U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-31-2008, 05:24 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,758,392 times
Default Things to consider before you give out info

I am not a moderator. I don't normally use this thread but as I was browsing it occurred to me that sometimes abusers look for their victims in pretty creative ways. A long time ago, I worked as a counselor for victims of assault by family members or significant others. The one I recall vividly is a guy who put a gun to someone's head. He later tracked her down by getting info on her (using a ruse) and she had to leave again. Some states have rules against giving out the phone or address of a person without their permission.

All I am suggesting is, don't do it without permission. I did not see this rule posted but it's a reasonable rule of thumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 06:58 AM

2,074 posts, read 7,974,170 times
I sure wouldn't want my name and address posted all over the internet. I understand that this forum can be a desperate chance to find a family member or old friend ... but there are ways to find/search on your own. You may have to pay for it, but I'd suggest you do the research yourself. If they're out there, you'll get leads and possibly find them.

I had an abusive husband ------ he's out of the picture and I sure don't want him to know where I live.

Food for thought.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:47 AM

3 posts, read 4,575 times
People are always trying to come up with the negative perspective on things. I'm sorry about the jerk that held the gun up to the womans head and yes I also had an absusive boyfriend, but you know what stop ruining it for all the good ones! You can find someone's info any where yu go. And FYI I want to find my family and dont have money like that to spend.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,139 times
sure that is true. there are some psychos in the world, but i think no psycho would search over internet, he would pay a PI to find someone.

i am here to search someone that i cannt find, i am 5000 km away from her, i am despered, and need help, houping to find good people to help me.

no psycho would ask help from good peoples i think

and i still search for her look at board
Searching for a friend in Lansing

thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search