Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:06 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times

Advertisements

I just shot off a letter - anyone remember what letters are? - to an address that I have where Mora, the mother of the boys, Robert and Kirby, lived in 2009. She was then 85 so it's to be hoped that she (who would now be 93) is still with us. Time will tell, however. I got this info from a 2009 online Sheffield, England newspaper article which tells of Mora having married a U.S. service man during the war and returning with him to the U.S. (Texas) where she later gave birth to three children ...Robert, Kirby and Shandy.

Honour for Land Army girl Mora - The Star

To those who have already been of help ...many thanks. Obviously, I'll keep you posted of any new developments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 08:46 AM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I'll keep you posted of any new developments.
Rod:
Here is the wedding announcement for Kirby and Lisa Cates. As you can see the background of the name has been highlighted in yellow.

Peter Wernli might know a clue that helps you. He traveled all the way from Switzerland for the marriage if his friend's daughter. Her parents may still be living.

Three new people to contact and you only need 1 small clue from one person and you do not know which person has that clue. It may be easier to find people who know-knew Kirby than to find Kirby himself.
Peter Wernli
J.D. Starwalt
Charles Cates
As well as Lisa's parents.

Also is the name of the Church.
Who knows? Someone who is a member of that church today may know someone in the Kirby family.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Robert Franklin or/and Kirby Charles Brooks-untitledwq.jpg  

Old 09-19-2017, 06:45 PM

Find A Grave shows that one of the uncles of Miss Cates may have passed away in 2013 and his wife in 2015. Numerous names left.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:21 AM

You know, Howard, it would seem that Autumn Cates IS likely the daughter of Kirby Brooks based on the information that you've uncovered. Why would she know of the name Cates if she had no connection? Then again, why is she Autumn Cates and not Autumn Brooks? I still can't help wondering WHY she would have made a brief appearance out of the blue announcing this on the other (Tyler, Texas) thread only to disappear just as suddenly as she appeared. If she IS indeed the daughter of Kirby she could bring this search to a grinding halt simply by responding to my calls.

Incidentally, it will soon be two weeks since I mailed that letter off to Robert's and Kirby's mother, Mora. I assume that, by now, she (if still living) will certainly have received it if she also still resides at the same address as of 5 years ago. However, at 93, she may be unable to respond, let alone email me or log in to this forum as per the information I supplied in the letter. I will certainly be back to report anything new related to this thread.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:48 PM

Another wedding notice and Robert and Shandy named as well as a sister of the bride and other names of people who should be alive and well. I do find a divorce record from 1975, the birth of another child to Kirby dated 1988 (daughter) and divorce again in 1992 in Colorado and the obituary for Kirby's grandmother.
Nothing current but these documents do have many new names.

I hope this is of value to you and maybe others can take anything they see and run with it to get you closer to recent years.

Well maybe recent should be changed to NOW.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Robert Franklin or/and Kirby Charles Brooks-untitledfc.jpg  

Last edited by howard555; 09-20-2017 at 03:04 PM..

Old 09-23-2017, 08:54 AM

No one found Kirby yet?

I'm on a trail but a old trail.
This gives the maiden name of what may be Kirby's second wife which can explain why the Cates family may not be communicating. L. Cates asked for a divorce in 1975.

1988: birth of a daughter to Kirby Charles Brooks and Cecilia Arnhold-Brooks in Abiquiu, NM.

Kirby divorced again in 1992 in Colorado. Maybe the "Cecelia Arnhold" relatives can be found.

Kirby. C. Brooks was living in Ojo Caliente (near Abiquiu), Espanola in 1991. Age at the time was age 39.
Subtract 39 years from 1991 and you get 1952 which matches with graduation and marriage in 1970 at age 18.

The above should be accurate.
I have not looked for "Arnhold" on Facebook but the spelling of that name may be interesting.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Found an email address associated with Robert F Brooks. Worth a shot.

rbrooks1948@gmail.com
Hi ElizNJ

I shot off an email a couple of weeks ago to the above address you gave. I received a short response just this morning letting me know that the owner of the address IS, indeed, the Robert Brooks that I've been searching for! As said, the response was short, just three words, "Yes, it's me", but I have responded with another email in the hope that Robert wishes to continue corresponding.

Many thanks!

Old 10-02-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
ElizNJ[/b];49244496]Found an email address associated with Robert F Brooks. Worth a shot.

rbrooks1948@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Hi ElizNJ

I shot off an email a couple of weeks ago to the above address you gave. I received a short response just this morning letting me know that the owner of the address IS, indeed, the Robert Brooks that I've been searching for! As said, the response was short, just three words, "Yes, it's me", but I have responded with another email in the hope that Robert wishes to continue corresponding.

Many thanks!
Good!
There are far worse three word phrases than "yes it is." Give room to their own comfort level and contact with Kirby may follow.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

Good!
There are far worse three word phrases than "yes it is."
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Give room to their own comfort level and contact with Kirby may follow.
Words of wisdom, Howard. Thanks. For Robert, he had no idea that I've been searching for him. I'm a voice from the distant past that has just dropped in from out of nowhere and he may well have not known how else to respond. In my first email I gave him a link to this site. So, wherever he is, if he has Internet connection he could just as well show up here with a mere click of the mouse . . .

Old 10-30-2018, 12:06 AM

Hi Everyone

Just a few minutes ago I sent off an email (the third) to Robert Brooks who I haven't heard from since his 'yes it is' response to my first email 12 months ago where I asked 'Is this you?' I gave the link to this site in today's email so I'm hopeful that Robert will come here and know my sincere intentions for wanting to reconnect with he and his younger brother, Kirby. I have no idea whatever why he would not want to reconnect with me. We were the best of buddies, albeit for a short time.

Meanwhile, thanks to those on this thread that have given of their time to help me locate these folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search