U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 10:45 PM

7,352 posts, read 4,453,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Quick explanation of my User Name. It's a song title by a group named Spirit from the 1970's I believe. Good Night All.
Yes, I remember it. Looked up the lyrics to remind myself and they seem appropriate for your search!

Oh, I'm rolling flowing through the whole population
(Mr. Skin you know where you've been)
Oh, The high and the low born are my friends and relations
(Mr. Skin you know where you've been)

Regardless of whether or not you find the full answers, Mr Skin, you already know where YOU have been. In the end, that's really all any of us truly know.

Have a good week. I know others are working on/thinking on your search as we speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 12:44 PM

10,836 posts, read 14,856,598 times
Quote:
The last year that I am aware of is 1948 when I was born. I was living with one of my Aunts on my Dad's side beginning in 1950 when my Dad reentered the Navy for the Korean Conflict. That tells me she was out of our lives sometime before that. Without getting into to many personal details, I have heard she may have moved to New York State . Waterbury could not find a marriage License.

As far as marriage records for Mildred for any time period, I have not found any. Possible marriage date for my Dad (Joseph L. Beausoleil) and Mildred as relayed to me by relatives as Feb. 4, 1947. No idea where or if this actually occurred.
To followup on my previous comment and data on page three I have acquired new information about the person for whom "a" Mildred M. Galvin served as will executor for a Mrs. Mildred M. Connelly.

The only Mildred M. Galvin I can find in the state of Ct. in 1968-1969 has the middle initial of A. This one has already been mentioned and eliminated. From Ancestry.

I find it interesting that Mildred M. Galvin was the will executor for Mildred M. Connelly.
I've located the death dates for Mr. and Mrs. Connelly.
John A. Connelly
26 Clark St.
New Haven, Ct.
Died 1966 at the age of 50 = born 1916. Old enough to be the spouse of Mildred M. Galvin?
Of course being only 12 years older.

When he died his name left the city directory. What names were left in the directory?
Mildred M. Connelly (retired)(26 Clark St) and John A. Connelly Jr. (26-R Clark St.). Maybe R means rear dwelling.

So with a real legal document (see page 3) that ties "a" Mildred M. Galvin to this Connelly family, then what is the relationship between the two surnames?
Mrs. Galvin would have to likely be a friend or family member and / or live in the same general area (town, county) to be asked or to volunteer to be the will executor.

If by my previous bizarre circumstance that Mrs. Connelly was John's mother, and John married Mildred Galvin. And John died in 1966, leaving behind his mother (Mildred M) and John A. Jr. If this one in a million scenario, then Mildred M. (Galvin) Connelly may have been the bio mother of John A. Jr. and on the document that she signed as executor for her mother in law, she signed with her maiden name since her husband John A. had died in 1966.

All of the above is after 1959 and before January 1970. Plenty of time for travel to Cuba, return to New York and Windham, N.Y. is not far at all from New Haven and even Waterbury.
Plenty of years for all of that travel, locating in N.Y. then relocating again in the early-mid-late 1960's.
Persons of interest appear to be:
The two persons last name Hecker. Rosie and the Op are on their trail.
John A. Connelly, Jr. who father was born in 1916.
Mildred M. Connelly who died in 1968. If she was a similar age as John A. Sr. then the above million to one scenario is just that and void. If she happened to be born 15+ years before John then she could be his mother and Mildred M. Galvin was his spouse and the father of John Jr.

Someone needs to go to Ancestry (census) and locate this Connelly family since that family makes a trail straight to a Mildred M. Galvin who became the will executor for the elder Mrs. Connelly.
John born 1916 so Census 1920, 1930, 1940.

Rosie can you hear the sound? Send me a message and I'll tell you what is creating the sound. (inside joke)

Old 11-01-2017, 01:54 PM

196 posts, read 109,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
To followup on my previous comment and data on page three I have acquired new information about the person for whom "a" Mildred M. Galvin served as will executor for a Mrs. Mildred M. Connelly.

The only Mildred M. Galvin I can find in the state of Ct. in 1968-1969 has the middle initial of A. This one has already been mentioned and eliminated. From Ancestry.

I find it interesting that Mildred M. Galvin was the will executor for Mildred M. Connelly.
I've located the death dates for Mr. and Mrs. Connelly.
John A. Connelly
26 Clark St.
New Haven, Ct.
Died 1966 at the age of 50 = born 1916. Old enough to be the spouse of Mildred M. Galvin?
Of course being only 12 years older.

When he died his name left the city directory. What names were left in the directory?
Mildred M. Connelly (retired)(26 Clark St) and John A. Connelly Jr. (26-R Clark St.). Maybe R means rear dwelling.

So with a real legal document (see page 3) that ties "a" Mildred M. Galvin to this Connelly family, then what is the relationship between the two surnames?
Mrs. Galvin would have to likely be a friend or family member and / or live in the same general area (town, county) to be asked or to volunteer to be the will executor.

If by my previous bizarre circumstance that Mrs. Connelly was John's mother, and John married Mildred Galvin. And John died in 1966, leaving behind his mother (Mildred M) and John A. Jr. If this one in a million scenario, then Mildred M. (Galvin) Connelly may have been the bio mother of John A. Jr. and on the document that she signed as executor for her mother in law, she signed with her maiden name since her husband John A. had died in 1966.

All of the above is after 1959 and before January 1970. Plenty of time for travel to Cuba, return to New York and Windham, N.Y. is not far at all from New Haven and even Waterbury.
Plenty of years for all of that travel, locating in N.Y. then relocating again in the early-mid-late 1960's.
Persons of interest appear to be:
The two persons last name Hecker. Rosie and the Op are on their trail.
John A. Connelly, Jr. who father was born in 1916.
Mildred M. Connelly who died in 1968. If she was a similar age as John A. Sr. then the above million to one scenario is just that and void. If she happened to be born 15+ years before John then she could be his mother and Mildred M. Galvin was his spouse and the father of John Jr.

Someone needs to go to Ancestry (census) and locate this Connelly family since that family makes a trail straight to a Mildred M. Galvin who became the will executor for the elder Mrs. Connelly.
John born 1916 so Census 1920, 1930, 1940.

Rosie can you hear the sound? Send me a message and I'll tell you what is creating the sound. (inside joke)
Just wanted to let you know that I have sent a letter to Nannette Hecker in Bayville, NJ, and I am hoping to hear from her. She may have been one of the two ladies traveling with Mildred back to New York from Havana in 1959. Your explanation above reminded me of the song " I'm my own Grandpa". Have you ever heard it?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that I have sent a letter to Nannette Hecker in Bayville, NJ, and I am hoping to hear from her. She may have been one of the two ladies traveling with Mildred back to New York from Havana in 1959. Your explanation above reminded me of the song " I'm my own Grandpa". Have you ever heard it?
I had to laugh at this as I think that Howard may very well be (or at least turning into) his own Grandpa. And, yes, Howard, I was hearing "that sound" before I even got to your last line in that post.

I haven't had much time over the last two days due to my dog having surgery, but I'll try to tackle the Connelly's over the weekend. I also have a couple of other ideas for things I want to research.

In particular, as I mentioned before, I am interested in why a single American woman would spend time in Cuba immediately after Castro took over. I've done some preliminary searching on this, but want to give what I've uncovered so far some more thought and research. I'm a bit like Howard in not easily letting go of things. Perhaps I am turning into my own Grandma.

Mr Skin, feel free to contact either Howard or me (or both) through private message should you feel there is anything else we should know that you don't want to share publicly or even if you just want to chat about how the things you've found so far seem to add up.

Grandpa and Grandma will be happy to help you out.

Last edited by RosieSD; 11-01-2017 at 09:04 PM..

Old 11-01-2017, 09:08 PM

Well, that was easy. Here's John A. and Mildred M. on the 1940 Census. Her age (22) in 1940 probably rules her out as Mr. Skin's birth Mom though. That would put her birth year at 1918, not 1928. Sorry, Howard.

1940 United States Federal Census

Name: John A Connelly
Estimated birth year: abt 1916
Race: White
Birthplace: Connecticut
Marital Status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Home in 1940: New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut
Map of Home in 1940: View Map
Street: Concord Street
House Number: 20

House Owned or Rented: Rented

Income: 960
Income Other Sources: No

Household Members:
Name Age
John A Connelly 24
Mildred M Connelly 22

Old 11-01-2017, 09:13 PM

And here's John and Margaret his mother on the 1920 census, just to show that it is the same family.

Name: John A Connelly
[John A Connally]
Birth Year: abt 1916
Birthplace: Connecticut
Home in 1920: New Haven Ward 11, New Haven, Connecticut
Street: Richard Street
Residence Date: 1920
Race: White
Relation to Head of House: Son

Father's name: William J Connelly
Father's Birthplace: Connecticut
Mother's name: Margaret Connelly
Mother's Birthplace: Connecticut

Household Members:
Name Age
William J Connelly 31
Margaret Connelly 32
William E Connelly 6
Veronica Connelly 5
John A Connelly 4
Edwin Connelly 0

Old 11-01-2017, 11:03 PM

4,748 posts, read 4,030,009 times
Mildred's father was William Edward Galvin, son of Joseph E & Annie B Galvin--grocers & meat market owners.
Both Annie B & Joseph's parents were born on Ireland. (Their children in 1910 census: Wm E, Mildred's C, Edward, Milton J)

Naugatuck Daily Jan 14, 1960, page 5
Civil suit removed from docket of Superior Court: Mildred Galvin, Naugatuck (CT) appeal from probate the estate of Annie B Galvin. (I speculate this is Annie's daughter, not your Mildred, but her aunt Mildred.)

1960 Obit--William E Galvin
30 April 1960, Bridgeport, CT
Survived by:
son-Wm E Galvin, Jr
daug- Mrs Robert Brophy of Wolcott, CT
daug- Mrs Frank Feroleto (this is Eleanor)
daug- Mrs David Russell, Jr (this is Margaret --Marge)
bro- Edward Galvin
sis- Mildred Galvin
&Eight grandchildren

2006 Obit--Marge Russell (Galvin) Aug 1, 1932- July 39, 2006 Fairfield, CT
bro- William Galvin of Monroe, CT
sis- Maryann Newcomb, Grafton, Vermont
sis- Eleanor Feroleto, Fairfield, CT

Children of William E & Jennie (Ney) Galvin
from 1930 census:
1Edward
2Donald
3Marie
4Catherine
5Mildred

Then, 6Margaret May (Marge) b1932...see below

Naugatuck Daily, p11, June 14, 1957
Engagement announcement for Margaret May Galvin, daughter of William Edward Galvin of Bridgeport and late Mrs Galvin....to marry David Wm Russell, Jr....she granddaughter of Annie B Galvin of Meadow Street and late Joseph E. Galvin. To be married June 29 St Augustine's Cathedral, Bridgeport...
[this is Mary Galvin age 6 living in 1940 census with Annie B age 62, and Mildred 35.]

Extra info:
Edward Galvin born 1919 on WWII draft info gave nearest relative Katherine Morgan as his grandmother. I found her listed as Kathryn Morgan born Ireland age 72, widow in 1940 Waterbury census.

Questions:
How many children were there?

Is Maryann Newcomb the Marie born abt 1924?

Is Eleanor another daughter
or is she Catherine or Marie or even Mildred from 1930 census?

Which daughter is Mrs Robert Brophy of Wolcott in 1960?--it's not Eleanor nor Marge

Last edited by historyfan; 11-01-2017 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: correcting autocorrect

Old 11-02-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I am interested in why a single American woman would spend time in Cuba immediately after Castro took over. I've done some preliminary searching on this, but want to give what I've uncovered so far some more thought and research.
Mr Skin, feel free to contact either Howard or me (or both) through private message should you feel there is anything else we should know that you don't want to share publicly or even if you just want to chat about how the things you've found so far seem to add up.
Yes the Op can contact anyone on the forum for assistance. Plenty of people with sources and remote ideas.

I see a Mildred May Galvin (born 1920 died 2002) born in West Va. and died in Maryland, married name Sechrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
John A Connelly 24
Mildred M Connelly 22
So Mildred M. Connelly was not John's mother.

However there is still this lingering factual document from 1969.
Why did this Mildred end up as their personal representative and what is her middle name?
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for Birth Mother Mildred "Millie" May Galvin born 1928 in Waterbury CT-untitledikmjl.jpg  

Last edited by howard555; 11-02-2017 at 08:16 AM..

Old 11-02-2017, 08:18 AM

196 posts, read 109,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Mildred's father was William Edward Galvin, son of Joseph E & Annie B Galvin--grocers & meat market owners.
Both Annie B & Joseph's parents were born on Ireland. (Their children in 1910 census: Wm E, Mildred's C, Edward, Milton J)

Naugatuck Daily Jan 14, 1960, page 5
Civil suit removed from docket of Superior Court: Mildred Galvin, Naugatuck (CT) appeal from probate the estate of Annie B Galvin. (I speculate this is Annie's daughter, not your Mildred, but her aunt Mildred.)

1960 Obit--William E Galvin
30 April 1960, Bridgeport, CT
Survived by:
son-Wm E Galvin, Jr
daug- Mrs Robert Brophy of Wolcott, CT
daug- Mrs Frank Feroleto (this is Eleanor)
daug- Mrs David Russell, Jr (this is Margaret --Marge)
bro- Edward Galvin
sis- Mildred Galvin
&Eight grandchildren

2006 Obit--Marge Russell (Galvin) Aug 1, 1932- July 39, 2006 Fairfield, CT
bro- William Galvin of Monroe, CT
sis- Maryann Newcomb, Grafton, Vermont
sis- Eleanor Feroleto, Fairfield, CT

Children of William E & Jennie (Ney) Galvin
from 1930 census:
1Edward
2Donald
3Marie
4Catherine
5Mildred

Then, 6Margaret May (Marge) b1932...see below

Naugatuck Daily, p11, June 14, 1957
Engagement announcement for Margaret May Galvin, daughter of William Edward Galvin of Bridgeport and late Mrs Galvin....to marry David Wm Russell, Jr....she granddaughter of Annie B Galvin of Meadow Street and late Joseph E. Galvin. To be married June 29 St Augustine's Cathedral, Bridgeport...
[this is Mary Galvin age 6 living in 1940 census with Annie B age 62, and Mildred 35.]

Extra info:
Edward Galvin born 1919 on WWII draft info gave nearest relative Katherine Morgan as his grandmother. I found her listed as Kathryn Morgan born Ireland age 72, widow in 1940 Waterbury census.

Questions:
How many children were there?

Is Maryann Newcomb the Marie born abt 1924?

Is Eleanor another daughter
or is she Catherine or Marie or even Mildred from 1930 census?

Which daughter is Mrs Robert Brophy of Wolcott in 1960?--it's not Eleanor nor Marge
The Galvin family from the 1930 census had five children, 2 boys and 3 girls. Appears as if parents split up, children all placed in homes in early 1930's.
The Marie listed is actually named Jane Marie.
I do not believe that Eleanor or Mrs Brophy are connected in any way. Catherine Quinn/Beaudoin who passed away in 2009 was Mildred's sister. I have been in touch with all of her children with the last name Quinn. They were the cousins who supplied me with Mildred's photos.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
The Galvin family from the 1930 census had five children, 2 boys and 3 girls. Appears as if parents split up, children all placed in homes in early 1930's.
The Marie listed is actually named Jane Marie.
I do not believe that Eleanor or Mrs Brophy are connected in any way. Catherine Quinn/Beaudoin who passed away in 2009 was Mildred's sister. I have been in touch with all of her children with the last name Quinn. They were the cousins who supplied me with Mildred's photos.
If you would like you could both a photo of the BC or a list of every name and signature and locations and name of hospital, etc. for your birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or