Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM

260 posts, read 942,629 times

Advertisements

My husband was born James Allen Taylor. He was born in July 1975 in Philadelphia PA and he would like to know if there is anyone out there that might have some information on his birth family.
His mother had an older girl and a younger boy than my husband.
He was about 2-3 yrs. old when he was left at the orphanage.
He was left at an orphanage in Philadelphia that was run by some nuns or something of that nature. The orphanage no longer exists and the place burned down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 05:50 PM

23,789 posts, read 33,241,911 times
I sent you a DM with a web site to try.

good luck

Old 11-12-2009, 06:10 PM

260 posts, read 942,629 times
Ok, I'm just bumping this up to see if anyone can help me. I got a little bit extra information but haven't gotten too far.
I am hoping to be able to help my husband find information about his birthparents/siblings, but I have been facing several complications because it is just confusing. As stated, he was born in 1975.
According to some records his adoptive mother kept, that were given to her by the agency, with non-identifying information on the birth mother, he might have been taken from the biological mother and placed into the care of the children's aid society around 1977 or so. He was placed with his adotive mother around that time, but his adoption was not finalized until 1981 or so. To me it seems like he was in the foster care of his adoptive mother, and then, I guess once the birth mom did not claim him, the adoptive mother was given green light to adopt.
I'm not 100% sure of this information though...we do have his original birth name as it showed up on a paper social security gave him when he was applying for a duplicate card.
Do you know of any ways that we might be able to get our hands on a copy of his mother's relinquishment papers? or the name of the hospital he was born at?

I also found this sample letter to send to the agency or county on a website that gives guidence on how to search...should we use it and add on the last part that is about it being unlawful for them to withold the original birth certificate from him, since at some point it was available to him?

To Whom It May Concern:
My name is (your name). I was born on (your d.o.b) in (your town) PA. I was adopted at birth by (amoms name, nee, maiden), and (adads name) of (city, state aparents lived at adoption). My adoption was finalized in (your county) and was handled by (agency and/or attorney).
According to Pennsylvania Law, S2905, I am entitled to "as much information concerning the adoptee's natural parents as will not endanger the anonymity of the natural parents." I am therefore requesting copies of all original documents with identifying info whited or blacked out. If this request cannnot be honored, I then request answers to the following:
Regarding my natural mother:
1. Age and Date of Birth
2. Name at time of my Birth
3. Height
4. Weight
5. Hair color
6. Eye color
7. Education
8. Religious background
9. Socio-Economic background
10. Ethnic origins
11. Number and ages and sex of siblings that she had
12. Where she was born
13. Where she lived at the time of my Birth (city, county and state)
14. Marital Status
15. Her Parents ages
16. Her parents educational backgrounds
17. Her parents physical descriptions
18. Her parents professions
19 Any and all other non-identifying information

Regarding my natural father:
1. Age and Date of Birth
2. Name at time of my Birth
3. Height
4. Weight
5. Hair Color
6. Eye color
7. Education
8. Religious Background
9. Socio-Economic Background
10. Ethnic Origins
11. Number and ages and sex of siblings he had
12. Where he was born
13. Where he lived at the time of my birth
14. Marital Status
15. His parents ages
16. His parents educational background
17. His parents physical descriptions
18. His parents professions
19 Any and all other non-identifying information.

Also, pursuant to S2905 D 3, I am hereby requesting complete medical histories on my natural mother, natural father, and their families.
I also hereby petition the court under Pennsylvania Law S2905 C 1, that the court, or its designated agency, attempt to contact my natural parents to obtain their consent to release their identity, and present place of residence to myself. The purpose of this contact would be for complete medical history disclosure, and, only if all parties consent, to establish a relationship of some form. However, the second is not a necessity, whereas the first is.
Furthermore, in conjunction with Pennsylvania Law, S2905 C 3, I hereby request that the court orders that the agency that administered my adoption contact my natural parents if the court does not.
Also, pursuant to Pennsylvania Law, S2905, I hereby request that the court examine my file for the purpose of determining whether or not my natural mother and/or father placed on file with the court of the Department of Health, a consent form granting permission for the court or the department to disclose the information contained in my original birth certificate or any other identifying or non-identifying information pertaining to my natural mother and/or father.
**Adoptees-Basically you have legal access to your original birth certificate from roughly 1974 to February 1985 in Pennsylvania, so if you were alive during these years you could have had your OBC and have been stripped of a right you once had. Be shocked if you get anything, but if you want to make a point, your call-]
Finally, please note the following. According to Article 1, Sections 9 & 10 of the United States Constitution, no laws may be enacted ex post facto. As, in the past all original birth certificates were available to the populus of the State of Pennsylvania - inclusive of adoptees and birth parents - I am entitled according to the above named Federal Law to my original birth certificate - not amended. To withhold this from me would be a violation of my Constitutional rights, therefore I hereby request and demand to receive said original birth certificate.
Thank you for your help in this matter.
Sincerely, Your Name

Any help with this information or where to look would be very very helpful. We have limited resources right now, so can't spend the outrageous fees the county and the agency are asking for.
We have 3 small children, and really would like them to know where they come from, and if there is any important medical history we should be aware of.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,386 times
My husband had a brother that was given up right from birth to a doctor or lawyers family in Philadelphia. The birth last name would be McComsey, he would between 48 and 50. The Birth father was Carl and the birth mother was Annie McComsey. My name is Kathy Mc Comsey my husband is Carl McComsey but not a Jr. You would have approx. 8 cyblings.
Our number is 717 626-7150

Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,038,670 times
PA is considering changing their policy, though no idea how long the process might take or if it will succeed - - - PA HB162 - 2013-14

Currently they have this ; this as forms
Scroll to the bottom half of this page for the current system of information requests

Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,038,670 times
Do you know the name of the children's home he was placed in? even though it burned down?

Old 01-26-2015, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,521 times
My name is Elizabeth Velez born in Philadelphia 1975 I have questions about my birth certificate only info on it is date county of birth file number date filed and my name and gender. I always wonder why is it different from my brothers and sisters , doesn't have parents name nor what hospital I was born and we all were born at the same hospital and my certificate is the small version. Please some one help. When younger mother used to say I wasn't her daughter . so can a birth certificate be that way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search