U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 AM

415 posts, read 1,502,712 times

Advertisements

Dear Dad, So I called you on Father's Day to wish you a happy father's day and imagine how my heart sunk when I got the phone company message that the phone was disconnected. I had to call back just to be sure. I jumped on the internet and spent the next 6 hours trying to find you, your sister Dottie, her kids - William and Daniele, your brother Tom, your sister Debbie, and I don't even know how many other people. I've been emailing old addresses for everyone, calling numbers listed on the internet. I left a message on what I was hoping was Tom and Katie's answering machine in Illinois, but its been a week and a half, so it was probably another wrong number. You Frys move around a lot.

Look, we're both not phone people, so to go months without speaking wasn't a big deal. It was always enough for me just to know that you were alive and well, but also to know where you were! I sent you a letter in February to let you know that I found a house in Tucson and was going to pack up my family at the end of the school year and move. You probably never even got it. Did you get last year's Christmas present? I can only assume that since the phone was disconnected, you must have moved.

If you died or something else bad happened, I would think your wife, Patty would have called me. But maybe not. Maybe you're not married anymore.

I was really excited on Father's Day evening too because I finally found your other child, my half brother. I wanted to let you know. I know you haven't spoken to him in probably 20 years and couldn't tell me where to find him. I had a very nice conversation with his mother and was able to talk to him a few days later. He didn't know I existed, so his mom wanted to talk to him first. He is doing OK and I think he is happy to have a sister now. He sent me a picture this morning which caused my mind to wander and prompt this thread.

So, that's it, I guess. I'll find you again like I did 8 years ago. But I just don't have the time or energy right now. I'm throwing in the towel. I'm off to Tucson to be closer to my Mom, whom I found 8 years ago, too. I'm sure you remember that I have 5 other brothers and sisters. They are pretty excited for us to move closer to them, but as you remember, that whole scenario was the fairy tale happy ending that every adoptee dreams of. Last summer I had my epitome and truly realized the importance of family. I will get to know them a whole lot better - their middle names, their favorite colors. They are a very cool bunch and I got to spend lots of time with them over the last year. I want more time.

Bye Dad. Take care of yourself. Have a Happy Birthday on July 27th.

Love, Suzy

Thanks to whomever read this very long story. I feel better now that I have it on 'paper'. If anyone has a way to get a forwarding address for 112 East 10th Ave., let me know.

Last edited by twojulybabies; 06-25-2008 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM

3 posts, read 5,630 times
Exclamation Suzy, I hope you get this...

....OK, where to start?

I did a google search for my grandfather's name and found my uncle Jimmy's name instead. As I cruised the info., I came to your post and had to join this blog. It's actually my first. Ok, celebrations for me moving into the technologically advanced ages set aside, I'm wanting to get in touch with you. You are my cousin and even mentioned me, my brother, and my mom in your post...and I've never met you!!! I only learned of you about a year ago, but noone could/would give me any info. on how to contact you.

If you do get this, please respond or look me up or find me on facebook...my brother is on there, too.

I have 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl. I teach, currently music.

I want to find out about you, who you are, what YOUR family is like, how you grew up, and so on. I would love to share with you about the Fry family, Grandma and Grandpa, the drama, the stories of the cousins growing up, and the distance that unfortunately has become of an apparently dysfunctional family. Who's isn't? Some are just more open than others and willing to grow, even within the same family line.

Anywho, lets meet! At least via messages until ???

Many blessings to you and your family and welcome to mine!!!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Welcome Cousin!!!

~Daniele

Old 12-18-2008, 12:14 AM

842 posts, read 1,979,988 times
Daniele,
You can either call her:
Mobile: (520) 820-3063
Main Office: (520) 574-0952
Or go to her website. She has her picture and her kids there:
Daniele,
You can either call her:
Mobile: (520) 820-3063
Main Office: (520) 574-0952
Or go to her website. She has her picture and her kids there:

Suzy Mellion | My Homepage

Old 12-31-2008, 03:13 PM

THANK YOU, Susan! I've been in touch with Suzy now and am SO thankful to have this opportunity!

Happy New Year!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,540 times
Default Genealogy and James R. Fry, Jr.

Hello, my name is John Pearce from Flint, Michigan. Jim and I exchanged some information on genealogy a few years back, and I'd like to get in touch with him if possible. We apparently have some Hoffmans in common in our family tree. The Email address I had for him no longer works. If anyone has a current Email address for him I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. My email is [EMAIL="johnpearce@comcast.net"]johnpearce@comcast.net[/EMAIL]

Thanks,
John Pearce.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM

Uncle Jimmy's phone number 254.931.5554

email address
jfryjr@hot.rr.com

I was able to get the information about my Uncle. Hope this helps!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,540 times
Default Thanks so much!

Thank you so much. I've sent him an Email (I do hope it's the correct Jim Fry) and hopefully I'll hear back from him. Either way, I do appreciate your help.

J.P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or