Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 04:13 AM

9 posts, read 8,163 times

Advertisements

Eldemila I did see the charge and have to chuckle, as he was in his young teens, if that is indeed him, who of us didn't get sassy or rebellious at that age? Surely there has to be story behind that?

All of this is very interesting to say the least. I suppose I could try to find where I put the guest list of who went to my mother's funeral, maybe one or two of them are still alive and may remember if she ever mentioned him or any information. My aunt, her half sister, was there but I know if I start questioning her she will ask me why I am drudging up the past and it should stay there. Not a conversation I would look forward to with her.

I will be gone for 5 days this week so once I get home will have more time to continue with my search. Interesting enough, last year I wrote to the school my mother has her diploma from in Massachusetts and they never responded to the emails or the phone calls where I left msg's. I had wanted to know if they had any old year books from that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 09:38 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
If you can't find a copy of the YB on line I would try to post and ask if anyone in the particular forum here on CD that would cover that area of Mass if maybe they know where you could find one. Or, call the local library, they may have some info., or maybe guide you to someone/someplace that would.

Is your Mother buried in Nevada? If so, I see a headstone next to hers but can't read it.

Have you seen the family tree under Merski on Ancestry? Not sure if it's the same Joan, just throwing it out there.

Have a safe trip.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:27 AM

Yes, my mom is buried by my grandmother, so your probably seeing her grave stone. I just went to look at Merski and that name is not ringing any bells, so I sent them a quick note. Hopefully whomever it is will send me a reply and could be a cousin or some such.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:43 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariLynn View Post
Yes, my mom is buried by my grandmother, so your probably seeing her grave stone. I just went to look at Merski and that name is not ringing any bells, so I sent them a quick note. Hopefully whomever it is will send me a reply and could be a cousin or some such.
There's another tree with Gannon - and it links Joan Frances to being married to Kenneth Dalton Holderbaum Jr. When you go to look at the marriage info, it links it again to the marriage to John Gannon, not Holderbaum. But it links the info to your mother, so I'm taking it the owner of this tree (RICHARDLANE41 ) got it wrong?

There's a Frank E Gannon with a wife named Mary Mae from St Louis, Missouri that in 1940 had a child in the family named John. Just another possibility to throw in to the ring. He was an attorney. Still, the Taylor maiden name for the mother hasn't come up, this wifes name was Mary Mae Brennan Gannon. Wonder if he was adopted out possibly???

http://www.sos.mo.gov/images/archive...2_00006395.PDF

If you find a link in that being family, there is a HS picture of Frank Gannon of St Louis in a 1920 year book

Last edited by Eldemila; 08-30-2016 at 01:09 PM..

Old 09-23-2016, 06:03 AM

I am back....I did find a cousin on my mother and grandmothers side that is a 3rd cousin, we are going to start sending out email to one another, the names he has I am not familiar with but then again, as I said, my family was always pretty closed mouth about who was who.

I did email California for the death cert of my father, however, it being California, they never responded so will have to call up there and talk to them. Curious as to what is on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search