U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 04:19 AM

1 posts, read 811 times

Advertisements

I am 28 years old (adopted from Seoul Korea as a baby - born 9/28/1985). My Korean name was Jong Hee Lim. I was told I have two older sisters there and I so much would love to meet/correspond with them. My favorite movie is "The Joy Luck Club" about a U.S. born Chinese girl who is reunited with her half-sister (twins) in China after their Mother's death. I find that so sad.

It would help my life so much to find my sisters. I was adopted through FCVN Adoption Agency in Denver, Colorado in April 1986. I came on the plane with a teenage boy and a 4 year old boy both being adopted in the Denver area as well.

My Mom says, I am very pretty and it would be so wonderful to see someone that looks like me and meet them and my "birth Mother". I had a "convulsion" at birth and I have worried that my birth Mother has had to worry too much about this - all these years.

Please understand by story and maybe help if you can. I live with my Mother here as I have had trouble learning but most say: "I am very smart". I am also very "stubborn". My Mother is older and wishes that I could live long after she passes with the chance to know my Birth Family.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:42 AM

682 posts, read 608,595 times
Check with your adoption agency (FCVN) and see if they can find any point of contact for you in Korea. Or at least name of the agency with whom they arranged your adoption in Korea. Then may be you can contact them to get further details.It would be nice to know whom your real family is no matter how they are now...Good Luck...

Old 02-18-2014, 08:08 PM

637 posts, read 644,558 times
Do you have money to travel to Korea? Or to hire a detective? Do you speak Korean?

I think that using city-data will not be very helpful. Try to contact the agency, as someone suggested, and also the hospital where you were born and the city hall of the place where you were born.

In general, I would recommend searching Korean websites and forums- in Korean.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search