U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 AM

138 posts, read 213,202 times
Default to find someone

I was in New York a couple weeks ago. I wanted to find a past co-worker from years ago that I have not been in touch with, so tried to use the internet' free people searches/find' without luck. These sites were misleading- they said they were free, then when you did a search, it said you had to join. Talk about 'bait and switch'!! Has anyone used a good free site to find people or anything else? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM

1,845 posts, read 3,073,756 times
Uh, yeah...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/people-search/

Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 PM

161 posts, read 219,088 times
perfect answer!!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM

I didn't know this site existed- I got to it by following my prior post, but when I go to 'general' I do not seethe 'people search'. How do I get there without just going to first post? (sorry, I only use a computer for fun). Anyway, would like to find out if Linda Murray, who lived in Michigan in the 90's and worked for Midwest Mortgage, and got transferred to NYC is still there. She married our boss, and I forgot his last name. I know she got divorced (they had a little girl). Anyway, I will come back to NYC in 6 weeks and was just wondering- would like to phone while I'm there if possible. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:16 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,073,756 times
Look at the top of the thread where it says City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search

Click on 'People Search' and it will take you back to the main page this forum.

From City-Data general, scroll all the way down, past the states and past most of the general topics, it's next to the last, right above Classified Ads.

The best way to find someone:
Start a thread with the person's name in the title. This way, anyone googling that person will be directed to your thread. Plus it makes it easier for the volunteers to work on your thread without having to open every "looking for my friend" thread to find it again. Use the full legal name, as much as you know. Inside the thread, post as much as you know: any nicknames, date of birth or approx age, where born, where lived, where worked, names of parents/ siblings/spouse or roommate... anything you know which may be of help. Check back frequently after posting, in case the search volunteers have a question.

In your post above, you did well with the facts. Can you give an approx age for Linda? If you can remember the name of the boss it would make it much easier. Divorcees, especially with children, seldom go back to their maiden names. Perhaps you could call the Mortgage Co and get the name of the boss?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,111,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
You are so funny! It is an amazing site with many talented people!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:38 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,111,718 times
Question for the OP...

What city/town did Linda live in?
Her approximate age?
Anything on the husband, even first name?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 AM

8,410 posts, read 9,216,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
And ya'll do a great job helping us....Thanks

Old 09-19-2008, 05:42 AM

8 posts, read 10,175 times
Other than quick rely how do i post.IM NOT THE SHARPEST KNIFE IN THE DRAWER

Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 AM

Just thought I'd comment on the people search- I didn't use the one here, because I thought of another way to locate my former co-worker. Just called the high school where her ex-husband taught track- they left a message, he called her, and she then called me. Small world, if you think about it.
thanks for the hints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search