Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 569 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am looking for any biological family members. I was adopted through Children's Home Society in Los Angeles, CA on July 23, 1968. The name on my original birth certificate was Michelle M. Smith and my Mothers maiden name was Fuller. From the birth certificate it looks like they may have been married and I don't know their ages but I think maybe around 20?

I have a great family but would love to know more about where I came from. Maybe I have brothers or sisters? Who do I look like? I don't know why but I just feel it is the right time to look for my biological parents and any other family. This will probably not result in anything but I have a great friend who posted on here looking for siblings and when one of her family did a search on Google her thread popped up and now she has connected with them!

God bless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 11:25 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_723 View Post
Hello! I am looking for any biological family members. I was adopted through Children's Home Society in Los Angeles, CA on July 23, 1968. The name on my original birth certificate was Michelle M. Smith and my Mothers maiden name was Fuller. From the birth certificate it looks like they may have been married and I don't know their ages but I think maybe around 20?

I have a great family but would love to know more about where I came from. Maybe I have brothers or sisters? Who do I look like? I don't know why but I just feel it is the right time to look for my biological parents and any other family. This will probably not result in anything but I have a great friend who posted on here looking for siblings and when one of her family did a search on Google her thread popped up and now she has connected with them!

God bless!
Have you already looked contacted the Children's Home Society? They have a program where adult adoptees can request information. Here's the link: https://www.chs-ca.org/post-adoption-program

And it wouldn't hurt to register with the California Adoption Registry as well.

https://adoptiondatabase.quickbase.c...mqv?a=q&qid=71

I assume you've already tried searching all the regular databases for a Michelle M. Smith in California and elsewhere?

Best wishes for a successful search!

Old 08-26-2017, 05:20 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Those are pretty common last names, Fuller and especially Smith. Do you know from the birth certificate where exactly your biological parents lived at the time of your birth? Los Angeles is a big area, would help to narrow down to a community.

I hope you find some family through your search - how exciting this must be!

Old 08-26-2017, 05:26 PM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_723 View Post

God bless!
What are the full names of the birth parents on the original birth certificate?

Old 08-26-2017, 08:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
What are the full names of the birth parents on the original birth certificate?

She doesn't have the full names. Only that her mother's maiden name was FULLER and the father's last name was SMITH. Someone who has access to microfiches from the era was able to find her original birth record (I don't believe it had the parents' full names listed on it). It was amended to show the adoptive parents info.
I have been looking into it too for her and have been able to narrow down the possibilities but it's still a lot of guessing and stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search