U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-19-2019, 07:14 AM
 
10,836 posts, read 14,856,598 times
Reputation: 5095

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
In 1956 she was 13. Year she was born was 1943.
A nanny for a 13 year old is nothing unusual but the ad above does make the time frame that she was named after the villa to be expanded back another year. We are now up to about 5 years. 1956 to 1960.
Interesting how the villa came to be named after a young teen whose biological parents at the time were Mr. and Mrs. Walter Hecker and surely they gave their approval.
We know Esperanza was in Windham after (and maybe before) the trip to Cuba.
-------
Just how young was she when Mildred first became her nanny "at" the villa or not at the villa.
The longer she was the nanny the greater time frame there is to locate people who knew the pair.

Last edited by howard555; 01-19-2019 at 07:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2019, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Florida
196 posts, read 109,593 times
Reputation: 326
Default Marriage of Joseph l. Beausoleil and Mildred Galvin

A while back I was communicating with the Secretary at St. Anne's Church In Waterbury. He did the research in church records and found entries that stated that Joseph and Mildred were first married by a Justice of the peace in Brewster, N.Y. on February 14, 1947 and then a few months later were married at St. Anne's Church.

Although we have found no Divorce records for them. The marriage license for my Dad and his second wife Mary indicates that both parties were previously Divorced. Whether they had to provide proof of that when applying is unknown. They were then married by a Justice of the Peace in Naugatuck, CT in 1952. No mention of Mildred on the documents. Catholic doctrine would not allow divorced individuals to marry in the Church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 02:55 AM
 
Location: NJ
10,707 posts, read 21,360,913 times
Reputation: 8919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
A while back I was communicating with the Secretary at St. Anne's Church In Waterbury. He did the research in church records and found entries that stated that Joseph and Mildred were first married by a Justice of the peace in Brewster, N.Y. on February 14, 1947 and then a few months later were married at St. Anne's Church.

Although we have found no Divorce records for them. The marriage license for my Dad and his second wife Mary indicates that both parties were previously Divorced. Whether they had to provide proof of that when applying is unknown. They were then married by a Justice of the Peace in Naugatuck, CT in 1952. No mention of Mildred on the documents. Catholic doctrine would not allow divorced individuals to marry in the Church.
Good questions, I'd think they didn't have to provide the actual divorce record because I don't think I had to show mine either even though I'm sure I had them with me.

I'm not sure who would hold divorce records, counties or states. I've never tried to get mine. I had to divorce in the county and state where I was married for my 1st. That I remember but my 2nd we divorced where we lived at the time, a few hours south of where we married. I have the records for all 3 of my marriages, my 2 ex's don't have anything. My hub also has his marriage record from his 1st wife. Makes me wonder what happened to the paperwork when your dad passed away.

I have also never seen a divorce record come up in doing ancestry. We have hubs mother and one of her grand mothers who lied saying her maiden was what we find is her 1st marriage name. We found record of marriage but not divorce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 08:03 AM
 
Location: NJ
10,707 posts, read 21,360,913 times
Reputation: 8919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
A while back I was communicating with the Secretary at St. Anne's Church In Waterbury. He did the research in church records and found entries that stated that Joseph and Mildred were first married by a Justice of the peace in Brewster, N.Y. on February 14, 1947 and then a few months later were married at St. Anne's Church.

Although we have found no Divorce records for them. The marriage license for my Dad and his second wife Mary indicates that both parties were previously Divorced. Whether they had to provide proof of that when applying is unknown. They were then married by a Justice of the Peace in Naugatuck, CT in 1952. No mention of Mildred on the documents. Catholic doctrine would not allow divorced individuals to marry in the Church.
By the way, thanks for posting. I thought I remembered you actually finding records but wasn't sure. I have a stomach virus going thru my house so didn't have time to sift thru your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Good questions, I'd think they didn't have to provide the actual divorce record because I don't think I had to show mine either even though I'm sure I had them with me.


I have also never seen a divorce record come up in doing ancestry. We have hubs mother and one of her grand mothers who lied saying her maiden was what we find is her 1st marriage name. We found record of marriage but not divorce.
That should say hubs mothers parents who I've spoken about before.

I should have said great, great grandmother who lied about her maiden name being French with a very specific spelling. She actually had the maiden name of Meyer. There's only one couple that comes up with that French name and it matches her and what should have been her 1st husband. They had a baby that died, I guess that ended the marriage. Anyway, her parents name on this Meyer marriage record also match what we've been told. There are 2 of us working this mystery, he's working Ancestry, I work family search. I actually found the right Philip French name's army paperwork which helped my partner find more records. We're sure it's the right person, now I wait to connect via a Meyer relative's DNA and I will

You really should od 23 and me. From what I read this years Christmas sales exceeded anything they've done in the past. Also uploads to my heritage and FTDNA have flown thru the roof with adoptees looking, plus many more that do what I do with missing and unidentified people have uploaded to GEdmatch to help find John and Jane Doe's names with a company called DNA Doe Project. Lots has happened in the DNA world since I originally gave you the info. Chances of finding a 1/2 sibling are very good now.

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-20-2019 at 08:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Florida
196 posts, read 109,593 times
Reputation: 326
Default Cliff Notes Part One

“Searching for Birth Mother Mildred “Millie” May Galvin born 1928 in Waterbury Ct.

1. Mildred May Galvin born 1928 in Waterbury, CT
2. William J. Galvin (DOB 1892) was her Father.
3. Jennie Ney (DOB 1895) was her Mother.
4. Mildred’s siblings were Edward, Donald, Jane Marie, Catherine
5. Family is listed in the 1930 Federal Census at 67 Eastwood Ave. Waterbury, CT.
6. Family was split up in the early 1930’s.
7. Possibility that Jennie Ney Galvin was committed to Central Islip State Hospital.
8. Mildred May Galvin marries Joseph L. Beausoleil in Brewster, NY on Feb. 14, 1947 (civil)
9. Mildred May Galvin marries Joseph L. Beausoleil again March 29, 1947 at St. Anne’s Church
10. Couple then resides at 147 Prospect St. Waterbury, CT. (Ref: 1948 City Directory)
11. Mildred gives birth to Leon Philip Beausoleil in July of 1948.
12. At some point between 1948 and approx. 1950 the couple splits up.
13. Mildred Galvin leaves Connecticut, apparently headed to New York.
14. Leon Philip never sees his Mother again, and has no memory of her.
15. Joseph L. Beausoleil marries Mary (Marasco) O’Conner in 1952 in Naugatuck, CT.
16. Leon is raised by his Father and step mother until adulthood.
17. Leon’s Father never spoke to him or answered any questions about Mildred.
18. Leon’s Father passes in 2006, taking with him anything he knew.
19. Accelerated searching begins with home computers and the web.
20. Began searching and contacting children of Mildred’s siblings (my 1st cousins)
21. Mildred’s siblings passed in the following years Catherine 2009, Donald 1982, Edward 2001.
22. Research on Ancestry coughs up travel documents listing Mildred Galvin returning from Cuba
In November of 1959. Further research found two traveling companions, as all listed Windham, NY
As their destination. A Mother and Daughter, Esperanza and Nanette Hecker. I made contact with
Nanette she was able to fill in some background on Mildred. She says she has no idea where
Mildred is, but indicated that her mother had told her Mildred was killed in an auto accident.
That theory has yet to be proven.
23. Mildred’s nieces and nephews either never knew they had an Aunt Mildred or knew that they did
But have no idea where she might be. Although one of the cousins indicated that she had heard
That Mildred had run off to New York shortly after her split with her husband. Time frame should
Be early 1950’s.
24. Mildred’s connection to the Heckers was as a Nanny to Nanette.

End of Part one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 02:24 PM
 
10,836 posts, read 14,856,598 times
Reputation: 5095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
24. Mildred’s connection to the Heckers was as a Nanny to Nanette.
A time frame for Nanette's Villa and the parties involved (Nanette, Mildred, a Mrs. Hope Towers, Esperanza, etc.) might be useful in some way. From the three advertisements dated summers of 1956, 1957, and 1958 and forward to 1960 that puts Nanette in Windham for 5+ years.
How many total years of her life was she in Windham. Possibly back to high school or before and she was born in that area?
In what year did she and her mother meet Mildred. What explanations are there on how and why Mildred met the Heckers. As early as 1956 it was called Nanette's Villa and surely her parents gave permission for her name to be used.
No time frame on Esperanza except she was in Windham in 1959 for the round trip plane trip. Is that her only time spent in Windham as far as you know. Would Nanette be able to give you more detail on her biological parents. There are numerous people who knew of Mildred in the Windham area over a period from 19?? to late summer 1959.
And maybe even after 1959.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Florida
196 posts, read 109,593 times
Reputation: 326
Default Lack of Connecticut Marriage License

Since Mildred and Joseph were married 1st in Brewster, NY and later in Connecticut and I was never able to get a Connecticut Marriage license I believe this excerpt from the marriage laws of CT explains why.


Sec. 46b-28a. Recognition of marriages and other relationships entered into in another state or jurisdiction. A marriage, or a relationship that provides substantially the same rights, benefits and responsibilities as a marriage, between two persons entered into in another state or jurisdiction and recognized as valid by such other state or jurisdiction shall be recognized as a valid marriage in this state, provided such marriage or relationship is not expressly prohibited by statute in this state. For purposes of this section, “another jurisdiction” includes, but is not limited to, the Mashantucket Pequot reservation and the Mohegan reservation. The requirements set forth in section 46b-24 shall not apply to a person entering into a marriage on either of said reservations.




I believe the wait time in NY is 24 hours. That would be 24 hours from the time the license is issued. Most likely they drove to Brewster, NY on February 13, 1947 and either stayed over or drove back to Waterbury and returned to Brewster on February 14, 1947 since the driving distance is only 37 miles. Sorry, just rehashing older topics to keep busy while hoping for a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Florida
196 posts, read 109,593 times
Reputation: 326
Default Paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Good questions, I'd think they didn't have to provide the actual divorce record because I don't think I had to show mine either even though I'm sure I had them with me.

I'm not sure who would hold divorce records, counties or states. I've never tried to get mine. I had to divorce in the county and state where I was married for my 1st. That I remember but my 2nd we divorced where we lived at the time, a few hours south of where we married. I have the records for all 3 of my marriages, my 2 ex's don't have anything. My hub also has his marriage record from his 1st wife. Makes me wonder what happened to the paperwork when your dad passed away.

I have also never seen a divorce record come up in doing ancestry. We have hubs mother and one of her grand mothers who lied saying her maiden was what we find is her 1st marriage name. We found record of marriage but not divorce.



One of my half-brothers was the Executor of my Dad's estate and he is sort of a recluse when it comes to speaking to the rest of the family. I finally gave up on trying to get him to return my calls. If he kept my Dad's papers and old photos there could be a real treasure trove of info. That is the reason I've tried to contact him and will most likely try again. Maybe a letter would yield better results. Wish me luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 07:06 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
19,841 posts, read 18,861,423 times
Reputation: 33748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
One of my half-brothers was the Executor of my Dad's estate and he is sort of a recluse when it comes to speaking to the rest of the family. I finally gave up on trying to get him to return my calls. If he kept my Dad's papers and old photos there could be a real treasure trove of info. That is the reason I've tried to contact him and will most likely try again. Maybe a letter would yield better results. Wish me luck.
Wishing you the very best of luck in getting a helpful reply from this half brother. A letter might work--hope it does. Maybe even include a meaningful photograph or two if you think that would soften his heart a bit.

One thing I keep wondering about besides the lack of divorce papers, is the New York connection. Brewster NY is a tiny place--why were they there? Was it just so that they could be married on Valentine's Day and the waiting period in CT was too long? Or did they have friend or relatives there. Later on, Mildred ran off to New York. Ended up in Windham, New York. If the mental institution part is true, why in New York? That's all. Again, I wish you excellent luck if you contact your half brother.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2019, 10:25 PM
 
4,748 posts, read 4,030,009 times
Reputation: 9942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Since Mildred and Joseph were married 1st in Brewster, NY and later in Connecticut and I was never able to get a Connecticut Marriage license I believe this excerpt from the marriage laws of CT explains why.


Sec. 46b-28a. Recognition of marriages and other relationships entered into in another state or jurisdiction. A marriage, or a relationship that provides substantially the same rights, benefits and responsibilities as a marriage, between two persons entered into in another state or jurisdiction and recognized as valid by such other state or jurisdiction shall be recognized as a valid marriage in this state, provided such marriage or relationship is not expressly prohibited by statute in this state. For purposes of this section, “another jurisdiction” includes, but is not limited to, the Mashantucket Pequot reservation and the Mohegan reservation. The requirements set forth in section 46b-24 shall not apply to a person entering into a marriage on either of said reservations.




I believe the wait time in NY is 24 hours. That would be 24 hours from the time the license is issued. Most likely they drove to Brewster, NY on February 13, 1947 and either stayed over or drove back to Waterbury and returned to Brewster on February 14, 1947 since the driving distance is only 37 miles. Sorry, just rehashing older topics to keep busy while hoping for a break.

On the marriage index it indicated the marriage was performed in Southeast (close to Brewster).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top