Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,899 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone might have known my mother - it would mean the world to me -

Mrs. Julia C. Smith 32, wife of John Joseph Smith, 208 Delmar Avenue, Fort Myers Beach, died April 25, 1962 at Tampa General Hospital. She was a member of the Catholic Church and the Ladies Auxiliary of the American Legion (Post 274). She was a native of Springfield, Massachusetts. Besides her husband, she was survived by her mother, Mrs. Agnes Kautzman, Putnam County, N.Y.; a daughter Julia J, three months, Daniel 14, Michael 13, Charles, four and Timothy, three.

She lived on Delmar Avenue in Fort Myers Beach, just down the street from Estero Boulevard, a few steps from the ocean. She was dark haired, (with (blue?) eyes). May have managed a restaurant nearby, may have worked at the American Legion Post. Waitressed, possibly bartended, possible singer. Stepmother to two or three boys (Michael, Daniel and possibly Richard) – she called them “her” boys, so you may not have known she did not give birth to them. She was also mother to Chipper, Timmy and a baby girl Julie Josephine; she died three short months after Julie Jo was born.

No detail about her is too small – remember, I know nothing. Was she happy? Worried? Did she like music? Was she generous? Did she like coffee? Was she afraid of thunderstorms? Did she think pelicans were beautiful? Did she talk about her mother, or her family? What was her favorite color? Any story about her, or a moment in her history, fills a void in me that no one can imagine.

Thank you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,353 times
Default Julia C. Smith

Hi my name is Debbie Zagmester Bale. I'm working on my family tree. I'm thinking your mom was my mom's cousin. My mom's name was Geraldine Kampshoff. Her mom, my grandmother, Elizabeth Kampshoff was your grandmother's Agnes sister. I knew your grandmother as we use to visit her when I was young. I'm doing my family tree in scrapbook format and doing an extensive research. I'm pretty sure that you are my mom's cousin's daughter and I would like to connect to you. I myself did not know all my family and this will fill a void as well. I found phone numbers online to contact you, but everyone of them were disconnected and I'm not sure they were your phone numbers. You can reach me through [email]designsbydebi14105@yahoo.com[/email]. I look forward to hearing from you. Debbie

Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,591,515 times
She made only that one post. I sent her a message to let her know to come back but she may have changed her email since then.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search