U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 09:45 AM

79 posts, read 47,364 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an old friend who is supposedly in an assisted living home in a large Florida city. Does anyone here work in such a place? I'm wondering if I called there and asked if my friend is a resident, are they allowed to give out such information as to whether or not someone resides there? There would be many calls to make as there are alot of AL homes but I do know that he has no money and is on disability so that narrows it down a bit. I'm thinking this could end up like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 11:45 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,840,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycatz View Post
I am looking for an old friend who is supposedly in an assisted living home in a large Florida city. Does anyone here work in such a place? I'm wondering if I called there and asked if my friend is a resident, are they allowed to give out such information as to whether or not someone resides there? There would be many calls to make as there are alot of AL homes but I do know that he has no money and is on disability so that narrows it down a bit. I'm thinking this could end up like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Do you have any idea the name of the city? None of his friends or relatives can help you narrow down the city? If you call with the intention of mailing them a greeting card the office should give you the mailing address. By doing that they will be confirming that your friend is there.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:28 PM

The city is St. Petersburg. I have already made several calls to homes and they have confirmed that he is NOT there. Only one home would not give a direct answer, said they would call back when they spoke to the adminstrator. That got me wondering if they would not tell a caller that someone resides there to protect their privacy? I would think they would want to encourage mail and/or visits to residents. I'm sort of thinking of contacting a PI in the area, wonder if that would cost a small fortune?

Old 11-11-2015, 02:38 PM

Sure there are privacy laws. If you think he is there send him a letter there and enclose a stamped self addressed envelope. If he is not there the letter will come back to you as undeliverable as addressed, or no such number, or no such name, or forwarding order expired if they no longer reside there.

We had a friend in such a center in Ohio. They left and went home the day before our letter arrived. It came back to us.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:45 PM

That's a great idea. As I said, so far I've maybe called about 20 facilities and only the one didn't give me an immediate answer. They never called back either, although they took my number. I'm hoping maybe someone who works in a home can tell me how they handle phone inquiries about residents. With all the search engines around today, anybody can pretty much find anybody else but it doesn't work in a situation like this. Has anyone else tried to find someone living in some kind of facility?

Old 11-11-2015, 09:41 PM

4,657 posts, read 7,704,188 times
Quote:
That's a great idea. As I said, so far I've maybe called about 20 facilities and only the one didn't give me an immediate answer. They never called back either, although they took my number. I'm hoping maybe someone who works in a home can tell me how they handle phone inquiries about residents. With all the search engines around today, anybody can pretty much find anybody else but it doesn't work in a situation like this. Has anyone else tried to find someone living in some kind of facility?
Do you know their last residential address?

Old 11-11-2015, 10:25 PM

Possibly. But I don't know how long ago it was that he lived there. I don't know when he went into AL.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
Do you know their last residential address?
Quote:
Possibly. But I don't know how long ago it was that he lived there. I don't know when he went into AL.
The last known residential address can help you locate some of his former neighbors who may know where he lives now. Write a letter to him c/o of the center where you think he lives now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or