U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2019, 05:18 PM
 
Location: NJ
10,787 posts, read 21,411,171 times
Reputation: 9061

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
What's noticed that no one of the family members knew about their sister's death nor heard about car accident. Let's rule out the father and brothers. The sisters didn't know/heard about their sister. I mean even when the family members for some reason were not in contact to each other, no one knows about the other; when something big like death, accidents happens they would know, I suppose one person of the family at least would have an idea or even would hear of it.

Why that lady would receive/know such news and not the family members.
The family (Mildred and her siblings) were split up at some point. We believe it's because Mildred's mother was put into an institution if the census record is actually her.

What makes the most sense to me is that after Mildred left Mr skin and his father she fell into a depression because; after all she lost not only her marriage but her child. She was probably very embarrassed for one.

Why did Nanette's mother get the phone call? Mildred probably had her number in her pocket book.

It would be nice to know the circumstances of Mildred's accident and if someone went to her apartment or they found contacts in her pocket book. Back then we had address books; she could have had one in her bag or her apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2019, 09:16 PM
 
829 posts, read 447,889 times
Reputation: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The family (Mildred and her siblings) were split up at some point. We believe it's because Mildred's mother was put into an institution if the census record is actually her.

What makes the most sense to me is that after Mildred left Mr skin and his father she fell into a depression because; after all she lost not only her marriage but her child. She was probably very embarrassed for one.

Why did Nanette's mother get the phone call? Mildred probably had her number in her pocket book.

It would be nice to know the circumstances of Mildred's accident and if someone went to her apartment or they found contacts in her pocket book. Back then we had address books; she could have had one in her bag or her apartment.
-This was when they were children. But as grown. There most likely would be a connection even if it didn't continue for too long. But at least, she knew her sisters, how they looked like as adults. Mildred had sent her photo's with her child to her sister Catherine (if I'm not mistaken of the name). The photo reached to OP through their children. This improves the theory that at some point as grown, there was a connection between Mildred and her sisters or let's say, at least, one of her sisters. If so, she would have known her sisters phone numbers or even one of them.
In addition, I tend to believe that Mildred's sisters had attended her wedding since it was in their hometown. Nothing would avoid them from going there.

-If it's common for people to carry pocket book or address book at that time, that will increase the possibility that Mildred would have had phone numbers of her relatives as well, at least some of them (even one person) not only Esperanza's NO. Especially that her family from CT and almost all of them were living there. Plus, she had left a child that she would need to check on him and to know his news from someone there.

If she felt depressed (I mean it in a colloquial usage not medically), that would be normal/expected and emphasized too. She mentioned her son several times to Nanette or her mother. I didn't get your point here.

* There are 2 theories I'm thinking about:

1- As I mentioned before, Mildred might get a new job through Esperanza. This family might suggest her to work at some place that belongs to them or had a connection to them such as relatives, friends...etc. Like this, any thing could happen, the first person that they would think to inform is Esperanza. If they got Esperanza's number from a pocket book, then why not to think to call one of Mildred's relatives. As I said, I suppose at least there would be relatives' numbers in her address book.

2- I already stated this before and it was replied on me; Mildred might work in a place like a company, for instance, then in the job form, she inserted the phone No of Esperanza as " The first person to call in the emergency situation" but this usually means that Esperanza would live in the same town/state that Mildred worked in or even very close to it. In this thread, it's stated that Mildred and Esperanza separated after coming back from Cuba and no more needed nanny, every one went to another path. So, that would make me think of the the first theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2019, 07:28 AM
 
Location: NJ
10,787 posts, read 21,411,171 times
Reputation: 9061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
-This was when they were children. But as grown. There most likely would be a connection even if it didn't continue for too long. But at least, she knew her sisters, how they looked like as adults. Mildred had sent her photo's with her child to her sister Catherine (if I'm not mistaken of the name). The photo reached to OP through their children. This improves the theory that at some point as grown, there was a connection between Mildred and her sisters or let's say, at least, one of her sisters. If so, she would have known her sisters phone numbers or even one of them.
In addition, I tend to believe that Mildred's sisters had attended her wedding since it was in their hometown. Nothing would avoid them from going there.

-If it's common for people to carry pocket book or address book at that time, that will increase the possibility that Mildred would have had phone numbers of her relatives as well, at least some of them (even one person) not only Esperanza's NO. Especially that her family from CT and almost all of them were living there. Plus, she had left a child that she would need to check on him and to know his news from someone there.
We know Mildred connected with at least one sister because the sisters kids gave Mr Skin photos of his mom; one of Mildred at age 16 in 1944 and another Mildred holding Mr Skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
If she felt depressed (I mean it in a colloquial usage not medically), that would be normal/expected and emphasized too. She mentioned her son several times to Nanette or her mother. I didn't get your point here.
I mean that she could have been embarrassed with her family, not speaking to them again because of it. That's about the only reason I could see them not using an address book to call family. Perhaps she didn't have family in the address book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
* There are 2 theories I'm thinking about:

1- As I mentioned before, Mildred might get a new job through Esperanza. This family might suggest her to work at some place that belongs to them or had a connection to them such as relatives, friends...etc. Like this, any thing could happen, the first person that they would think to inform is Esperanza. If they got Esperanza's number from a pocket book, then why not to think to call one of Mildred's relatives. As I said, I suppose at least there would be relatives' numbers in her address book.

2- I already stated this before and it was replied on me; Mildred might work in a place like a company, for instance, then in the job form, she inserted the phone No of Esperanza as " The first person to call in the emergency situation" but this usually means that Esperanza would live in the same town/state that Mildred worked in or even very close to it. In this thread, it's stated that Mildred and Esperanza separated after coming back from Cuba and no more needed nanny, every one went to another path. So, that would make me think of the the first theory.
It could have been an in case of emergency contact Esperanza. I have a few old address books from the 90's, I have an older one somewhere. In the front it says personal information; name, address, phone, business address with phone. It also says in case of emergency notify, relationship, address, phone. Medical alert and additional data.

We're all just guessing at this point because we don't know. It would be nice to know the last time Mildred did see her family. I assume it's before she left Mr. Skin and his father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2019, 03:00 PM
 
10,829 posts, read 14,893,640 times
Reputation: 5095
If there was reason (accident) to contact friends or relatives such accidents require a coroner's report. It's one way (usually the main way) the state gets notified of a death. The Op should contact the coroner's office in all the boroughs in the entire area. With date of birth, full name, the caller being the biological child could get timely results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2019, 08:56 PM
 
829 posts, read 447,889 times
Reputation: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We know Mildred connected with at least one sister because the sisters kids gave Mr Skin photos of his mom; one of Mildred at age 16 in 1944 and another Mildred holding Mr Skin.



I mean that she could have been embarrassed with her family, not speaking to them again because of it. That's about the only reason I could see them not using an address book to call family. Perhaps she didn't have family in the address book.

I don't tend to believe that; her family would have known at the end. Plus, although it was speaking about a divorce and that what it seems but it wasn't really proved. I mean OP didn't find papers/records that refers to it.


It could have been an in case of emergency contact Esperanza. I have a few old address books from the 90's, I have an older one somewhere. In the front it says personal information; name, address, phone, business address with phone. It also says in case of emergency notify, relationship, address, phone. Medical alert and additional data.

We're all just guessing at this point because we don't know. It would be nice to know the last time Mildred did see her family. I assume it's before she left Mr. Skin and his father.

If there's a constant pattern for the address books like what you said, then I would really think that she had put Esperanza in the field of "emergency notify". But why would she put her?

-In general, usually when a person lives far away from his family, he most likely would look for someone close in distance to contact in the case of emergency situation. Because emergency situation includes many things, it could be someone got absent for several days of his job/school/university..etc. without notifying them, when they call him, they don't find him; here they would need to call someone who could have an idea or even to go to check on him. If Mildred put Esperanza as a person to contact for emergency situation, it would make me think of the Second theory that I stated in my previous post, which means that she and Esperanza were still living in the same place/state or even very close to it, especially that Esperanza had a villa which refers to a constant address not like Mildred who is her address was in changing (not constant).

-This thread has mentioned that Mildred and Esperanza with her daughter separated after coming back from Cuba, every one allegedly went to another place/state. The question is: is it practical to put someone who is living in another state for an emergency situation?
No, but it could happen; but in this story specifically, I don't tend to think of it since Esperanza wasn't friend with Mildred, they just seemed have a business. So I see that Mildred would think of another person to contact.

-But what happened in this story that Esperanza still got a phone call about Mildred. So, that's makes me think of the First theory I stated in my previous post.

-There is a possibility that Mildred moved to another state for work and the new job wasn't through that family, and even was completely not in contact with Esperanza or that family but she didn't do UPDATE for the information in her her address book which made others contacted Esperanza for emergency case. However, usually, a person who lives alone and very far from from his family is more careful about himself and such stuff to the one who lives with others who could be careless.

-That's why I tend to believe that Esperanza is still in the picture in all cases as long as she got a phone call about Mildred.

-Yes, all of them are just theories, but why to put theories? it's useful when you don't have the whole info about events in order to see where to start in the next stage.

See the post of howard555, it's a very good idea. Although I don't know about that, but from thinking in the term "accident" he could think of something different that might help OP in his searching journey.

__________________________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
19,922 posts, read 18,928,736 times
Reputation: 33877
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
If there was reason (accident) to contact friends or relatives such accidents require a coroner's report. It's one way (usually the main way) the state gets notified of a death. The Op should contact the coroner's office in all the boroughs in the entire area. With date of birth, full name, the caller being the biological child could get timely results.
I would like to see this happen if/when the OP gets the time. That might settle for once and for all if there was a death. There is no evidence of Mildred having any contact with her family after she ran off to NY. Maybe she was ashamed. Maybe afraid. She was dependent upon Esperanza for employment and when that employment ran out, what did she do? Die? Re-marry? I don't think she could have had any money to go very far with no job, no skills. Did she ever get a divorce? Also, if she died in an accident, there wouldn't have been a need for a divorce, if I've got the timing right about Mr Skin's father re-marrying. Did the second marriage certificate say that he was divorced or widowed? This has gone on for so long that some things are getting murky.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 06:15 AM
 
Location: NJ
10,787 posts, read 21,411,171 times
Reputation: 9061
Authentic Birds post...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We know Mildred connected with at least one sister because the sisters kids gave Mr Skin photos of his mom; one of Mildred at age 16 in 1944 and another Mildred holding Mr Skin.



I mean that she could have been embarrassed with her family, not speaking to them again because of it. That's about the only reason I could see them not using an address book to call family. Perhaps she didn't have family in the address book. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
I don't tend to believe that; her family would have known at the end. Plus, although it was speaking about a divorce and that what it seems but it wasn't really proved. I mean OP didn't find papers/records that refers to it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It could have been an in case of emergency contact Esperanza. I have a few old address books from the 90's, I have an older one somewhere. In the front it says personal information; name, address, phone, business address with phone. It also says in case of emergency notify, relationship, address, phone. Medical alert and additional data.

We're all just guessing at this point because we don't know. It would be nice to know the last time Mildred did see her family. I assume it's before she left Mr. Skin and his father..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
If there's a constant pattern for the address books like what you said, then I would really think that she had put Esperanza in the field of "emergency notify". But why would she put her?

-In general, usually when a person lives far away from his family, he most likely would look for someone close in distance to contact in the case of emergency situation. Because emergency situation includes many things, it could be someone got absent for several days of his job/school/university..etc. without notifying them, when they call him, they don't find him; here they would need to call someone who could have an idea or even to go to check on him. If Mildred put Esperanza as a person to contact for emergency situation, it would make me think of the Second theory that I stated in my previous post, which means that she and Esperanza were still living in the same place/state or even very close to it, especially that Esperanza had a villa which refers to a constant address not like Mildred who is her address was in changing (not constant).

-This thread has mentioned that Mildred and Esperanza with her daughter separated after coming back from Cuba, every one allegedly went to another place/state. The question is: is it practical to put someone who is living in another state for an emergency situation?
No, but it could happen; but in this story specifically, I don't tend to think of it since Esperanza wasn't friend with Mildred, they just seemed have a business. So I see that Mildred would think of another person to contact.

-But what happened in this story that Esperanza still got a phone call about Mildred. So, that's makes me think of the First theory I stated in my previous post.

-There is a possibility that Mildred moved to another state for work and the new job wasn't through that family, and even was completely not in contact with Esperanza or that family but she didn't do UPDATE for the information in her her address book which made others contacted Esperanza for emergency case. However, usually, a person who lives alone and very far from from his family is more careful about himself and such stuff to the one who lives with others who could be careless.

-That's why I tend to believe that Esperanza is still in the picture in all cases as long as she got a phone call about Mildred.

-Yes, all of them are just theories, but why to put theories? it's useful when you don't have the whole info about events in order to see where to start in the next stage.

See the post of howard555, it's a very good idea. Although I don't know about that, but from thinking in the term "accident" he could think of something different that might help OP in his searching journey.
_____________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I would like to see this happen if/when the OP gets the time. That might settle for once and for all if there was a death. There is no evidence of Mildred having any contact with her family after she ran off to NY. Maybe she was ashamed. Maybe afraid. She was dependent upon Esperanza for employment and when that employment ran out, what did she do? Die? Re-marry? I don't think she could have had any money to go very far with no job, no skills. Did she ever get a divorce? Also, if she died in an accident, there wouldn't have been a need for a divorce, if I've got the timing right about Mr Skin's father re-marrying. Did the second marriage certificate say that he was divorced or widowed? This has gone on for so long that some things are getting murky.
I searched Mr Skin's post history

1/19/2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
A while back I was communicating with the Secretary at St. Anne's Church In Waterbury. He did the research in church records and found entries that stated that Joseph and Mildred were first married by a Justice of the peace in Brewster, N.Y. on February 14, 1947 and then a few months later were married at St. Anne's Church.

Although we have found no Divorce records for them. The marriage license for my Dad and his second wife Mary indicates that both parties were previously Divorced. Whether they had to provide proof of that when applying is unknown. They were then married by a Justice of the Peace in Naugatuck, CT in 1952. No mention of Mildred on the documents. Catholic doctrine would not allow divorced individuals to marry in the Church.
12-23-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
This evening I filled out the necessary paperwork to request my father's service records for WWII and the Korean Conflict. I feel this is a long shot as far as the search for Mildred May Galvin (my Mom) goes, but would be nice to have them anyway. The request will go out in Tuesday's mail.

Request to State of Connecticut Vital Statistics for Marriage License Application for my Dad and his second wife has gone out already. Probably 6 to 8 weeks before i can expect any results.

Cousin count on Ancestry.com is climbing from initial number of 843 to 869 cousins of 4th Degree or closer, that's 26 more than when my DNA results came back. Vast majority of results lean to my Dad's side of family tree. I am guessing if a half-brother or half-sister pops up on there it will be from my Mom's side. I already have two half-brothers from my Dad's second marriage.

Happy Holidays to all the forum members helping me with my quest and also all the members following the saga as it unfolds and hopefully reveals the location of my birth Mother, Mildred May Galvin in the end...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 07:19 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 14,893,640 times
Reputation: 5095
If I remember correctly it was Esperanza and Nanette that had a rocky relationship with each other. Could that have caused Esperanza to falsely tell her daughter how Mildred died?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 10:20 AM
 
Location: too far from the sea
19,922 posts, read 18,928,736 times
Reputation: 33877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Authentic Birds post...










_____________________________




I searched Mr Skin's post history

1/19/2019


12-23-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
If I remember correctly it was Esperanza and Nanette that had a rocky relationship with each other. Could that have caused Esperanza to falsely tell her daughter how Mildred died?
Thanks, Roselvr. Re my question about whether they were divorced or not, looks like they really were. Even though no records were found, it would be doubtful that Mr Skin's father would have lied. If he had lied, he risked being found out as a bigamist if Mildred had ever returned.

Re what howard555 says about Esperanza and Nanette not getting along, yes that was one possibility. She could have told her that Mildred was dead just to get her to "shut up." It was mentioned before that Esperanza wasn't a very nice person. She never provided any details either and it would seem that the daughter would have wanted to know.

Mildred would probably have been very distraught by that time--lost her son, divorced, maybe estranged from her family, away from home, all alone, now without a job and probably missing Nanette, poor and trying to live in NY. That's a lot. I hate to think of the possibility of suicide or a mental hospital, but that's a lot for one young woman to bear.

Personally, I prefer the other option, that she re-married and we don't know her married name.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 02:21 PM
 
829 posts, read 447,889 times
Reputation: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
If I remember correctly it was Esperanza and Nanette that had a rocky relationship with each other. Could that have caused Esperanza to falsely tell her daughter how Mildred died?
I thought of this, but I didn't write it before. There is a possibility that Esperanza might tell her daughter falsely.
This usually happens when a girl makes a bond for the nanny to the extent that makes the nanny closer than her mother. Her mother then might bothered with it and in order to stop such a strong bond with the nanny, she might inform the nanny that her job is finished and no more needs her service, just leave. And in order to avoid her daughter of thinking of the nanny and asking for her coming back, she might told her simply that the nanny died in an accident.

This theory, we can rule it out; when?

-When the OP ask Nanette about it. If she thinks that there is a possibility that her mother could lie at her for the reason above, then we could buy this theory. I mean we could think of this theory as just a "possibility"; if she doesn't think so and she said there's nothing like that, then, according to me, I would rule it out.
Because, Nanette is the one who concerned here, she was one of the parties, and alive and was there at that time and knows her mother well and aware of whole the situation and circumstance at that time. Therefore, we can consider and depend on her point of view.

-On the other hand, even if the mother thought to lie to her daughter for the above reason; 16 Y old girl not like 6 year old child; she wouldn't easily buy such claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top