U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:10 PM

16 posts, read 11,013 times

Advertisements

I think she could have graduated in 1977. Barbara Smith could have been an adopted Grandmother, so there's that angle. I am super blessed for your research, as well as from others, and I thank you for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 06:10 PM

4,885 posts, read 6,343,989 times
OP, I have found who lived at the address you gave, 2230 Ironton St., in 1976. It is listed that a Peter L. and Carol C. Thompson lived there at that year. I have attached the telephone book listing for you to view. I couldn't find record of them (or singlely) living there prior to that year, or after that year.

I found a Peter L. Thompson living in Arvada, Co, who supposedly was born the same year.

There are 2 Peter L Thompson's listed who have lived in the areas I found associated with the one listed above. It appears from what I see one may be father (age 81 now) and one may be the son (61 now)

http://www.spokeo.com/Peter-Thompson/Colorado

I am posting this info for you, and also for others who would like to help you in your search.

See both listings, each for Peter L. Thompson

Going on the information you provided with that address, and that your birth mother's parents supposedly passed away at a young age, possibly this is her brother and she was sent to live with them??

I want to get this posted before I lose it on my computer.

ROSEVLR, yes there is a name associated with Cindy Thompson, I have to get the info posted later, but I do have it, just can't remember it at this time.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Sorry, I was in such a hurry I forgot to post the listing. See thumbnails below. Had to resize them so hoping they can easily be viewed.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Birth Mother in Colorado-42748_334412-01021.jpg   Looking for Birth Mother in Colorado-42748_334412-01447.jpg  

Last edited by Eldemila; 01-12-2017 at 10:07 PM..

Old 01-12-2017, 09:50 PM

OP, just sent you a P/M with more info. Please check and let me know you got it. I believe I found the Peter L Thompson, he moved from Arvada in 2007.

Last edited by Eldemila; 01-12-2017 at 10:08 PM..

Old 01-12-2017, 10:31 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,038,156 times
In Greeley Dec 31, 1975, Peter L & Carol Thompson purchased property.
In Greeley 1976 numerous ads, Peter was realtor for Scott Realty. One ad intriduced Peter and his charming wife Carol & their children, they live in Greeley. It included his education, with college beginning in Pennsylvania.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:25 PM

OMG! That has to be it. The power of human kindness. Thank you Edemila, historyfan, Roselvr, coschristi...I'll keep you updated. The next step is for me to reach out. By all accounts, this seems to be them.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:25 AM

4,754 posts, read 4,038,156 times
Here is info about Peter Thompson from a 1976 Greeley, CO realty newspaper ad-- (He went by Pete in the realtor advertisements.)

Pete & his wife Carol with 5 children live in Greeley.
Has BA in liberal arts from Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania.
3 years graduate school at American University in Washington DC.
7 years employed by Alcoa in purchasing & traffic division.
5 years as a management consultant in US & Canada.
3 years as Colorado manager for Compute, Inc.

-----
?
Was the information included with orginal birth certificate about Cynthia's mother being deceased etc. current for 1975? Or was this additional health information included as an update with the birth certificate?
Because if current in 1975 would indicate Carol was not Cynthia's mother, correct?

Note, I did find Peter L Thompson as a 1957 graduate of Elizabethtown college in an ebooks yearbook.

Last edited by historyfan; 01-13-2017 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: add

Old 01-13-2017, 05:41 AM

The information I was given was on a type of background sheet that the lawyer at the time complied as a brief description, or overview, of my family history. I'm assuming, since the privacy law, that the info was designed to let the adoptee know of any family health issues. Carol could be a step mom. If Cynthia was indeed born in PA and the sheet says my maternal grandfather graduated from college, these all seem to be a close match. The information is stacking up in favor of this Pete Thompson.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:59 AM

I'm sending you some more information that seems to verify the Peter Thompson I believe I sent you previously with name, number and actual recent pictures. Looks like a nice guy if it's one and the same!

Will P/M you the info now

Last edited by Eldemila; 01-13-2017 at 07:24 AM..

Old 01-13-2017, 01:23 PM

10,730 posts, read 21,380,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDolberg View Post
Two copies of the OBC were given to me. One reads Cynthia Denise Thompson and the other copy I received is a Report of Adoption and it has her name as Cindy Thompson. The OBC has her address as 2230 South Ironton St Aurora CO. I've looked at past deed owners and there isn't one listed prior to '85 and the home was built in '53. I have a paper that says she had a brother and sister at that time, my grandmother passed away from stomach cancer at 36, grandfather was 38, and my great grandfather was 65 and GGma died at 63 from a stroke. The property may have been owned by the military, since Lowery and Buckley Air Force bases are in the area. I was born at St. Joseph's in Denver and I only have her name. Unfortunately, this time era is crazy, people shipped off pregnant girls to other states to have their babies quite often. Thank you for any assistance given.
I don't know if Eldemila or historyfan have a DOB for Peter Sr. Going off the Spokeo info of Peter being 81 now (assuming he's the correct one)...

He was born around 1935/36 and would make him about 22 when he graduated Elizabethtown college in 1957.

Your deceased grandma was probably similar age to your grandpa. If Peter Jr. age 61 is correct, he was born around 55. Would be nice to know how old she was when she had him. People married young back then, she could have been 15. If they were similar age, she would have her passed away some time in the 1970's. If she was born around 1935 like Peter we're looking at 1971, if she's younger it brings it more toward 1975.

Peter and Carol purchased property in December 1975, I have to think that it looks more like Carol is a step mom. I do wonder if moms parents divorced or if grandpa met his 2nd wife after she passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
In Greeley Dec 31, 1975, Peter L & Carol Thompson purchased property.
In Greeley 1976 numerous ads, Peter was realtor for Scott Realty. One ad intriduced Peter and his charming wife Carol & their children, they live in Greeley. It included his education, with college beginning in Pennsylvania.
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Here is info about Peter Thompson from a 1976 Greeley, CO realty newspaper ad-- (He went by Pete in the realtor advertisements.)

Pete & his wife Carol with 5 children live in Greeley.
Has BA in liberal arts from Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania.
3 years graduate school at American University in Washington DC.
7 years employed by Alcoa in purchasing & traffic division.
5 years as a management consultant in US & Canada.
3 years as Colorado manager for Compute, Inc.

-----
?
Was the information included with orginal birth certificate about Cynthia's mother being deceased etc. current for 1975? Or was this additional health information included as an update with the birth certificate?
Because if current in 1975 would indicate Carol was not Cynthia's mother, correct?

Note, I did find Peter L Thompson as a 1957 graduate of Elizabethtown college in an ebooks yearbook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or