Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 03:14 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times

Advertisements

I have not seen my bio dad in 35 years. I have done some searches and I know he lived in a few different states and had a business in one which is no longer there. I also know he has been married a few times and has had other children. I can't find a phone number for my bio dad but I think I found his ex wife online through her business website. My question is would it be wrong to either call the number or email her through that business site which I think she owns? I wanted to see if she had contact info for him. I also found a past business partner of his but with the other one I found I did call and left a message but I never got a call back.
For some reason I feel very weird calling people who may know him. I have a feeling he has done a lot of people wrong so I am not even sure if they have kept contact with him or he may have disappeared on them too.
Thank you for any thoughts or advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 08:46 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I have not seen my bio dad in 35 years. I have done some searches and I know he lived in a few different states and had a business in one which is no longer there. I also know he has been married a few times and has had other children. I can't find a phone number for my bio dad but I think I found his ex wife online through her business website. My question is would it be wrong to either call the number or email her through that business site which I think she owns? I wanted to see if she had contact info for him. I also found a past business partner of his but with the other one I found I did call and left a message but I never got a call back.
For some reason I feel very weird calling people who may know him. I have a feeling he has done a lot of people wrong so I am not even sure if they have kept contact with him or he may have disappeared on them too.
Thank you for any thoughts or advice.
We see no harm in contacting the ex wife. You are just asking if she knows where someone lives. His former addresses can lead you to people who know him. His age could negate any child support issues if there ever were any.

Last edited by howard555; 11-20-2015 at 08:56 AM..

Old 11-20-2015, 03:02 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,533 times
If I were that ex-wife, I would be creeped out by your phone call. Don't put this on her.

If bio-dad wanted to be found by you, he would have made it easier by now.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:40 PM

Thank you

I think for now I am going to wait. I feel weird contacting people from his past though I would not mind if someone contacted me.
I am thinking all his kids are older so for example he owed 18 years worth to my mom but now that would not be a factor.
Thanks again for your feedback

Old 11-21-2015, 10:44 AM

At some point you will have to take a chance if you want to find your Father before you find your Father's obituary.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:19 AM

Thank you. I actually called the ex wife and she was so nice. I learned little about my bio dad but she has not hand contact with him in about 15 years. I am glad I called her.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I actually called the ex wife and she was so nice. I am glad I called her.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:49 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Thank you. I actually called the ex wife and she was so nice. I learned little about my bio dad but she has not hand contact with him in about 15 years. I am glad I called her.
Glad you called. You have nothing to lose. Either they say yes or no. Just because someone is creeped out doesn't mean everyone feels that way

Old 11-23-2015, 09:36 PM

Thank you.

I feel like there will be no other way to find him then to contact people who he may know or have known.
Though the ex wife did not know where he was we spoke for over 30 minutes and I learned things about him that I had not known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search