Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 08:31 AM

66 posts, read 196,834 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I am looking for my father's side of my family. I have never met them and would really like to meet them. My grandfathers name was Walter Moody. He married my grandmother Bertha but I know that he moved back here when he got sick. I would very much appreciate any information. I believe my great grandmothers name was Cora and she was Cherokee Indian.

Thank you all for your time and cooperation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 12:18 PM

838 posts, read 2,230,021 times
Could you please give us some more information to work with? First, you say he moved back here when he got sick. Where is here? We need to know where he lived prior to moving, when he moved and where he moved to. Also, how old is he? Hold old is Bertha Moody? What was Cora's last name? How old was she?

Old 04-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Well, I know he was in Arkansas but I am not sure what part. My grandfathers name was Walter E Moody. As for as how old he would be I am not sure. I know he passed away in 1973 of TB. My grandmother was still here in Michigan. My great grandmother Cora Moody, not sure of maiden name, I believe always live in Arkansas. My father's side of the family really do not talk about their family and trying to get information from my father is like pulling teeth.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:09 PM

838 posts, read 2,230,021 times
Okay, I am still confused. Your grandfather was Walter E. Moody and you know he passed away in 1973 of TB. Where did he die? Did he die in Arkansas or Michigan or someplace else? You say your grandmother was still there in Michigan, so are you in Michigan as well? Is your grandmother, Bertha, Walter's wife, still alive? If not, when and where did she die? What is your father's full name? How old is he? Where was he born?

Old 04-19-2008, 05:27 PM

My grandfather died in Arkansas. My grandmother Bertha died here in Michigan. Yes, I am still in Michigan soon to be relocation to Virginia. My fathers name is Walter Everette Moody. There are my 2 uncles Lloyd Moody and Larry Moody and my aunt Sherry Moody. Those are my fathers siblings. I have tried the Census bureau but can not find any record for my grandfather.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:28 PM

Oh My father was born here in Detroit he will be 55 this year.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,518 times
I can help you...Walter Everett was the son of John Henry Moody and Cora Mae Francis. He was born in Monette, Arkansas and is buried in Pine Hill Cemetery (Jonesboro, Arkansas). He had 11 siblings the last of which died in 1997. I am connected to you through his brother Wilbur William. Several of the boys moved to Michigan during the depression to seek work in the factories.
Cora was not actually indian, I am still searching the link. (My great-grandmother, Wilbur's wife, Mary always spoke of an indian connection.)
Hope this helps.
Jennifer Smith

Old 11-07-2010, 02:41 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,453,995 times
kasjen ~ Since this thread is old, try clicking on the original poster's name and you will find that you can email her through this forum. Some people leave their email addresses for city-data to forward and the OP here is one of them. She last posted on city-data in Sept. of last year. Good luck.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 AM

Thank you kasjen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search