U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:19 AM

32 posts, read 97,625 times

Advertisements

Hi,
This is Rosy Trovato and I live in Italy.
I have heard that some relatives of my mother moved to US (Chicago IL) in 1907.
One of them, Marta Caramanna (b. 1896) had many kids, one of them Florence married a man having family name Paladino. They had a daughter named Loretta.
A sister of Marta was Giuseppina (b.1897), his husband, an Italian man, was the owner of a meat factory.
The third sister Maria stayed in USA for 13 months then she came back Italy (Canicattì that is located in Sicily) where she died around 1978. Maybe I am wrong with some of the names but I am sure about Martha and Josephine CAramanna, does anybody have them in his/her family tree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 02:31 AM

Here are the only pictures I have!
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for american relatives Caramanna/Paladino-florence-paladino.gif   Looking for american relatives Caramanna/Paladino-loretta-paladino.gif   Looking for american relatives Caramanna/Paladino-picture001.jpg   Looking for american relatives Caramanna/Paladino-picture002.jpg  

Old 06-27-2008, 01:31 PM

Hey guys I cannot believe nobody can help me!!! this website is my last chance to find my relatives in US!!! My aunt Graziella (Martha's nephew) is old and maybe she doesn't remember well the names but probably one of my cousins could recognize his/her mother or aunt in the pictures I posted...by what there was written in the back of the group's photo maybe Natalie and Pips were Florence's sisters or cousin: do anybody knows them? I know in US women lose their family name: there is any possibility to find their husbands' family name?

Old 07-03-2008, 03:51 AM

Default Florence Paladino

Hi, I found a Florence Paladino (Approx. age 93) living in Philadelphia PA.
I didn't find a phone number so that I sent her a letter with photos.
Hoping she's the same Florence I am looking for.
Rosy

Old 07-12-2008, 05:17 PM

143 posts, read 419,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosytrovato View Post
The third sister Maria stayed in USA for 13 months then she came back Italy (Canicattì that is located in Sicily) where she died around 1978. Maybe I am wrong with some of the names but I am sure about Martha and Josephine CAramanna, does anybody have them in his/her family tree?
When did the third sister come to America? Is she the last person listed on the back of the photo? If so, the paperwork she needed to fill out to get a visa to visit her Family would have the Family's address on it.
Anyone out there have any suggestion how to go about getting a copy of the visa paperwork?

Old 07-12-2008, 09:50 PM

I've searched some on Ancestry.com and there are not to many Caramanna's in America.

There seems to be one family in Pennsylvania and another in New Jersey. The Family in New Jersey I think maybe related to you.

I've PM you two email address for people on Ancestry.com that have the last name Caramanna listed as a relative. None of them match up with a Marta etc... but maybe they are some how related.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:08 PM

Hi PJ
Actually about the third sister Maria in the photo, I just know that she went in US flying in 1968 and she stayed ther for about one year.
I don't know how I can find the paperworks about her coming, can you suggest me a way?
I'll try to send some e-mail to the address you provided and let you know the results.
Bye,
Rosy

Old 07-16-2008, 12:42 AM

I found this article on the web
ILW.COM - immigration news: Establishment of a Genealogy Progra

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has established what they are calling a 'Genealogy Program'. The program will start taking requests Aug 13, 2008. From what I read, it's a program that allows researchers to by pass the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and streamlines the process for obtaining copies of documents held by the USCISC. But, it only applies to records before certain dates. An FOIA will still be needed to obtain newer documents. If you want to request Maria's Visa application, you will need to file a FOIA which really isn't that big of a deal. I've gotten some Family information this way.
Here the USCIS page with how to file a FOIA:
How to Make a FOIA or PA Request

Here is the USCIS page for the Genealogy Program:
Genealogy

Old 07-16-2008, 04:18 AM

Default Lauren Paladino

Due to the fact I know Florence's daughter name was Loretta I am trying to contact all the Lauren Paladino I found on internet.
I sent e-mail to two Lauren and I hope one of them is the Loretta I am looking for. In the meantime: do you know any other Lauren?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 AM

Default Looking for Agostino Caramanna's godmother

Hi guys,
I had found another way to find my US relatives.
One of them was the godmother of my uncle Agostino.
So I had a look to the baptism registries in CAnicattì.
Didn't find any registration of that baptism so that I have not the godmother's name.
Some registries has been burned because of too much old so that maybe I will not find any record.
Rosy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search