U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:39 PM

72 posts, read 270,838 times

Advertisements

In January of 1999, this child was thrown or fell from a moving vehicle at mile marker 173 off of I10 in Phoenix, AZ. She hit the highway at 75 miles per hour and died the next day before she could state her name. She is between 13 and 17 years of age, ear piercings, blue heart tattoo on her chest and a belly button piercing. These could have been done after she left home or without her parents knowledge.

We believe she was not on the streets for very long, there is indication she might have had a necklace with diamonds on a cross and a ring on the necklace with the initials DMA.

we have heard she had told someone her name was Carla or Cori Cory?? But we are not sure her hair was blonde at the time and had light brown roots.

here are some links to for pics of her
WARNING SOME PICS MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE

MedEx
National Center for Missing Adults (NCMA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,801,509 times
My heart breaks at these stories. I can't imagine what kind of life she may have been running from that NOW no one realizes she is dead.

I applaud you that you are trying to track down and help find her family.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Thank you I hope someone will recognize her

Old 07-09-2008, 07:21 PM

820 posts, read 2,593,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
My heart breaks at these stories. I can't imagine what kind of life she may have been running from that NOW no one realizes she is dead.

I applaud you that you are trying to track down and help find her family.
I think it's amazing when people get involved in stories like this and try to help bring a family some closure. I viewed the website and can't believe the heartwrenching things there. It's unbelievable that there are these stories out there that can't be solved or people that have been harmed and no one has claimed.

Good luck in your search and bless you for helping someone.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:10 PM

55 posts, read 136,104 times
I agree with the others, Please at least have a look this could be your child, mom niece, and look at the many others listed there.
God bless.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,801,509 times
I would love to get involved in this myself. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have a loved one who is out of touch or missing and not know where they are. These people deserve to have their names and their identities assigned to their remains and their loved ones deserve to know where they are and how their last days were spent.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,484,709 times
Let's hope that someone who know something sees this! She was a pretty girl and there has to be a family somewhere looking for her.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM

Its possible she was from Mojave county Arizona or there is reason to believe she could have come from as far away as Milwaukee or Spokane washington....Somebody knows this young girl went to school with her or something.....

I truly hope with the technology (internet etc) we can give her, her name back she deserves that much...she truly was a beautiful girl.

here are a couple of COMPOSITES that have been done to show how she might have looked in life. I hesistate to Post her actual pic someone might be offended to see her actual pics please click on the links in my first post
Attached Thumbnails
Do you recognize this Girl was in AZ 1999 a Runaway?-maricopabwsmalltx7.jpg   Do you recognize this Girl was in AZ 1999 a Runaway?-maricopa11111.jpg  

Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 AM

I am THRILLED to Announce that this Unsolved Mystery has been solved

Maricopa Jane Doe has been identified. Rest in Peace, Tawni Lee Mazzone - Jane Doe no more. DOB 9/3/1981 she was 17 years old and had been missing 5 days when she died

This case was solved in part due to a thread at City Data ( posted in Arizona Phoenix area which lead the family to Websleuths ( where I am also a member)

Any of you that are interested in helping give John & Jane does back their names cold cases etc check us out the more people helping the better chance of these cases getting solved

Thank YoU city data for providing a place for me to post this type of thing now Tawni can be reunited with her loving family who never gave up on finding her.

RIP Tawni

Phoenix PD would not take a missing person's report which is why there was none on file.

Tawni actually left her mother's home 5 days prior to 1/26/1999-during the weeks that followed mom sat in a vigil out side of Tawni's friends houses and schools, desperate for sight of her child.

As you can imagine the family is heartbroken and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Here is a picture of Tawni in Life she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...48/Tawni_2.jpg

Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 AM

4,628 posts, read 9,278,238 times
Phenolred....Blessings to you, Tawni's family, and thank you for helping. What incredibly wonderful news.

I will try to find Websleuths when I can get back to my computer, but if you don't mind would you post their site or phone number? Thank you so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search