U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 AM

25 posts, read 53,587 times

Advertisements

I am using this site to help my uncle who is and has been looking for his siblings for many many years. After reading some of the People Searches last night, I feel that there is much hope of him finding his family. Here is the story.
My uncle's birth name was Robert Henry Mayer. Possibly a Jr. He and his 4 sisters and 1 brother were put in an orphanage when they were taken away from their father. Their mother had left them all. Name of the mother is unknown. My uncle, whose name is still Robert, was born on October 22, 1955 in Orange, NJ.
Robert believes his brother's name is Joseph after their Grandfather Joseph Mayer and we know that the grandfather pasted away. His grandfather's wife's name was/is Gerthrude. Her maiden name Harris.
He believes his sisters names were Eleanor, oldest, Gloria and Sally, youngest. He does not remember the fourth sister's name. Robert thinks his sister Eleanor became 18 and went back to live with their father. All children. he believes were also adopted out.
Robert was fostered out to a family when he was 5 and then finally adopted by the family when he was 11 when they wanted to leave NJ. The family that he was fostered to and finally adopted by, was a family that lived behind Gertrude's brother. The family was Raymond and Lois Tonchen.
My uncle does not know his mother's name. But believes his father Robert Henry Mayer, has three sisters.

If anyone can help my uncle be reunited with his siblings, I cannot even express the joy it would finally bring my uncle. He is one of the kindest men I know. He has had bits of depression over the years because of this. He just wants to find his family. He currently resides in Michigan. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, thank you for this site. The rest lies in God's hands.

Carla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 08:34 AM

Default Corrections to some names

My uncle just found the obituary from his Grandfather. His wife's name was not Gertrude, it was Freida, maiden name Neetflug. and their children were: Dorothy E. Smith, Ethel Miller, Robert Henry, and Joseph Jr. And his grandfather died November 16, 1964 and it stated that his wife, Freida had already preceeded him in death.
Sorry for the mixup. My uncle was mistaken in the names. He is pretty sure about his siblings names though.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,159,851 times
Has he tried looking up his brother Joseph? Maybe he still lives in NJ. Also, maybe his sister Eleanor kept her maiden name or never married. There is a 58 year old Eleanor Mayer in NJ. Try looking on peoplefinders.com, then try zabasearch to find addresses and possibly a phone number.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,159,851 times
You corrected the grandmother's first name, but you also stated two different maiden names for her as well. Which is the correct one?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 AM

Grandmother's maiden name Neetflug

Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 PM

They have been found!!!! With the help of the people who use this sight. There are still some with unknown whereabouts. Due to adoption. But we have found some and with God's continued grace we will find more. Thank you to all of you who helped in this. I could not have done it with out you or this sight. I have already told so many people about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or