Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 04:24 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times

Advertisements

There are many people search services online. They will check all available records when given a name. Asking if CD members have experience with any of them. What did you think of the one(s) you used? Was the information accurate as far as you could tell? Did the information seem to be complete? What about prices? Just curious what you found and if you recommend that people use the services when they want look for or to check out someone--or even themselves. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 06:42 AM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Services may be cost required. There are numerous sites that are free.
Give a list of the ones you have seen and persons can add others.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:34 AM

It's been some time since I actually used one but I filled in all the pertinent info yesterday into Been Verified only to get to the end to find out that the report and one month membership was about $23. More than I actually wanted to pay. Is that the general price range for such services? I've never heard of any free ones that will do extensive internet searches of public records and sites for free.

Last edited by Seagrape Grove; 03-14-2019 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-14-2019, 12:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm surprised no one is participating in this thread - I was hoping to read the answers.

The only things I use are WhitePages Premium - I think 25ish dollars a month - and facebook.

And then of course you can just plain old google someone's name, and sometimes something comes up.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:37 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,953 times
I use Pipl.com

The price is right! (Free)

Old 03-14-2019, 06:13 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Depends what you are looking for. If you have their name and know the county they live you can search the civil court records for free to find potential info. You can also search the real property data in county to see if they own anything in their name. You can search the respective State's business filing for information on their company name if you have the company name. If you have name and employer you can search linkedin. Depending on how much they monitor / try to reduce their digital footprint you may find all manner of tidbits of information.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
I use Pipl.com

The price is right! (Free)
The price is right; but they had my info wrong.

Some of it was right - but they had my address as a HomeAway rental property where I spent a week a few years ago; the phone number was wrong.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm surprised no one is participating in this thread - I was hoping to read the answers.

The only things I use are WhitePages Premium - I think 25ish dollars a month - and facebook.

And then of course you can just plain old google someone's name, and sometimes something comes up.

I am surprised, too. Especially in a forum entitled "People Search".

Old 03-14-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The price is right; but they had my info wrong.

Some of it was right - but they had my address as a HomeAway rental property where I spent a week a few years ago; the phone number was wrong.

All I found for myself was my name, year of birth, Flickr account listing, Facebook profile listing, Google page with nothing on it, two previous cities of residence (but not the current one) and a Whitepages listing. My first, middle and last names were listed several time in random order and sometimes mispelled. The Whitepages listing had the correct address but an incorrect Google map. My phone number is unlisted so that wasn't on any of the pages.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Depends what you are looking for. If you have their name and know the county they live you can search the civil court records for free to find potential info. You can also search the real property data in county to see if they own anything in their name. You can search the respective State's business filing for information on their company name if you have the company name. If you have name and employer you can search linkedin. Depending on how much they monitor / try to reduce their digital footprint you may find all manner of tidbits of information.

I was thinking of searching all online records, coast to coast, that are available to the public. Sometimes you won't know where all a person has lived so it would be hard to pin down a local search. People search services do a search for you through their search engines and most people wanting to find a history on someone may not know where all to search. People may be wanting to find a long lost relative or friend or to get some background information about someone they have just met and want some history on them. As I was doing my search yesterday I had to click a box more than once that I would not use the information for employment hiring purposes. Don't know if that is a law or a policy of the company doing the search but I thought it noteworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search