U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2019, 07:19 PM
 
4,750 posts, read 4,032,774 times
Reputation: 9952

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
I looked up Earl Thomas Walker's family on the 1940 census in Burke County, NC.


Parents are Walter & Eunice.
If it's any help in identifying if this is the right family, they are listed as white on the census.
Walter is a carpenter.
Children in 1940 are:
Willliam
James
Carl

I read Walter's obit....son (Thomas) Earl was living in Burke Co & appears to have always lived there. That is on the other side of state from Wilmington NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2019, 07:36 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
19,845 posts, read 18,867,840 times
Reputation: 33750
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
I read Walter's obit....son (Thomas) Earl was living in Burke Co & appears to have always lived there. That is on the other side of state from Wilmington NC.
When did Walter die? It seems to eliminate this son as being the person in question. But maybe Earl Thomas will turn out to be the correct name.

Even into the 1990s, Mass had books called city directories in every public library. It was a bound book that listed every resident of the town. Maybe a phone call to a reference librarian at the MA state library would be in order. Scroll around to find phone numbers. They might have access to the actual town directories and could look him up.
https://www.mass.gov/orgs/state-libr...-massachusetts
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2019, 10:16 AM
 
Location: NJ
10,713 posts, read 21,365,535 times
Reputation: 8929
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We can do that too. I will change the title.

And here is another resource for Mass. There is a phone number. Every city used to have a city directory of all residents but I don't know if these still exist. They existed back in the 1980s and maybe someone could look the person up. https://www.mass.gov/orgs/executive-...on-and-finance
Thanks for doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2019, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,231 posts, read 11,612,357 times
Reputation: 3878
On the site mylife, I found a person by this name that passed away 12/1/88, he was 46. Also in Abington, Mass.
The time line is correct (age wise) but I can’t find an obituary or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2019, 08:18 PM
 
2,848 posts, read 4,312,735 times
Reputation: 2595
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
On the site mylife, I found a person by this name that passed away 12/1/88, he was 46. Also in Abington, Mass.
The time line is correct (age wise) but I canít find an obituary or anything.

There is no Thomas Walker or Earl Walker listed in the SSDI as passing away 12/1/88 in Massachusetts, or in the Massachusetts Death Index on 12/1/88.


OP - has your spouse considered DNA testing. That might find a connection to half siblings or cousins, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2019, 07:30 PM
 
4,750 posts, read 4,032,774 times
Reputation: 9952
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
On the site mylife, I found a person by this name that passed away 12/1/88, he was 46. Also in Abington, Mass.
The time line is correct (age wise) but I canít find an obituary or anything.
I am not sure about this person in my life.
The index for MA directories has Thomas E Walker as resident of Abington MA living on Bayberry Street. Birth date 12/11/1941.

Using that birthdate, Thomas E Walker of Quincy MA, electronic specialist,
12/11/1941-12/21/1988, (E for Edwin).
Was one of the victims of Lockerbie Scotland Pan Am flight 103.

I could not locate death 12/1/1988 in Abington.
I did see the "my life" entry with that death date & it had the 12/11/1941 birth date. I have no idea how accurate that my life site is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2019, 12:12 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 789,202 times
Reputation: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
I am not sure about this person in my life.
The index for MA directories has Thomas E Walker as resident of Abington MA living on Bayberry Street. Birth date 12/11/1941.

Using that birthdate, Thomas E Walker of Quincy MA, electronic specialist,
12/11/1941-12/21/1988, (E for Edwin).
Was one of the victims of Lockerbie Scotland Pan Am flight 103.

I could not locate death 12/1/1988 in Abington.
I did see the "my life" entry with that death date & it had the 12/11/1941 birth date. I have no idea how accurate that my life site is.
Thomas Walker from Quincy who died in the Lockerbie crash was a lifelong resident of Quincy not Abington, however I do believe his wife remarried and lives in Abington on said street. This isn't the OP's missing person. This is the problem with some of these people search websites, they list dead people. Unfortunately for OP the name is common and given the time period of birth Census data isn't going to help. I would suggest DNA and hope for a match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2019, 02:27 PM
 
Location: NJ
10,713 posts, read 21,365,535 times
Reputation: 8929
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Thomas Walker from Quincy who died in the Lockerbie crash was a lifelong resident of Quincy not Abington, however I do believe his wife remarried and lives in Abington on said street. This isn't the OP's missing person. This is the problem with some of these people search websites, they list dead people. Unfortunately for OP the name is common and given the time period of birth Census data isn't going to help. I would suggest DNA and hope for a match.
Agree. Ancestry is on sale for $59 for a few more days then upload to the free sites, My Heritage, FTDNA and GEDmatch genesis. Directions are in the link, scroll to now to the DNA Family tree and DNA general instructions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top