Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 11:05 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Mildred's name shows up at Wilby High school, but I believe that happened when I began searching for her and entered her name as an alumni by accident.
I found her listed there too (Wilby - 1946) without searching a name.
1946 would be the year she graduated if she was born in 1928.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Just one little extra tidbit. I found Louis Moore's WWI draft registration card. He registered in September 1918. His full name is listed as Louis A. Moore. His wife is Jennie Moore. His birthdate is given as March 20 1876. Their address at that time was 74 Pleasant St. Waterbury.
I got a look at the obituaries for Louis A. Moore and Jennie F. Moore. Neither lists any children and both died middle 1940's. It mentions Louis prior employment and the churches where the funerals were held. I do not see any obvious clues in these.

Maybe some one else will? The Op can let me know about posting them.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:05 PM

197 posts, read 195,786 times
I would like to give my special “Thank You” to the following people for their help and kindness in the People Search Forum while trying to locate my Birth Mother Mildred May Galvin. These individuals in no particular order are:
Howard555, RosieSD, Roselvr, historyfan, ElizNJ, in_newengland and others too numerous to list.
The search for my Mother began many years ago. When I came to the forum I had quite a bit of info but still had not found my Mother. Between my research and input from the above mentioned individuals I now have found the identity of 11 first cousins on my Mother’s side. I also have found and spoken to the last person to have seen my Mother.
I have grown weary of searching and do not wish to spend my remaining years looking for someone who may not want to be found or who may have already passed on. My feeling is that if it was meant to be, we would have located her by now.
I really appreciate everyone’s time and efforts, some of which enabled me to locate more of the cousins. Sadly none of them knew my Mother or of her whereabouts.
I am officially ending my search as of today 5/27/2018.
My Thanks to All.
Mr Skin

Old 05-28-2018, 10:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
I would like to give my special “Thank You†to the following people for their help and kindness in the People Search Forum while trying to locate my Birth Mother Mildred May Galvin. These individuals in no particular order are:
Howard555, RosieSD, Roselvr, historyfan, ElizNJ, in_newengland and others too numerous to list.
The search for my Mother began many years ago. When I came to the forum I had quite a bit of info but still had not found my Mother. Between my research and input from the above mentioned individuals I now have found the identity of 11 first cousins on my Mother’s side. I also have found and spoken to the last person to have seen my Mother.
I have grown weary of searching and do not wish to spend my remaining years looking for someone who may not want to be found or who may have already passed on. My feeling is that if it was meant to be, we would have located her by now.
I really appreciate everyone’s time and efforts, some of which enabled me to locate more of the cousins. Sadly none of them knew my Mother or of her whereabouts.
I am officially ending my search as of today 5/27/2018.
My Thanks to All.
Mr Skin
You're very welcome. How did you make out with your DNA? Did you ever get it uploaded to the other sites?

Sorry to hear you've come to the end of your search. I feel finding her is right around the corner. Did you ever get to the social security office? If not, please try to add that to your list before calling it a night. They may have information that isn't online that could help.

I hope you leave the thread open for commenting in case a cousin or someone else that has info happens to find the thread via google. It's easy for them to join to comment instead of trying to join and figure out how to get a message to you or someone else commenting

Old 05-28-2018, 12:22 PM

Roselvr is correct. Someone whose parent (or) knew your mother may some day see your question. Even your grandmother was hard to find and she is not on the CT state death index and so it is assumed she died elsewhere but I found no clues on where she may have gone. I did not see her on the SSDI as we know she died before, I think it was, 1965.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:14 AM

859 posts, read 704,987 times
I want to add some notes but I've just read the first thread and the last comment. Therefor, don't be bothered if I wrote something you've already done it.

1- Don't be frustrated. Some times you look for some things while these things are looking for you in the same time.

2- You can stop searching if you got tired, but put some ties that leads to you. So, I agree with this point:

Quote:
I hope you leave the thread open for commenting in case a cousin or someone else that has info happens to find the thread via google. It's easy for them to join to comment instead of trying to join and figure out how to get a message to you or someone else commenting
3- I suggest you to change the title of your thread in order to include your mother's name, like to write: Searching for Birth Mother(....Write her Full NAME....) born in Connecticut (age .... by now). If you don't know that exact age, write the approximate age, around 90s in your case.

4- Don't assume that she may not want to be found, It sounds excluded, only if you know some thing strong could make her wants that. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense. Plus with age 89, you don't know she may has health issues or so on that avoids her of looking for you.

5- The last person who had seen and spoken to your mom could give you a lot about her and her life which could help to find her. Only if this person knows her well or from her close relatives. Not someone whose met coincidently for the first time.

6- I don't know if you've ever though of searching in the "elderly care". If not, begin firstly from her birth place and the cities you know that she raised or lived in or had moved to. So, begin with:

- "Elderly care" in her birth place.
- The place she raised or lived in.
- The Place she had married your dad.
- Places you know she had moved to before or after that.
- Other cities in the country.

7- You've mentioned finding 22 first cousin from your mom's side and they don't have info about her. But, see if they might have old memories, photos, papers that transfered to them from their ancestral.

8- If your mom is NOT in the "death index", then there is a "Hope" to find her alive. Because if someone died, it's illegal to be buried without getting a "death certificate" from hospital. And you didn't mention her being missing like " kidnapped" or so on to assume the worse. So, just keep having a "Hope".

Good luck

Old 08-15-2018, 11:14 PM

197 posts, read 195,786 times
Default Thread to remain open

Thanks for your interest in the thread. I'm going to leave it open. And Thanks for the ideas, appreciate it.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You're very welcome. How did you make out with your DNA? Did you ever get it uploaded to the other sites?

Sorry to hear you've come to the end of your search. I feel finding her is right around the corner. Did you ever get to the social security office? If not, please try to add that to your list before calling it a night. They may have information that isn't online that could help.

My Heritage added a bunch of cool DNA tools, all for free accounts too. There is ethnicity (which isn't free on FTDNA) a chromosome browser which lets you see where you match people you select. It also gives surnames and family tree and sorts your matches by country! I hope you're able to find time to upload there, you won't be disappointed. I have matches there that I don't have at Ancestry or Family Tree DNA (FTDNA). The matches come from all over the world too. It's so cool and has to be my favorite site.

FTDNA does free family matching but if you want ethnicity you have to pay $19. I'll tell you, save your money. It's no where near as good as My Heritage.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
I want to add some notes but I've just read the first thread and the last comment. Therefor, don't be bothered if I wrote something you've already done it.

1- Don't be frustrated. Some times you look for some things while these things are looking for you in the same time.

2- You can stop searching if you got tired, but put some ties that leads to you. So, I agree with this point:

3- I suggest you to change the title of your thread in order to include your mother's name, like to write: Searching for Birth Mother(....Write her Full NAME....) born in Connecticut (age .... by now). If you don't know that exact age, write the approximate age, around 90s in your case.

4- Don't assume that she may not want to be found, It sounds excluded, only if you know some thing strong could make her wants that. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense. Plus with age 89, you don't know she may has health issues or so on that avoids her of looking for you.

5- The last person who had seen and spoken to your mom could give you a lot about her and her life which could help to find her. Only if this person knows her well or from her close relatives. Not someone whose met coincidently for the first time.

6- I don't know if you've ever though of searching in the "elderly care". If not, begin firstly from her birth place and the cities you know that she raised or lived in or had moved to. So, begin with:

- "Elderly care" in her birth place.
- The place she raised or lived in.
- The Place she had married your dad.
- Places you know she had moved to before or after that.
- Other cities in the country.

7- You've mentioned finding 22 first cousin from your mom's side and they don't have info about her. But, see if they might have old memories, photos, papers that transfered to them from their ancestral.

8- If your mom is NOT in the "death index", then there is a "Hope" to find her alive. Because if someone died, it's illegal to be buried without getting a "death certificate" from hospital. And you didn't mention her being missing like " kidnapped" or so on to assume the worse. So, just keep having a "Hope".

Good luck
I asked for a title change to "Searching for Birth Mother Mildred "Millie" May Galvin born 1928 in Waterbury CT"

Old 08-16-2018, 07:47 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
I changed the title, hope it helps!

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search