U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-20-2006, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,459 times

Advertisements

I have looked at web sites from A to Z trying to find a senior roommate. Most all of them want money to join or it's a dating site. Can anyone offer any suggestions. I live in Richardson, Texas if that helps in anyway.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:39 PM

1,007 posts, read 245,680 times
Hi Pat -

Try "roommates dot com". You need to create a profile, which is free, but perhaps it will benefit. Also, have you tried placing an ad on Craigslist in your area? I'm a landlord who's had great luck renting thru CL. In fact, it's now the only resource I use if I need a tenant & it's free.

Good luck... Baltic_Celt

Old 04-15-2007, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 6,399 times
also searching for female senior roommate....where is Richardson, TX?.....I'm in Truth or Consequences, NM...

Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 AM

1 posts, read 6,280 times
Smile Same Experience in trying to find a senior roommate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat75081 View Post
I have looked at web sites from A to Z trying to find a senior roommate. Most all of them want money to join or it's a dating site. Can anyone offer any suggestions. I live in Richardson, Texas if that helps in anyway.
Hi Pat. . .my name is Patti, and I live in California. . .have thought of moving to Texas because my Dad and sister & family live close to Austin. How far is Richardson, Tx. from the Austin area? And have you found a roommate yet?
Thanks for your reply. . .

Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 AM

3 posts, read 7,702 times
Default Looking for Senior roommate in Prescott, AZ area

I plan a move to AZ in January. I will be 62 and retiring. The websites I have tried are misleading... wanting information for their site, but there is really nothing there to search. I thought a roommate to start with would be a good idea until I am familiar with everything. I haven't thought of Texas. I would like a higher elevation. I have also considered several seniors leasing a larger home. It could be fun. I currently live in IL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat75081 View Post

Old 09-14-2009, 01:25 PM

3,734 posts, read 8,215,565 times
Just a fyi - the previous posts are over 2+ years old, maybe checking a homesharing website or Craigslist or even your local seniors group would help you find a compatible roommate - but make sure you do a thorough background check, would get ref's etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search