U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 02:03 PM

7 posts, read 5,498 times

Advertisements

My name is Sonnetta S. DeLong. William Jacob DeLong was my birth father. He was born on Dec.28, 1939 and Died in Aug of 1970. He was born in Canton,Ohio but lived in Bolivar until his death. I did not know him because he seperated from my mom before I was born then divorced her after I was born. I do know he was a McKinley High school football player, he was in a bad accident and got burned really bad and he told my mom he did not want me to see him that way but she did tell me that he would pass by the house and watch me playing when I was outside and sent me some gifts on a few of my birthdays. I know he married a woman named Caroline and had a baby who died at 3 months of age. Even though I never knew him I still love him and would like to know more about him. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Sonnetta DeLong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 08:27 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,864,274 times
Hi Sonnetta,

What do you wish to know about your Father?

The grave marker on the Find A Grave obituary that you maintain shows that he was in the Air Force. That is a possible source of information if others in his unit can be found.

I see a Caroline E. DeLong in Ohio.
Maybe you have already contacted her as possibly being your Father's widow?

Old 11-04-2015, 02:55 PM

10,723 posts, read 21,370,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Hi Sonnetta,

What do you wish to know about your Father?

The grave marker on the Find A Grave obituary that you maintain shows that he was in the Air Force. That is a possible source of information if others in his unit can be found.

I see a Caroline E. DeLong in Ohio.
Maybe you have already contacted her as possibly being your Father's widow?
William J DeLong find a grave

I wonder if someone could find her a photo on classmates?

Old 11-04-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
William J DeLong find a grave

I wonder if someone could find her a photo on classmates?
Hi Roselvr,
We are working on a yearbook photo as well as a possible military photo. One is on the way and the other is pending military research.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:21 AM

10,723 posts, read 21,370,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Hi Roselvr,
We are working on a yearbook photo as well as a possible military photo. One is on the way and the other is pending military research.
Awesome!

Old 11-16-2015, 02:40 PM

William DeLong (1939-1970)

The photo is 3/4 inch x 1 inch and I see no way to edit it for better quality. Thank you to Simone for her kindness, time, and effort to make the photo possible in the most time efficient way.

Maybe the obituary gives you some names you did not already know and I'll send you a possible for Brian. Betty passed away in 1996 and Vernon appears to have passed in 2000. You can find both of them on Find A Grave. With parents born by around 1906 at the latest the other siblings are likely deceased.
Attached Thumbnails
Can anyone tell me about my birth father William Jacob DeLong-yearbook.jpg   Can anyone tell me about my birth father William Jacob DeLong-obituary.jpg  

Old 11-16-2015, 03:12 PM

Thank you so much. I do look like him a little I have his mouth and eyes and his build. My daughter just saw the picture and said that you can tell by looking at me that he is my dad.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:53 PM

I recieved a picture and the obituary from his death. Thank you so much. It has meant so much to me. Now that I saw a close up of him I realize I look more like him then I thought. I just hope I can find my brothers so I can get to know more about my dad and get to know them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or