U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 5,918 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My father was stationed on the U.S. base in Wiesbaden, Germany. He met a woman named Gerdie Brual, not sure of spelling, and she may have had a child from their relationship. They lived together and were in a relationship for about a year before he was sent back to the states. The child would have probably been born in 1971. They wrote back and forth for months, he was trying to get her to move to America, but they somehow lost contact. I believe that she had a son, who would be my older half brother. I was told that she lived, and still may live in the Wiesbaden area. My father is black, so that would make their son biracial, as I am as well.

I have tried looking through social media, but as she is older, I'm not sure that she would be as tech savy to have online profiles. I can't find any information, and unfortunately, I don't even know her son's (or daughter's) name to search for him/her.

I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance with this issue. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 307 times
Looking for my half sister born in 1958. Her mother’s name was Christa Renate Otto. Her daughters name is Marion.
Believe last known address was somewhere on Torgan a/Elbe Hallersche Str. 3 that was in one of the letters hoping I spelled it correctly.
Thank you for your help Teresa McLane

Old 11-09-2017, 09:32 AM

575 posts, read 637,258 times
Have you tried doing a search on ancestry.com? My British husband (adopted at birth) discovered that he has 4 biological siblings using the site then hired a private genealogist who resides in the county where they are located to learn all of the relevant details including names, age, where they live and more.

Last winter he made contact with them all. E-mails, letters and pictures were sent back and forth for about 6 months then we went over to spend time with them (we live in the US). He is now fully connected with everyone and we plan to return again soon.

Best of luck.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:26 AM

10,668 posts, read 21,340,667 times
You should consider doing your DNA to find relatives. It's suggested people starting out do DNA at Ancestry 1st because of their family tree features. Once the DNA is processed, you're able to upload the Ancestry results to My Heritage, Family Tree DNA and a site called GEDmatch.Ancestry and 23 and Me are the only sites that don't support uploads. Anyone interested, see my thread Family tree and DNA general instructions

Everyone is starting to have holiday DNA sales so it's the perfect time to buy. I'm seeing the Ancestry DNA kit for $79 when clicking my refer link Ancestry DNA $89. I'm not sure how long it will last.

My Heritage is $59 Thanksgiving special offer Ends November 23rd

Family Finder at Family Tree DNA is 20% off - $69. The same kit is on sale at Living social and you'll probably save a few bucks. (Note $62)

23andMe's "ancestry only" test (no health report) is currently $49 per kit when you buy 2+ kits

The National Geographic test is on sale for $99

If you order DNA; Topcashback and ebates give 7.5% cash back with each test. Join both sites then shop online like you normally would adding items to your cart. Once you're done open top cash back, type in the store/ website you're shopping at; it will give you the cash back link, next, hit your ebates cash back browser button, once activated go to your cart and check out. It's that easy.

Top cash back

Ebates - has a button you can add to your browser, thats the easiest way to use it
Don't forget to upload to the free sites. My Heritage offers free family matching, ethnicity and surnames when available. FTDNA gives free family matching and GEDmatch has family matching, ethnicity tools and a few thing you can do. Family tree and DNA general instructions

Link to sales - Geneology & DNA Sites - Free Dates & Specials Thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or