Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:23 AM

277 posts, read 327,852 times

Advertisements

Odd, there are a couple wrong addresses for my name, a phone number I have never seen, emails I have never had and of the 47 ' relatives ' only four are accurate.

There is an ancient email address of mine and old phone number too.

I lived in a small building in Boston for years which had tenants coming and going so I wonder if any of those people are now associated with my name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 09:20 AM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50states View Post
Odd, there are a couple wrong addresses for my name, a phone number I have never seen, emails I have never had and of the 47 ' relatives ' only four are accurate.
Now now, the extra 43 Christmas cards won't cost you but around $21 in postage.
Everyone needs "long lose relatives."
Then again if you want those 43 to stay lost..........

Old 07-08-2017, 05:36 PM

106 posts, read 68,497 times
What I've discovered on these type of websites is that they're all what I'd call "Feeder Sites". Oh, they may begin with some basic list, though each and every time someone inputs data of someone they're trying to find, ~presto~ your data now becomes part of the database. It continues to build as more people search after giving them clues and information.

Classmates.com is a classic, and where I first got clued to this years and years ago. There was a lovely lady, a class behind me in high school, and I went to look for her. There was no data about her whatsoever there on Classmates... until I'd entered basic info about her. After leaving the website I soon got curious, went back within minutes and ~presto~ she was now listed in the proper class, age, full name, etc. Then's the interesting part: Classmates.com then appeared to have information about her, wanted money naturally to view their data about her, when all of the data had been submitted by me. Follow? Think: Personal Data/Personal Information. There's always a catch.

Perhaps this website has been up and running long enough to gain loads of info from people's inputs. Claymoore/OP states, "If there is a catch, I haven't found it." Seems to me the catch to this one is that someone's information could be used against them by less-than-honest people... and even against yourself. Have learned to not trust any of them initially more than 5%.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:44 AM

106 posts, read 68,497 times
p.s.- If a website wants your email address and/or your phone number then it's not free, is it?

Old 07-14-2017, 01:59 PM

93 posts, read 95,856 times
I looked myself up. It listed only two emails addresses for me - neither of which I ever use. Both of which I'd forgotten I even had. Some of the "relatives" were relatives of my spouse's son's ex-wife, so it's a mixed bag.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:30 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
it doesn't have my phone number listed or any emails that i have used. They only had my addresses, only three of which were correct. One of the addresses were off. They listed a house down the street from me as an address that I have used or is using, unless I have a house that I secretly didn't know I have! I better tell the people who are living in my house to get the hell out.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:13 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
It has all of my old phone numbers and old emails that I've used...but I have a very uncommon last name so I am probably pretty easy to find.

Some of the relatives it listed are correct but there were about 8 on the list whom I have no idea who they are.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:01 PM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
No good. I have an apostrophe in my surname which seems to freeze the system. If I omit the apostrophe then it tells me I don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search