U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:31 PM

427 posts, read 243,377 times

Advertisements

Looking for Johnny Ray.

Johnny Ray was born in Early 1961 in Phoenix to Raymond Wallace Baier and Sylvia Jayne Tucker. Sylvia herself had been adopted by Evelyn (and Albert?) Tucker at birth in 1943. Ray and Sylvia married in October of 1960. Johnny Ray was born as Johnny Ray Baier.

Some point in first part of 1962 his Parents marriage was annulled and Johnny and Sylvia returned to Phoenix with Evelyn. Johnny may have for a likely took the last name of Tucker.
Evelyn Tucker and her husband then had Johnny adopted by a Preacher in Phoenix sometime between 1966 and 1971. It unknown who the Preacher was or the name.

That is where the trail run dry. I have found the Birth Mtoher who also has been looking for Johnny Ray for many years now.

About 3 or 4 Years ago a relative who lives in Cortez saw a Semi Truck driving through Cortez with a sign that read 'Johnny Ray is looking for his father'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 07:22 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,328,730 times
I'm confused. In your other thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/45644784-post1.html

you mention that Johnny Ray died: Johnny ray died in a Car Accident in Arizonan (Phoenix I believe) in the early to mid 1980s in his early 20s.

Instead of starting a new thread, why not just update the original thread with any new information you found?? So, I take it, Johnny Ray did not die in the mid 1980's?

Old 10-12-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I'm confused. In your other thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/45644784-post1.html

you mention that Johnny Ray died: Johnny ray died in a Car Accident in Arizonan (Phoenix I believe) in the early to mid 1980s in his early 20s.

Instead of starting a new thread, why not just update the original thread with any new information you found?? So, I take it, Johnny Ray did not die in the mid 1980's?
Sorry. We found out he still alive. He was actually adopted by a Preacher. I found out some new information very recently.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:31 PM

Found out Adopted Name was 'John Paul'. At one time Birth Mother heard he was living in Texas.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:35 PM

Default How to find someone without a Last Name

I know it very difficult to find someone without knowing a last name. But if you looking for a person who was adopted and you only know their adopted First and Middle Name how can you find their adopted last name?

I know Date of Birth, Place of Birth and where they name lived at one point with Adopted Parent who was a Preacher. I also know the city they were adopted in

Old 11-26-2016, 09:48 PM

You have a lot of information that could make it easier than you think. You can search Ancestry through the local library for free. FamilySearch.org is a good place to search too, and one you can access from home.

Others would be happy to try to help find you some information if you put this information out there. You can P/M me info to see what I could come up with if you want.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:45 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,836,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
I know it very difficult to find someone without knowing a last name. But if you looking for a person who was adopted and you only know their adopted First and Middle Name how can you find their adopted last name?

Each case is unique. One adopted step sibling was found when the adopted last name was not known. One of the free sites was instrumental in the + result. In another the last name was not accurate and that person was found again with simple ideas.

Do not think that you do not have enough.
You might not but you very well may as Eldemila has correctly pointed out.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:23 PM

You need to make sure that the information that was put on Find A Grave is removed:

Johnny Ray Tucker (1961 - ) - Find A Grave Memorial

First, I would contact the current Methodist church and see if they have any records of who was the pastor during the years you think this adoption could have happened. The worst they could say is they have no info.

Post on the Mesa, AZ board, if you haven't already. Maybe someone knew the pastor from back then.

Last, this may/may not be a lead, but I will let you do the research on this as some parts seem to fit:

John Kamaras Obituary - Tucson, AZ | Arizona Daily Star

Rev. Dr. John A. Kamaras 74, died August 18, 2011 born in Beverly NJ. Served in U.S. Air Force 10 years. Ordained Elder in the United Methodist Church in 1969. John served as pastor, teacher, chaplain and counselor for 35 years. He is survived by his wife, Gail; his sons, John Paul Kamaras and Walter Forest; his daughters, Laura Kamaras and Jessica Bowers, and seven beloved grandchildren. A Memorial Service will be held Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at First United Methodist Church, 915 E 4th St. (This is Tuscon, AZ) Any contributions may be made to the United Methodist Committee on Relief. - See more at: John Kamaras Obituary - Tucson, AZ | Arizona Daily Star

This family also lived in TX as one time.

Again, this may be truly a coincidence on the info and no lead at all.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
You need to make sure that the information that was put on Find A Grave is removed:

Johnny Ray Tucker (1961 - ) - Find A Grave Memorial

First, I would contact the current Methodist church and see if they have any records of who was the pastor during the years you think this adoption could have happened. The worst they could say is they have no info.

Post on the Mesa, AZ board, if you haven't already. Maybe someone knew the pastor from back then.

Last, this may/may not be a lead, but I will let you do the research on this as some parts seem to fit:

John Kamaras Obituary - Tucson, AZ | Arizona Daily Star

Rev. Dr. John A. Kamaras 74, died August 18, 2011 born in Beverly NJ. Served in U.S. Air Force 10 years. Ordained Elder in the United Methodist Church in 1969. John served as pastor, teacher, chaplain and counselor for 35 years. He is survived by his wife, Gail; his sons, John Paul Kamaras and Walter Forest; his daughters, Laura Kamaras and Jessica Bowers, and seven beloved grandchildren. A Memorial Service will be held Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at First United Methodist Church, 915 E 4th St. (This is Tuscon, AZ) Any contributions may be made to the United Methodist Committee on Relief. - See more at: John Kamaras Obituary - Tucson, AZ | Arizona Daily Star

This family also lived in TX as one time.

Again, this may be truly a coincidence on the info and no lead at all.
Thank you I will try the Mesa Board.

I have had a couple close calls but they all were just a coincidence or fell apart. This one I found a Number (or 2) for the wife but both were not working numbers. It seem like this may just be another one of those

In one Website I look it does show this John Paul as being age 56 but can not find anything for a John Paul Kamaras. But I d tihnk The Preacher may have been older then this guy but that just a guest.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:54 PM

Interesting...

https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ar%3A1936-1938~

It seems that either JMK went by a different name, or that there were errors in the listings. See all that have the same birth date:

https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ar%3A1937-1937~

It appears, after his death, the house in Tuscon was sold. Just keep searching!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or