Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,285 times

Advertisements

A couple of childhood friends (2 brothers) of mine were murdered in Maryland. I believe it was in 1987 or so.

The names were Efrain and Richard Miranda. They were from Brooklyn, NY.

How can i find information about them and the case from back then?

How can I find out if anyone was ever arrested for the murders?

This has been bothering me forever now.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,325 times
Do you know the city or county where it happened?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:19 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,325 times
Here's a list of Maryland newspapers
Maryland Newspapers - Maryland Newspaper List
It would help if you could narrow down the place.

I could not find the 2 brothers matching your facts in the Social Security death index.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 AM

72 posts, read 320,232 times
this is the only thing I could find you can read the full article if you sign up for a free trial

Oh and in your post you spelled Efrain with an N and it is listed as M Efraim, Im sure it was a typo

here is a link it was in the Washington Post 1989

N.Y. Brothers Slain in Md. | Article from The Washington Post | HighBeam Research
NY Brothers Slain in Md.
[SIZE=-1]Subscription - Washington Post - HighBeam Research[SIZE=-1] - May 15, 1989[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Efraim Miranda, 22, and Richard Miranda, 21, both of Brooklyn, were found by police shortly before 4 am in the 7200 block of Landover Road. ... [/SIZE]

Two brothers from New York City were found shot to death early yesterday outside a Landover apartment building in what Prince George's County police described as drug-related killings.
Efraim Miranda, 22, and Richard Miranda, 21, both of Brooklyn, were found by ...

Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenolred View Post
this is the only thing I could find you can read the full article if you sign up for a free trial

Oh and in your post you spelled Efrain with an N and it is listed as M Efraim, Im sure it was a typo

here is a link it was in the Washington Post 1989

N.Y. Brothers Slain in Md. | Article from The Washington Post | HighBeam Research
NY Brothers Slain in Md.
[SIZE=-1]Subscription - Washington Post - HighBeam Research[SIZE=-1] - May 15, 1989[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Efraim Miranda, 22, and Richard Miranda, 21, both of Brooklyn, were found by police shortly before 4 am in the 7200 block of Landover Road. ... [/SIZE]

Two brothers from New York City were found shot to death early yesterday outside a Landover apartment building in what Prince George's County police described as drug-related killings.
Efraim Miranda, 22, and Richard Miranda, 21, both of Brooklyn, were found by ...
OMG- Thank you! Thats them!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
I'm familiar with that particular area of Maryland (just outside of DC). Not a very safe area, especially at night and during the 1980s. A lot of drug dealing on street corners and I happen to know someone personally who was shot in the head around 1989-90 and died several weeks later in Landover. The killer was never caught.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I'm familiar with that particular area of Maryland (just outside of DC). Not a very safe area, especially at night and during the 1980s. A lot of drug dealing on street corners and I happen to know someone personally who was shot in the head around 1989-90 and died several weeks later in Landover. The killer was never caught.

i downloaded the whole article. they were murdered in the 7200 block of Landover Road. i've never been there so i have no clue about this block. I may drive out there one day. Is it still bad there?

Also, is there anyway to find out if anyone was ever arrested for the murders. The article said they had no suspects but that was in 1989.

This is very surreal to me. these were two kids i grew up playing tag and baseball, etc... with on the block. yes they did turn into very bad apples, but they were my childhood friends.

thanks

Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
The area still isn't safe but my hunch is it may not be as bad as it was in those days of crack dealing wars. I seem to remember these murders because I faintly recall some murders in Landover of males from The Bronx or Brooklyn.
You maybe able to find out something through the Prince Georges County Police Dept.
Prince Georges County Police, Landover, MD : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 PM

983 posts, read 4,441,061 times
You can contact the robbery homicide Detectives for that police dept and inquire about the case. It may have gone to the cold case division by now if no one was arrested.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,026 times
I went to put flowers on my grandmother's grave when i noticed the headstone of Efraim and Richard Miranda who died in 1989. I am not sure if you are aware that a 3rd brother died in 1994. I was interested to know what happened to these brothers when I found this page. Do you know what happened to the other brother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search