Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2007, 06:08 AM

7 posts, read 21,421 times

Advertisements

A long time ago, I posted a reqeust for finding the family of Lawrence F. Shea, a World War II soldier who is buried at the American War Cemetery Margraten in the Netherlands, I have adopted his grave and I take care for it. I found fortunately his family and have already contact for a few months with them. Again thank you for the help and your support, with finding information about Lawrence F. Shea!!!

In February and October this year I have two other graves adopted. On is the grave of Richard A. Wertheim. When I was looking for information about him I noticed that he also, like Lawrence Shea, came from Kings County. I will give some more information about him!

Richard A. Wertheim was born in 1915. He had two sisters, who are both deceased. He served first in the United States National Gard and drafted after one year in the US Army Air Forces. He was married with a women who is called probably Florence Wertheim, or something similiar to this name, I don't if she is still living. Richard Wertheim was Second Lieutenant in the 401st Bomb Squadron, 91st Bomb Group. He flew 8 missions as bombardier of his plane . He died on March 6, 1944 when his plane, the B17 My Darling Also, was rammed by a German Focke Wulf 190. The plane crashed. Two crew members could bail out but the other eight members were all killed. Richard A. Wertheim was 29 of 30 years old when he was killed. He is buried now on the Ardennes War Cemetery in Belgium. In October of this year I have adopted his grave.

I would be happy if I could get in contact with his family or when I will get more information about him. I would appreciate it when you want to help me with finding his family or information about him! Here is a picture of me with Second Lieutenant Richard A. Wertheim's grave:

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 06:55 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
Sebastiaan, you are doing a wonderful and generous thing. God Bless you!

Old 12-26-2007, 08:46 AM

Thank you very much, Pirate Girl!

Best Regards,

Sebastiaan

Old 12-26-2007, 10:26 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Sebastiaan--------I can't help with your search, but keep looking and I hope others can.

What I can do is offer my sincere thanks and gratitude for what you are doing.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:01 AM

Thank you marmac!

Here are some other photos of Richard Wertheim's grave!

Best Regards,

Sebastiaan

Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 AM

Still looking and hoping to find the family!

I have found an address of somebody in Brooklyn. Is somebody willing to call this man? If yes, let me know! Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Sebastiaan

Old 05-15-2008, 01:19 PM

Hi all!

I am still looking for the family of Richard Wertheim. I have the names of his sisters and his wife, but I believe they are all deceased. I will post the names of his sisters and his wife here, I hope anyone who know more about them or know a relative or a relative of them. I would be very happy if I can get in contact with Richard A. Wertheim's family.

Sisters:
Ruth Wertheim
Viola Wertheim

I guess they were married, so their last names would be have changed.

Wife:
Florence Wertheim

As said I hope that any knows a relative or is a relative of him, I would be really happy to get in contact with a relative of him!

Kind Regards,

Sebastiaan

Old 05-18-2008, 12:35 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastiaan. View Post
Still looking and hoping to find the family!

I have found an address of somebody in Brooklyn. Is somebody willing to call this man? If yes, let me know! Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Sebastiaan
I would be happy to call anyone you would like. I have unlimited long distance for the US. I can also fax information if you would like to email me something. Please tell me what you want to know from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search