Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 04:04 PM

5 posts, read 6,779 times

Advertisements

My dad from the u.s. was stationed in at Coleman Barracks and ended up having a son with his good friend in 1981 or 1982 in sandhofen Or mannheim.
Details are limited due to my dad's health but from what he remembers her name was Barita Varixa (or berretta varika, or something like that), her birth year is between 1962-1965, she was half Turkish with blond hair, and her parents owned a guesthouse above a pub (with a green sign) near the coleman barracks. She married a guy (I think was a cop) who adopted my half brother and they wanted to raise him as his own until he was older.

I hope you can help! Thank you

Last edited by Jakibrooks; 01-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: Polite closing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 08:59 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
OP, are you a female, and when were you born, are you older/younger than your half brother?

Did your father sign away his parental rights, and if so, does he have any paperwork showing such? Does your father know if the child was born at the base, or at a local hospital?

What is your father's name, and his DOB. What years was he stationed there.

There is a birth parent on G's website who is also looking for a child they gave up for adoption that was from the same base. I wonder if you can contact them and see if maybe they remember where this guesthouse was, or maybe some of the information on their post can help you in your search.

Born 1980-1989 Germany and West Germany G'S Adoption Registry

Also, try posting on here, and every other website that has veterans that were stationed there and ask anyone if they remember this guesthouse, and/or the people who ran it, and your Mother.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colem...47543608623845

Old 01-12-2017, 06:51 AM

I am a female and I would be the younger sibling. My dad gave up his parental rights to the man his friend was marrying sometime after my half brother was born. He was born in a hospital.

My dad got rid of a lot of paperwork over the years because he had no intention of trying to find him due to my dad making peace with the situation when he gave up his resaponsibilty. But I do know that my dad paid child support. But I don't think he has those documents anymore.

My father's name is Ernest Brooks born in 1961. He said he was stationed at the barracks during the time she got pregnant but he was already in Afghanistan when he was born. My dad says he had to been born in 1982.

Thank you for your help!! I didn't think I would get anywhere but thank you!! I will check the websites out.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:20 AM

39 posts, read 36,583 times
The "Einwohnermeldeamt" (German resident registration office) will have all names/former names/adoptive parents/address/birth details/all citizenships held, and a lot more. Via §44 BMG in Germany you can request your brothers' name, formal titles, address and basic information if you are at least 16 years of age.
If you don't have his former/current name you can try finding his details based on your name/your fathers' name. Germany is very good with keeping these records so your chances of finding him are actually good.

If you need any further help please also free to PM me.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 AM

Thank you bullish! I don't have his name. My dad says its one thing but he isn't even sure because he knows it was different for German. Idk of that even makes sense. I only really have my dads name and a mispelt version of her name. But if my dad isn't from Germany do u think they would still have those records?

Old 01-13-2017, 07:46 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakibrooks View Post
Thank you bullish! I don't have his name. My dad says its one thing but he isn't even sure because he knows it was different for German. Idk of that even makes sense. I only really have my dads name and a mispelt version of her name. But if my dad isn't from Germany do u think they would still have those records?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I have found a lot of ancestors by purposely spelling names in correctly. You have no idea the results of a name like Shapiro how it could be misspelled in so many different ways.

Provide all you know, even if you don't think it's significant, misspelled, etc. What was his position at the Coleman Barracks? That's usually the thing that will help get you your answer.

And check back here often. So many people post and then leave. Keep your post alive by being active.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:18 AM

39 posts, read 36,583 times
Records are kept for everyone who actually resided at a permanent address in Germany as a regular person (similar to being on the "electoral roll" in the UK or other countries). There are exceptions, so I do not know what records are kept if someone resides in a different way (i.e. as part of foreign military personnel).

I believe you have a lot of information about your family members and also about the former business.

Good luck with your search!

Old 10-11-2017, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post
The "Einwohnermeldeamt" (German resident registration office) will have all names/former names/adoptive parents/address/birth details/all citizenships held, and a lot more. Via §44 BMG in Germany you can request your brothers' name, formal titles, address and basic information if you are at least 16 years of age.
If you don't have his former/current name you can try finding his details based on your name/your fathers' name. Germany is very good with keeping these records so your chances of finding him are actually good.

Hello i am also looking for my mothers family wanted to know where do i start.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:51 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzle73 View Post
Hello i am also looking for my mothers family wanted to know where do i start.
Are you seeking family members who may still be alive in Germany (like your mother's siblings or cousins)? Or are you seeking your family ancestors (i.e., your mother's parents parents, her grandparents, her great grandparents, etc.) who were lived in Germany in the past?

Where to start your search will, to some extent, depend on the answer to that question.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish View Post

Thank you. Still trying to find him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search