U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,584 times

Advertisements

Hi .. I'm kinda new to this thing and I hope there's someone out there that can help. I'm trying to find the best site to use to do a people search in Samoa. Most of the sites I've come across require some kind of payment, which is no good for me.

If there's anyone out there that can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. There's only so much googling one person can do before they start getting brain fried and cross-eyed lol.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,160,206 times
Have you tried a country-specific search engine? Try this:
Country Specific Custom Google Search Engines

Old 05-05-2008, 12:26 PM

13 posts, read 32,341 times
Default finding people-several sites- goog&bad

Unfortunately I have found "Zabasearch" to be very out of date. Check the column where they list when the information was documented. The most recent date I have found is 2006.

Does anyone know of any free sites (really free) to help you find family members or missing loved ones?

There is a very good site- "The Seekers" that lets you post a message about who you are looking for- it includes adoptions, children, military, old friends and the like. In my case they provided me with a "Search Angel"- a woman who devoted her time free to helping people locate the missing. This is probably the best site I have found.

Also, if you google "fifteen new search engines to find people" there is an article giving you a list of new search engines and how to use them. I,ve been searching for my son since Jan 07 and was not aware until recently of these new sites. Most are free.

If you know of any good sites- Please share! Thank you!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 AM

9 posts, read 89,161 times
Register with adoptiondatabase.com . It's FREE [yay!]. Once registered, you can search their database of adoptees and birth families searching.
No match? Then post your vital info on their message board. Other members will just pitch in and start helping in your search. Need to look up info only available on a "paid" site? Not to worry; there will be several AD members with a subscription to the site.

It is also a valuable resource for finding new sites and new ways to search. More than anything, the moral support is invaluable.

There is also a no find/no fee search available. You pay $25 to register for it. If they make a find, then you pay $175 balance. [These ladies are really good at searching. In December alone, they had 42 announced finds. I don't think there is another registry or resource that comes anywhere near AD's numbers.]

Good luck in your search. Look me up on AD if you register. (LisaKay)

Old 05-11-2008, 01:43 AM

10,732 posts, read 31,781,541 times
I use Intelius People Search - Public Records, Background Checks & More, Find a Person or Business with our free online White Pages and Yellow Pages and I also use county records when I can find them.

If a person owns property, you can get information from the Tax assessor, if they have been involved in a court situation you can often find it in records of the County Clerk. Not all counties have this listed online but many do and for free.

If you want to send me a DM and give me more information, I would be happy to try and help you find who ever your looking for. OR if you post more information here there are several people who come to this area and are very good about finding people.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:54 AM

2 posts, read 4,584 times
Thanks heaps for your replies, I'll definately be giving some of these suggestions a try and if I come across anything new I'll post it. I just wish I had more information on the people I'm looking for, I think I'll be looking for a needle in a haystack but I'll give it a go. What have I got to lose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search