know of is My father: William M. Olson and his brother Robert C. Olson

There father's name was William J. Olson married Rose Maracek (mother),
Mother's name was Rose Maracek later remarried as Rose Vach.

My grandfather William J. Olson had a brother Named Jack Olson whom I know had children but I do not know there names.

This is in or Around Queens, New York City.

Any help or hints would be helpful. Thanks guys!

Maracek may be spelt MARECEK

Last edited by Marka; 09-25-2006 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: no bumping please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 06:20 AM

3 posts, read 6,520 times
Default Rose Vach

My name is Ken Maracek. Martin Maracek and Rose Maracek (Vach) were my grandparents. My grandfather died long before I was born. My father, Charlie, always said he died when he was 19 years old. That would have made his passing somewhere around 1934. Martin and Rose had 3 children
Rose, Charles and Emily. Charles was my father (b.1915-d.1998). He had two children Jean (b.1946-d.2007) and Ken. Emily passed away right around the time I was born, January 1953. She a son named Andy. I met him only once he was at least 10yrs older than me. Billy and Bobby, your father and uncle , were both older than me by about 5-7 years. The last time I saw them was at my grandmothers funeral. I hope you find this information useful.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:59 AM

WoW!! What a pleasant surprise! Over a year later and finally I get a bite!...and you're my cousin! (second cousin, but it counts!) I am so thrilled you decided to respond. I feared there was very little family left and the chances of actually making any connections was virtually impossible.

I see that your sister has recently passed, my condolences on your loss.

I am not pushing here as we are strangers at this point, but I would like to perhaps email you with some photos I have and different interesting tidbits I have been able to dig up about the Maraceks (I have Martin's naturalization papers and draft cards etc).

It is funny, I have grown up and look nothing like the family I know and have always been told "That's because you look like a Maracek" ... I am so happy it is hard to put in words. Please let me know if this would be okay... I would love to hear from you again!!

Jaklyn Olson

Old 12-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Hi Jacki:

I'd be happy to communicate via e-mail. My e-mail address is Moderator cut: contact thru member profile
My parents moved from Flushing to Newburgh NY in 1966. The family left Newburgh in 1987 and moved to Alfred, NY which is where I currently live. Both my parents moved to Alfred in 1987. My father, Charlie, passed away in 1998 of congestive heart failure. He died 11 days short of his 84th birthday. My Mother, Jean, Passed away from Lung cancer in 2004. She was 84 years old. My sister, Jean, passed away October 21, 2007 from Breast Cancer she was 61 years old. I have been married to Carol Wood for 29 years. We have two children, a daughter, Casey Wood Maracek, age 23 and a son, Avery John Maracek age 17. I have very few photos of the family. However, I would be delighted to send copies to you via e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards from a long lost relative
Ken

Last edited by autumngal; 01-16-2008 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: email

Old 01-15-2008, 02:19 PM

You mailbox has been full. I've been trying to email you, but it won't accept any of my messages.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:36 AM

Hi Jaki:

Try sending an e-mail with no attachments to each of the above addresses. Please also send one to Moderator cut: contact thru user profile . Hopefully one of these will get through. I've been waiting for you to contact me. After your last posting I started looking around for more photos and I found several more including one of your father with his grandmother. I also found one of Rose Maracek with her second husband. I don't know how to spell his name. Phonetically it sounds line On-til. My father always refered to him as Pop Ontil. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Ken

Last edited by autumngal; 01-16-2008 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: email
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search