U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 04:15 PM

4 posts, read 17,108 times

Advertisements

hello all,
i am trying to trace my brother, who i believe may be living in oregon - possibly in the baker city area. i think he may have lived in the redmond area as well.
his name is malachy mccann, and he is around 66 yrs old. his wife's name is lorena.
he emigrated to oregon around 1969/70 from belfast in ireland, and i haven't seen him since.
if malachy himself reads this, or anyone thinks they may know him, can you please let me know.

many thanks,
patsy mccann
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2006, 04:24 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,074,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy View Post
hello all,
i am trying to trace my brother, who i believe may be living in oregon - possibly in the baker city area. i think he may have lived in the redmond area as well.
his name is malachy mccann, and he is around 66 yrs old. his wife's name is lorena.
he emigrated to oregon around 1969/70 from belfast in ireland, and i haven't seen him since.
if malachy himself reads this, or anyone thinks they may know him, can you please let me know.

many thanks,
patsy mccann
You might try this listing:
Malachy McCann
28112 Salo Road
Mulino, Oregon 97042 (zabasearch has it noted as of the year 2001 and has this Malachy McCann listed as having been born in Feb. 1940)
There is an Oregon phone number listed for a Malachy McCann, but zabasearch has this Malachy McCann as having been born in Aug. 1943. The number anyway listed is: (541) 826-3414.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:07 PM

sorry - i said in earlier post that malacy emigrated from belfast, ireland, to usa in 1969/70 - this should have read 1958/59

Old 12-23-2006, 05:41 PM

610 posts, read 2,980,725 times
Patsy, is your brother a type of scientist? Could he be a retired fire chief? These are just two of the people I saw when I entered your brother's name in my Yahoo browser.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:54 PM

when malachy went to oregon he was in the heating engineering or plumbing business

Old 12-23-2006, 06:24 PM

Thanks Patsy. I keep saying this to people - but enter your own name in your browser and see if anything turns up. Try all forms and variants of your name. At the age of 60+, even much younger, a lot of folks aren't hep to computers yet but he might be looking for you and if he is, it's just possible there's a message posted somewhere for you ... maybe even by your brother. Also, in your browser(s), enter - "McCann Family Forum" or "McCann Family" and see if anything turns up. Good Luck Patsy.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:52 PM

Patsy, try this link (paste in your url): www.mccannengineering.com .
This is run by an Andrew McCann in Portland.
It may be nothing but (I used to find people for a living) needs to be explored.
1. Malachy may have changed his name or just started using a more "americanized" name.
2. This could turn out to be his son or relative - especially if the name Andrew means something in your family.
3. You just never know what twists and turns fate takes.
Then, if this doesn't prove out to be anything, start searching "HVAC" contractors in Oregon and Washington. It's important to point out that US retirement age normally is 65. Might be retired by now and so, go into AARP and senior sites trying to find search sections.
Be creative - (with patience) - I once found a town in Mexico with one white man, the only english-speaking person in it and one phone in the whole town - called the number - turned out to be my guy - know what I mean?

Old 12-24-2006, 05:06 PM

thanks rocky for your info - not sure aout having a son andrew, but did have sons david and keith, and a daughter lisa. his wife is called lorena

Old 07-08-2007, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,203 times
Lisa lives in Bend, Oregon and probably knows where he is. He is no longer married to Lorena.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 AM

6 posts, read 17,968 times
hi dearforum canyoupleasehelpmeout formannyyears iamtryingtofind mydearfriend annc coffey anncook lastknownadress rt3 box83j granitefalls nc if anybodyknowsann pleaseletmeknow thanks inadvance willy email willy.styns@telenet.be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search