U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,039 times

Advertisements

My best friend would like to find her father Edward Charles Farrell (possibly went by Eddie) Up until recently her mother would not give her any information but had a change of heart and was willing to discuss a few things that she thought might help.

My friend was born in 1977 in Portsmouth, VA. She has no memory of her father at all.

There is a picture that my friend found and has had in her possession for many years without being able to put names with faces. It is a picture of her father and his two sons in front of a Christmas tree and it was taken in the mid to late 70's possibly during a visit to Lagrange, GA or that area but that is not verified.

According to her mother, the oldest of the two boys in the picture name is Edward Charles Farrell Jr and the youngest was named Christopher.

Her mother says that the oldest half brother was the same age as my friends brother and he was born in 1974.

The only other pieces of information that she was willing to give was that she met Mr. Farrell in Maryland and that he had been in the Navy or was still in the Navy and that he had a pin in his thumb after an injury.

Her father did come to GA with the intention of being part of her life however he eventually left. She was told by one relative that it had something to do with him taking her to a park accompanied by one of her aunts and he was pushing her on a swing and she got hurt. Another relative said that there had been a fire at a local trailer park and he was questioned about it or accused of something and he left town. Unfortunately either of these stories could be false but her mother confirmed that he did come to Lagrange/West Point, GA at some point after she was born.

Together we have found possible matches for the two half brothers but have no clue how to proceed especially since we can't seem to link the names and locations of these individuals to their father. The last thing she wants to do is be intrusive in her half brothers lives but having said that she wants to make contact with her father if he is still living.

Any suggestions as to ways to make contact with the sons or if anyone can help with her fathers whereabouts we would be so appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 08:36 PM

10 posts, read 5,371 times
I found a possible obituary for Christopher Farrell who's father was Edward Farrell and also listed a brother as Edward JR. It also listed other siblings.

Christopher Farrell Obituary - Santa Ana, CA | OCRegister.com

Old 10-25-2015, 03:55 PM

15 posts, read 7,529 times
I have an Edward C Farrell born on 1 June 1973 who has a brother Christopher and who lives in Coram NY.
Moderator cut: please send a private message through the system, no asking for email addresses on the for forum, thank you! I can give you some email addresses and telephone numbers.

As I often have to do with new-found half-siblings of German or American adoptees I can tell you that almost 100 percent of those who could be found are very happy about a new brother orsister. So, just give it a try to find out if he is the one ou are looking for.

There is another Edward C Farrell born on 30 April 1974 in Hartford, WI and there are quite a few in their 60s, 70s and 80s. The name is quite freqent as you may know.

Gaby

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-25-2015 at 06:24 PM..

Old 10-25-2015, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,039 times
Thank you for the encouragement. Based on the research I have done we are pretty certain that we have found the correct Edward and Christopher. They seem to be related to a Karen Melanson who was at one time a Farrell...mother or Aunt is not clear. But the addresses for all three are towns that completely fit with Naval background information. The one piece of information I did not include in the original post was that her mother told her that he was from Maine or had family there. Trying to find a connection with that to the two brothers in NY. Again thank you for the encouragement in contacting the people that we think are possibly her half brothers.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:29 AM

15 posts, read 7,529 times
Okay,

that Edward C Farrell in Coram, NY is related to Karen Melanson. So he should be the one you have found also.

You should definitely get in touch with him.

Gaby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or