U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 08:17 AM

5 posts, read 4,316 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm 45 years old and 3 days ago found out my dad isn't my biological father, witch tears me up. I've done a million searches,and bought a couple membership trial people finders. Problem is my mom don't really remember anything but his name and she don't remember the correct spelling. I was hoping someone could help try to find him? His name is jeff or Jeffrey or jeffry, my mom don't remember spelling, she thinks its Jeffrey. My mom said she thinks his middle initial was T for Thomas, but again she's unsure. Last name she is not sure again. She said LaClair or could be LeClair or LeClaire or LAClaire. So she think his name is jeffrey Thomas LaClair. 45 years ago he lived in Seattle Washington in a town called seatac.. My moms name is Betty bass. He was 12 years older then my mom who is 69 years old. So he'd be 80-81-maybe 82. I pray he's still alive.He tried to see me but was told to leave and never return and then got in a fight with my dad. The fight didnt turn out good for him and he never returned. I'm thinking now he probably thought I would be told about him and find one day. And to think he might of thought that one my son will find me and then it never happens is heart breaking to me. Along with I just want to meet him too.I know I have hardley anything to go on and I've done everything I know too... CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND MY DAD. please. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 09:50 PM

13 posts, read 11,158 times
Default Jeff Leclair

A possible candidate.

TORRANCE, CA
8 Address(s) Found Available
Torrance,CA 90501
Fall City,WA 98024
Tustin,CA 92780
Orting,WA 98360
Anaheim,CA 92801
Rancho Santa Margarita,CA 92688
Mesa,AZ 85206
Lakewood,WA 98498
Jeff Leclair
Jeffrey Leclair
Diane Leclair

I recommend you take a family finder DNA test. This will look for all relatives that have taken the test. You might find your father or a relative of your fatherís. If you take a paternity DNA test and you father hasnít taken one, you are out of luck. Thatís why the Family Finder test is better. It is around $100 and it takes about a month to get results. These are the 3 big companies for DNA testing:

https://www.familytreedna.com/login.aspx

https://www.23andme.com/

No matter which company you go with, you should also upload your results to GEDMATCH for free. Most people do this, no matter where they have taken their DNA test. So, you will have more and closer matches.
GEDmatch Login

Old 09-01-2015, 08:26 AM

Thank you very much for taking your personal time and researching for me. ITS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I will take that test and pray he or a relative has taken it too. I found that same Jeff u did but no phone #, I would love to call that Jeff, did you find a #? If by chance you did I'd love to get it. Again thank you thank you for reading my post and for caring means a lot.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:26 AM

Haven't found my dad still. If anyone knows of a jeff laclair in any spelling who lived in washington state in 1968-1969 and would be 73 to 83 years old now please contact me. He might not even know about me. My phone # is 360-829-7709 I live in Buckley washington. My email is imfyn2003md@gmail.com thank you.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:32 AM

Default Still havent found my dad

Contact me if you know a jeff laclair in any spelling who lived in washington state in 1968-1969 and his age is between 72-82. My # is 360-829-7709. Thank you.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:34 AM

196 posts, read 128,446 times
I have a friend who just this week found both her biological parents families after doing the DNA test on Ancestry.com
Her mother has passed away and she hasn't found her father yet but she went to meet his brother and his mother so this actually worked for her even if she didn't find exactly who she was looking for. She has a whole new family she never knew and couldn't be happier about it.

I never put much into that whole DNA thing and I've been doing family tree research for 25 years.

I really think you should give it some thought. It may make things go faster.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:42 AM

Thank you I plan on doing it in January. Just started my own company so money is tight managing everything. I can't wait to do it. Thanks again.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:59 AM

196 posts, read 128,446 times
You are welcome. I just wanted to reassure you that the possibility is out there. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2015, 08:16 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,847,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eascoaswing View Post
I have a friend who just this week found both her biological parents families after doing the DNA test on Ancestry.com. I really think you should give it some thought. It may make things go faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or