Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 07:15 AM

1 posts, read 679 times

Advertisements

My name is Hilary Ladd and I am in search of my older half brother. Our father Daniel Roy Ladd was born in CA on July 22, 1950 and I believe my brother was born some time during 1970-1972 in Southern California, most likely in Los Angeles, Orange or San Bernardino County.

I don't know my brother's date of birth, name, mother's name or more specific birth location or year. All I do know is that he is a male believed to be born to our father and a woman he dated while on leave between his tours to Vietnam while serving in the US Navy. The letters my Dad wrote to his mother while overseas are all I have to even pinpoint the time frame of 1970-1972 for his birth. My Dad and my half brother's mom were both young and I am told his mom still lived with her parents and my Dad was again shipped over seas in the middle of everything. I do not know if my Dad was on my brother's birth certificate or if he had our father's last name or if he even knows of his true paternal heritage.

I was born later to a different mother when he finally returned to the states 1973. My paternal grandmother told me of my brother existence on her deathbed many years ago but was unable to give me any information before she passed except that my Dad wanted me to know him. My mother was only able to confirm that she had once found that our Dad had been secretly sending money to the mother and child. I did not get the impression this was something court ordered but just something he did so I don't even know if this would be on file somewhere.

Unfortunately anyone who would have known more information is now deceased, including our father who died in 1983 from his exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam. I realize my search is a long shot based on my limited information but I am willing to try in hopes that maybe he knows of me as well and is possibly looking himself. If anyone knows him or of any additional ways to attempt to research finding my brother I would greatly appreciate any help. I would very much like to meet my brother and talk if he is also interested. He would be my only brother and only son of our father.

Thank you so much for any help you are able to provide. Hilary Ladd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search