U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 08:56 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,836,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Thanks for the help.

I was able to locate this person and I'm pretty sure it's him, although there is no photograph of him on the internet which would confirm it 100%. However, I have contact info so I will start with that.
Send any letter by "restricted delivery" so that no one but him can sign for it. And a return receipt. Total may be $7-$8. The return receipt card will come back to you and you'd then have his signature if you might recognize that from some other source. If he might not want to hear from you for some reason he can reject the postal documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 10:34 AM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 6 days ago)

9,445 posts, read 3,628,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Send any letter by "restricted delivery" so that no one but him can sign for it. And a return receipt. Total may be $7-$8. The return receipt card will come back to you and you'd then have his signature if you might recognize that from some other source. If he might not want to hear from you for some reason he can reject the postal documents.
That's a good idea, although I would not recognize his signature.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:58 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,836,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
That's a good idea, although I would not recognize his signature.
Three results are possible. They sign for and accept it which means you have the right person and right address. If rejected and noted such by the postal carrier on the return receipt card, then you know you have the right person and address. If unable to be delivered then you know that name does not live there. On another search a few years ago we did get the signature card back and matched the signature with a real estate document and it was a match. Yes it may cost you $6-$8 but the results could inform you which of the three above was most likely accurate. Also if they accept delivery and you do not hear back quickly allow up to 3 months. That is how long it took the other person to which I was referring, to pick up the phone and make the call.
They have their own comfort level and you want them to accept it, read it in their own privacy and decide if and when to contact you. Their family members may not have been told about you. Allow time before thinking they won't contact you.

It sounds like Bill got you correct information and it's up to you to decide the method of contact and for you to consider all the possibilities on the other end.
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or