Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 02:32 AM

1 posts, read 414 times

Advertisements

Given up for adoption...my last name was shivick..in Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 06:22 AM

14,475 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsxy12 View Post
Roselvr will be along soon with numerous adoption links for you to pursue.
Hopefully Shivick is a not so common name.
Have you considered DNA testing?
The year you were adopted, the street address, city, state?
Name of the agency? Names of others in that neighborhood.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:01 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Thanks Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsxy12 View Post
Have you ordered records from PA?

PENNSYLVANIA - ACCESS WITH RESTRICTIONS

Per https://adopteerightslaw.com/pennsylvania-obc/

Pennsylvania law denies adult adoptees unrestricted access to their original birth certificates.The state allows birthparents to request redaction of their names from the original birth certificate.

A new Pennsylvania law, effective November 3, 2017, allows adoptees who are at least 18 years of age—and who must be high school graduates, possess a GED, or are withdrawn legally from school— to request their original birth record. Birth parents may redact identifying information on the OBC by filing a “name redaction request.” Redaction requests may be filed or withdrawn at any time and do not extend beyond a filing parent’s death.
Forms and information related to the new law are available on the Pennsylvania Department of Health website.

Have you done DNA? I have a tutorial on how to take your DNA from ancestry or 23 and me then upload your to My Heritage and GEDmatch for free ethnicity and family matches and FTDNA for free family matching. I suggest Ancestry because they're the easiest to connect DNA to a tree which is in my tutorial. Family tree and DNA general instructions

Have you registered on adoption reunion? That's where I found my brother. I have a tutorial for that too. My brother couldn't be found using the state, just his DOB and male because he didn't fill out the form correctly which cost us a few years.

Info from a blog I wrote. Please post back to let us know what you've tried and what you haven't.

The most important site to register on is Adoption Reunion Registry. Make sure you do not lose your log in info & be sure to keep your info current.

Do a search on Adoption reunion registry. Try your search different ways; 1st would be gender; DOB; birth place. Do not select *searching for
If there are no matches; start by removal of gender; then removal of birth place

Adoption Reunion also has a message board. The main board is Search & Reunion. There are various ways to search there. By state; by Agency or Maternity Home; by year; also International Search & Reunion

ADOPTION REUNION WEB SITES-

ISSR - International Soundex Reunion Registry - is the oldest registry; started way back in the days before there was an Internet, so it has a lot of entries. Download the form; send via snail mail to register. ISRR allows any family member to register including aunts, uncles, cousins.. Other registries are pretty limiting to parents and siblings.

G'S Adoption Registry
Troys List
FARR - Florida Adoption Reunion Registry - Fees: one time fee of $35 unless proof of financial hardship (i.e. eligibility for unemployment, SSI, public assistance, etc.) In these cases fees may be waived. $10 fee to update information
adopting back web site
You can also try a Family Search. See sample search results for Event: Birth, Place: Miami Florida, Event Range: 1950-1950, Country:United States

Facebook related - There are many adoption related pages and groups on FB, here are a few to start you off

DNA Detectives if doing DNA.
FIND ME I AM ADOPTED

Adopting back our children / Adoptees Terminating Our Adoptions

Old 12-26-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Would be helpful to know what info the OP has; if it says birth mothers age and DOB or year of birth for OP. I'm finding Shivik's in PA at family search. Link OP can easily register and make a family tree with the results

Old 12-26-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Would be helpful to know what info the OP has; if it says birth mothers age and DOB or year of birth for OP. I'm finding Shivik's in PA at family search. Link OP can easily register and make a family tree with the results
I started 2 quick trees from census records I found

Stanley Shivick
Steve Shivick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search