Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 10:44 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times

Advertisements

Part of the mystery of Mildred might be related to her mother Jennie. I have wondered if Mildred & her sisters lived with Jennie's side of family after 1930. I can not find them.

Jennie Esther was born Ney, her father John Ney (sometimes indexed Nye), her mother was Mary Fisher & her aunt was Jennie Fisher Moore (wife of Louis A Moore). Jennie Ney Galvin's grandmother Ann Fisher lived in Waterbury.

Name: Jane Ney Galvin
[Jane Esther Ney]
Race: White
Birth Date: 14 Apr 1895
Birth Place: Meriden N H, Connecticut
Father: John Ney
Mother: Mary Fisher
SSN: 042245214
Notes: Feb 1947: Name listed as JANE NEY GALVIN

Name: Jennie Ney
Age in 1910: 14
Birth Year: abt 1896
Birthplace: Connecticut
Home in 1910: Waterbury Ward 1, New Haven, Connecticut
Street: Wall St
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Marital status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Connecticut
Mother's Birthplace: Connecticut
Native Tongue: English
Attended School: Yes
Able to Read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors:
Household Members:
Name Age
Louis Moore
Jennie Moore
Jennie Ney 14

Name: Mary H. Fisher
Birth Date: abt 1867
Marriage Date: 19 Jul 1888
Marriage Place: Groton, New London, Connecticut, USA
Spouse: John F. Nye
Film Number: 001306249

Mary Fisher
Birth Date: Abt 1866
Home in 1880: Groton, New London, Connecticut, USA
Dwelling Number: 256
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's name: Daniel Fisher
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's name: Ann Fisher
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
Neighbors:
Household Members:
Name Age
Daniel Fisher 45
Ann Fisher 43
John Fisher 16
Mary Fisher 14
Daniel Fisher 8
Jennie Fisher 3
Catheren Fisher 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 02:27 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,648,603 times
I still think getting Jennie's death records could be remotely useful.
She could have visitors where she was, etc.
If the Op decides to leave that door closed we'll never know.

As far as the Villa the more evidence on it being there as an operating business before 1956 expands the time frame when it existed and with that name. The wider the time frame the more 100's and 100's of people who visited there get included in the wider time frame than 1956-1960.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:55 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
One of my half-brothers was the Executor of my Dad's estate and he is sort of a recluse when it comes to speaking to the rest of the family. I finally gave up on trying to get him to return my calls. If he kept my Dad's papers and old photos there could be a real treasure trove of info. That is the reason I've tried to contact him and will most likely try again. Maybe a letter would yield better results. Wish me luck.
Good luck! Surprised you haven;t spoken to him yet. Possible he's never even looked at all the paperwork. Ask what pics there are of your parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Part of the mystery of Mildred might be related to her mother Jennie. I have wondered if Mildred & her sisters lived with Jennie's side of family after 1930. I can not find them.

Jennie Esther was born Ney, her father John Ney (sometimes indexed Nye), her mother was Mary Fisher & her aunt was Jennie Fisher Moore (wife of Louis A Moore). Jennie Ney Galvin's grandmother Ann Fisher lived in Waterbury.

Name: Jane Ney Galvin
[Jane Esther Ney]
Birth Date: 14 Apr 1895
Birth Place: Meriden N H, Connecticut
Father: John Ney
Mother: Mary Fisher
SSN: 042245214
Notes: Feb 1947: Name listed as JANE NEY GALVIN

Name: Jennie Ney
Age in 1910: 14
Birth Year: abt 1896
Home in 1910: Waterbury Ward 1, New Haven, Connecticut
Street: Wall St
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Father's Birthplace: Connecticut
Mother's Birthplace: Connecticut
Native Tongue: English
Able to Read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors:
Household Members:
Name Age
Louis Moore
Jennie Moore
Jennie Ney 14

Name: Mary H. Fisher
Birth Date: abt 1867
Marriage Date: 19 Jul 1888
Marriage Place: Groton, New London, Connecticut, USA
Spouse: John F. Nye
Film Number: 001306249

Mary Fisher
Birth Date: Abt 1866
Home in 1880: Groton, New London, Connecticut, USA
Dwelling Number: 256
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's name: Daniel Fisher
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's name: Ann Fisher
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
Neighbors:
Household Members:
Name Age
Daniel Fisher 45
Ann Fisher 43
John Fisher 16
Mary Fisher 14
Daniel Fisher 8
Jennie Fisher 3
Catheren Fisher 1
Thought I made a tree for them at family search but see someone else did. William J Galvin. Will look it over to see who's missing.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Good luck! Surprised you haven;t spoken to him yet. Possible he's never even looked at all the paperwork. Ask what pics there are of your parents.

Thought I made a tree for them at family search but see someone else did. William J Galvin. Will look it over to see who's missing.
I added Mildred to the tree as deceased because we think she may be according to Nanette. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky with an odd ball record coming.

I worked on Edward Galvin's side, connected his daughter Bobbie to her parents on find a grave and requested maiden name, place of birth and nick name.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I added Mildred to the tree as deceased because we think she may be according to Nanette. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky with an odd ball record coming.

I worked on Edward Galvin's side, connected his daughter Bobbie to her parents on find a grave and requested maiden name, place of birth and nick name.
Made a memorial for son Donald. I'll be shocked if he's not buried with his father and brother in the same cemetery, since they were very close. Someone requested a photo of Williams headstone so I asked that person if he'd include asking them to check for Don and will post back when I find out. He can delete his request and make a new one. I've done it before, it's not hard

Old 01-22-2019, 12:23 PM

197 posts, read 195,868 times
Edward F. Galvin, his wife Jacqueline L. (Rancourt) Galvin and one of their 3 daughters are buried in West Meadow Cemetery in Newington, Ct, Hartford County. The daughter's name was Roberta Ann "Bobbie" (Galvin) Treichel 1951-2004. This is a different cemetery than the one where his Father is buried. I don't have the info on Donald senior's burial but I am sure that I can call one of my cousins (his children and get it.)

Old 01-22-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Edward F. Galvin, his wife Jacqueline L. (Rancourt) Galvin and one of their 3 daughters are buried in West Meadow Cemetery in Newington, Ct, Hartford County. The daughter's name was Roberta Ann "Bobbie" (Galvin) Treichel 1951-2004. This is a different cemetery than the one where his Father is buried. I don't have the info on Donald senior's burial but I am sure that I can call one of my cousins (his children and get it.)
Ed is linked to his wife and daughter as of today. I found the daughter today, they were quick to make edits

West Meadow Cemetery 67% photographed

William J Galvin Northwood Cemetery 87% photographed

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-22-2019 at 01:54 PM..

Old 01-22-2019, 02:27 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
If photographs are needed of anything local to me (Central CT) I'd be glad to do it once the ice and snow melt away. That may not be until April. I used to take pictures for Find A Grave.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:08 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Maybe a letter would yield better results. Wish me luck.
A letter lets him open it in his own comfort level, time to absorb the content and reply to you as they are comfortable. There is restricted deliver that cost about $5-$6 that requires a signature by the addressee only. They can not ask a friend or relative to go pick it up at the post office if the addressee is not home at the time of delivery.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:57 PM

197 posts, read 195,868 times
Default Dad's Papers? and random wandering thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
A letter lets him open it in his own comfort level, time to absorb the content and reply to you as they are comfortable. There is restricted deliver that cost about $5-$6 that requires a signature by the addressee only. They can not ask a friend or relative to go pick it up at the post office if the addressee is not home at the time of delivery.

I am starting that letter as soon as I finish here. Should have tried a letter a long time ago. Also waiting for an email response from my cousin William's wife Anna as to Donald Clayton Galvin's (Sr) final resting place and with any luck a list of attendees to the wake and or Funeral (1982) this is a real longshot. Will post when I hear back. Also called my cousin James (Donald's son) left a message and waiting to hear back. We have spoken in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search