U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 PM

30,991 posts, read 13,564,601 times

Advertisements

Spokeo has some info on him: Spokeo People Search | White Pages | Find People

When I googled his name, I came up with a reference to Peter G. Martany from 1999 in which he is listed as "Assistant Vice President Wells Fargo Bank, Granada Hills (easiest way to find it is hit F3 on the page and type in the last name) There is a copy of his business card with a phone # on it on the left The hunt for Wells Fargo Bank's "Do Not Call Policy."

People finder shows a possible relationship of: "Petros Martirosians" - I'm wondering if that is actually Peter's birth name, or perhaps his fathers birth name?Search Results for Peter Martany - PeopleFinders.com

Ancestry SS Index shows Name:
Peter G. Martany
SSN: 559-65-2372
Last Residence:
91316 Encino, Los Angeles, California, USA
BORN:21 Mar 1958
Died: 13 Nov 2001
Which makes absolutely no sense, maybe he was a twin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 09:31 PM

Here is more from Ancestry, this is the Social Security Application:
Name:Petros Martirosians
[Peter George Martany]
[Peter Martany]
SSN: 559652372
Race: Asian
Birth Date: 21 Mar 1958
Birth Place: Rasht, Iran
Death Date: 13 Nov 2001
Type of Claim: Original SSN.
Additional Information: Evidence other than birth record submitted; U.S. citizen or alien allowed to work.
Notes: 14 Apr 1981: Name listed as PETROS MARTIROSIANS; 17 Nov 1992: Name listed as PETER GEORGE MARTANY; 27 Nov 2001: Name listed as PETER G MARTANY

Old 10-07-2015, 01:18 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,840,020 times
If you have any reason to believe he may have been married at one time since he lived in L.A. County for 22 years then seek the marriage records. Here's the process. I do not see mention of any fees. Which is surprising since it is California.

https://www.lavote.net/home/records/...rriage-records

Those who are not authorized may receive an INFORMATIONAL CERTIFIED COPY with the words "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY" imprinted across the face of the copy. Informational copies are not available at the RR/CC, and must be requested from the CA Department of Public Health.

California Department of Public Health
Office of Vital Records
MS 5103. P.O. Box 997410
Sacramento, CA 95899-7410
California Department of Public Health
(916) 445-2684

Old 10-11-2015, 12:40 PM

10,666 posts, read 21,340,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosian112 View Post
Hi there,

I am looking for my Uncle's children... Now here's the story.

He had children (twin daughters) with a mexican woman in California and he used to pay child support.

The mother did not write down my uncle's name on the birth certificate but another man's name - who's name i don't know (this is what i heard and do not know if this is possible or true due to the claiming of child support) My uncle died in 2001.

I have his SSN is this of any use?

Its been 30 years and i would love to find them. I am not a resident in the U.S. but reside in the UK.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. His details are as follows:

Peter G Martany - 57 years today (DOB- March 21st 1958) - Lived in Encino, CA.

Many thanks and all the best,

Alex.
You may be able to order their birth records too. When I say you, I mean his mother/father. You would need to go online to the county you think they were born in. This may be the most direct route to see if he is listed on a birth certificate from back then.

Birth certificate link - Who Can Get an Authorized Certified Copy of a Birth Record? A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the registrant

Something else you may want to try & I am not very good at it is register at family tree sites, add you, your parents, then his side of the family. Add him & the names he went by; you very well may end up with a match. Family Search has a good site, you can also see if their birth records are public while there making a family tree. Search for his name(s). The other site I used was My Heritage

The last thing your aunt can try would be to do a DNA at 23andme for $99, then upload the raw results to Family Tree. I think I have a post here somewhere (Howard is familiar with it) that gives a few other DNA upload sites. If the girls want to find their father, they could end up trying to see if they're a match to anyone in the database. Suggesting this as a back up in case he is not listed on their birth certificates & assuming they may not have had a relationship with him or known who he was

BTW, I hope you saved a copy of the page that had his business card on it. That was a very nice find!
Good luck

Old 10-11-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You may be able to order their birth records too. When I say you, I mean his mother/father. You would need to go online to the county you think they were born in. This may be the most direct route to see if he is listed on a birth certificate from back then.

Birth certificate link - Who Can Get an Authorized Certified Copy of a Birth Record? A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the registrant

Something else you may want to try & I am not very good at it is register at family tree sites, add you, your parents, then his side of the family. Add him & the names he went by; you very well may end up with a match. Family Search has a good site, you can also see if their birth records are public while there making a family tree. Search for his name(s). The other site I used was My Heritage

The last thing your aunt can try would be to do a DNA at 23andme for $99, then upload the raw results to Family Tree. I think I have a post here somewhere (Howard is familiar with it) that gives a few other DNA upload sites. If the girls want to find their father, they could end up trying to see if they're a match to anyone in the database. Suggesting this as a back up in case he is not listed on their birth certificates & assuming they may not have had a relationship with him or known who he was

BTW, I hope you saved a copy of the page that had his business card on it. That was a very nice find!
Good luck
Hi Roselvr

I think the Op is down to marriage records for the deceased Uncle since he had one child through a marriage but the child's name and mother's name is not known. Or child support records when he had the two kids with the Hispanic and her name is not known. They were not married. The domestic partner he had in the last several years of his life was not the Op's Aunt as they were not married and she does not know anything about her partner's previous kids or she is not willing to tell. She handled his affairs upon death and this no will or funeral hoping for some of his kids to have attended. Finally he had 7-8 siblings as you can see from the above obituary but none know anything about their brother's children. The Op's Uncle was married once and had three kids with two women but none of the names are known.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Hi Roselvr

I think the Op is down to marriage records for the deceased Uncle since he had one child through a marriage but the child's name and mother's name is not known. Or child support records when he had the two kids with the Hispanic and her name is not known. They were not married. The domestic partner he had in the last several years of his life was not the Op's Aunt as they were not married and she does not know anything about her partner's previous kids or she is not willing to tell. She handled his affairs upon death and this no will or funeral hoping for some of his kids to have attended. Finally he had 7-8 siblings as you can see from the above obituary but none know anything about their brother's children. The Op's Uncle was married once and had three kids with two women but none of the names are known.
That's why I said she can try to see if her uncle is listed on a birth certificate from back then; it may turn up results.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:05 PM

The OP has not posted since Sept 9th so I'm not sure they will be back, but to me the logical next step to take would be:
Call the mortuary listed in the newspaper article Allen Mortuary in Turlock. someone had to make the funeral arrangements, and they would have that information Home | Allen Mortuary - Generations of professional, compassionate and affordable care -and- call the Church where his funeral service was held (webpage down but here's the info) Mar Addai - Assyrian Church of the East -
830 East Canal Drive P. O. Box 3216. Turlock, CA 95381. Rev'd Fr. Jameel Wardah, Priest. Tel: (209) 669-3886. Cell: (209) 614-5466 MarAddaiParish9302@att.net

Also, in 1991 He was not using Martany but rather: Peter Martirosians
Address: 12312 Sherman Way Apt 220, North Hollywood, 91605-5543 (1990), CA

Not sure how helpful this is, but there were three births in Los Angeles for babies with a surname of Martirosian who seem to have the same mother:
Rochelle Martirosian 22 Feb 1986
Eric Martirosian 15 Jun 1988
David Martirosian 29 Aug 1992
On two of them the mother's maiden name was Davidian, on the third Davtian (probably same mother with a misspelled name) There are no other instances of 3 infants with a father names Martirosian born to the same mother. I can't find any infants born in California with a surname of Martany.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The OP has not posted since Sept 9th so I'm not sure they will be back, but to me the logical next step to take would be:
Call the mortuary listed in the newspaper article Allen Mortuary in Turlock. someone had to make the funeral arrangements, and they would have that information Home | Allen Mortuary - Generations of professional, compassionate and affordable care -and- call the Church where his funeral service was held (webpage down but here's the info) Mar Addai - Assyrian Church of the East -
830 East Canal Drive P. O. Box 3216. Turlock, CA 95381. Rev'd Fr. Jameel Wardah, Priest. Tel: (209) 669-3886. Cell: (209) 614-5466 MarAddaiParish9302@att.net

Not sure how helpful this is, but there were three births in Los Angeles for babies with a surname of Martirosian who seem to have the same mother:
On two of them the mother's maiden name was Davidian, on the third Davtian (probably same mother with a misspelled name) There are no other instances of 3 infants with a father names Martirosian born to the same mother. I can't find any infants born in California with a surname of Martany.
Great info! Will be shocked if its not him as the father with the name spelled wrong

Old 10-12-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Was on my cell last night; not sure why I thought his last name was spelled wrong lol.
What site did you use to find the births? Very impressed!
Eric can be found on google, so can David & Rochelle!

I hope the OP comes back! Howard, are you in contact with her?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I hope the OP comes back! Howard, are you in contact with her?
Good find by 2sleepy. Maybe they are the lost kids. The Op can try to ask all his Uncle's siblings (which includes his own mother) if they recognize the names. They have been little help so far.

Alex will be back. The other spelling of his uncle's name is his birth name and not a mis-spelling. He may have changed to Martany for child support reasons (??)
It's my understanding that he had two children with a hispanic from Mexico (would Davidian be hispanic) and one "son" with someone from Australia. The only known legal marriage was to the latter. Not married to the Mexican and not married to a domestic partner from the mid 1990's to his death in 2001.

Or that last name is common and the three births shown above are not related to the Uncle of the Op.

According to his obituary he lived in Encino for 22 years and 4 months in Turlock.
We can look at a map and see if the North Hollywood address was Encino.
-----------------------------------------------------
Child support cases are online in Arizona. So hopefully they are available in Ca. If the correct birth records and marriage records can not be located, the child support initial case document may be the only source for the mothers name.

Last edited by howard555; 10-12-2015 at 08:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search