U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 12:39 PM

369 posts, read 1,806,539 times

Advertisements

Hi friends -

A little background: My ex-husband and I divorced in March of this year. In April, doctors told him that his heart failure had progressed to the point that he would not live the summer. He returned home so that I could care for him and he could be with the children and I.

His mental faculties weakened as his physical state deteriorated. In discussing his estate and how it was to be handled, he mentioned that he had used an attorney in Memphis, TN for some personal business and that I should contact him when he passed. The only problem is, he could NOT RECALL HIS NAME!

He passed away in August, and I have asked friends, family and my attorney for advice on how to locate the attorney he mentioned. Other than calling every attorney listed in the State of TN bar association - and there are a LOT of them, I cannot think of any other way to proceed, nor can anyone else.

It's time to widen my circle of experts, so I'm coming to all of you! Can anyone suggest a possible solution? I've thought of hiring a private investigator, but he left no life insurance and finances are a big consideration. While it might be a wild goose chase, I would appreciate any and all suggestions as to how I might handle this search.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 12:54 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,864,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnaie View Post
In discussing his estate and how it was to be handled, he mentioned that he had used an attorney in Memphis, TN for some personal business and that I should contact him when he passed. Other than calling every attorney listed in the State of TN bar association - and there are a LOT of them, I cannot think of any other way to proceed, nor can anyone else.
Calling the just ones in Memphis reduces it a bit. That is your quickest and easiest solution. Unless one of his other relatives knows the name.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:11 PM

17,056 posts, read 17,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Calling the just ones in Memphis reduces it a bit. That is your quickest and easiest solution. Unless one of his other relatives knows the name.
Try to figure out what type of "personal business" (DUI, taxes, real estate, criminal charges, ?) it was and that may narrow down the number of attorneys to contact.

Perhaps call the court house for ideas. Maybe there is a court case or judgment or police report in his name and that would list the attorney.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or