Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 12:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,704,038 times

Advertisements

I sent my first cousin a Christmas card which was returned to me as "not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward." Whatever that means! He would be about 78 and every time I have ever seen him he has been obese so I am worried he might have died. We are not a particularly close family; the last time we talked was when I called him to tell him my mother had just died.

Harvey Ashton Wilson, 206 West 55th St, Austin 79751. He was an attorney, this may have been his old office address. The only mention I found online was a divorce proceeding a few years ago. He was born in Brazoria, TX. I can't remember his mother's name, father was my uncle Harvey A. Wilson.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 01:31 PM

14,421 posts, read 20,540,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I sent my first cousin a Christmas card which was returned to me as "not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward." Whatever that means!

Thanks for any help!
I had two such letters come back to me. Same language. Since a mail forwarding order from someone who is planning to move and wants their mail forwarded, can be up to one year, this means your cousin has been gone more than one year. Or they only asked for mail to be forwarded for 6 months or 3 months.
I am pretty sure the postal carrier put that sticker, or that status, on the envelope.
Versus your cousin knowing who sent it, only to hand it back to the carrier with "no, wrong address, they don't live here."

If the carrier is new or the substitute carrier worked that day, then no, they would not recognize the name as someone who does (or does not) live there and would deliver it. In that case it could have been that your cousin or other household member, handed the letter back to the carrier the next day or wrote "not deliverable as addressed" on it and dropped it into a mailbox.

Last edited by howard555; 01-10-2014 at 01:43 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,484,354 times
Sending you a DM with a relative's info. Maybe they can give you some info on him.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:05 AM

64 posts, read 351,449 times
He has moved but he still lives in the same general area. I am going to also send you a private message with what I hope will be successful contact info.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 AM

5 posts, read 9,248 times
There's an awesome Facebook page that helps people find lost love ones. They found over 800 people in 2013! https://www.facebook.com/#!/people.seeking.people

Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 AM

14,421 posts, read 20,540,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlegirl115 View Post
There's an awesome Facebook page that helps people find lost love ones. They found over 800 people in 2013! https://www.facebook.com/#!/people.seeking.people
Good link turtle for the Op and others.

As many of us already know a never married 40's military guy was blessed with hearing from his daughter and grandchild and Facebook was the avenue.

Here's another one where ..... many people ..... go to ask for help and give help to others.
Looking For Lost Relatives - Friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search