U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,264 times

Advertisements

Looking for relatives
This is a real long shot. I live in the Uk and have been trying to find decendants of a family member who emigrated to michigan many years ago. I have no real idea of when exactly, could have been during the 1920's or after. Her name was Annie Standley she was my grandmothers sister she came from London and she married a guy called John Marshall. My search has led me to Wyandotte, michigan (wayne county I believe) only because I think her sister visited this place during the 50's. Marshall is the only surname I have and as its probably very common its going to be hard tracing them I think. My mother has given me this info and its a bit sketchy as it was all so long ago and my mum is now 87 years old, But, and its a huge but, if anyone with the name Marshall had grandparents or great grandparents called john and annie I would love to hear from them. Or if you have a friend or relative with that surname could you ask them for a little history of their family. You never know! Yours very hopefully, Jenny. Essex England
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 PM

842 posts, read 1,980,134 times
Hi Jennie,
Don't know if it is them or not but I checked the Social Security Death Index. First I checked for Annie Marshall who may have passed away in Michigan. I came up with this:
ANNIE MARSHALL 09 Nov 1902 Dec 1977 48203 (Highland Park, Wayne, MI) (none specified) 377-03-3547 Michigan
Having a city of Highland, Michigan, I checked for a John Marshall of Highland Park, Michigan
There were 2, but this one fits the bill better:
JOHN MARSHALL 17 May 1901 Jan 1972 48203 (Highland Park, Wayne, MI) (none specified) 376-03-7669 Michigan
The other one could be, though, so here it is:
JOHN MARSHALL 08 Mar 1897 Feb 1978 48203 (Highland Park, Wayne, MI) 48208 (Detroit, Wayne, MI) 403-05-4713 Kentucky
Do you know when Annie was born? As you can see from this one, she was born November 9, 1902.
If it is her, you could attempt to get her obituary from their local paper.
I googled newpapers for Highland park and got this:
Michigan Citizen Newspaper
313-869-0033
211 Glendale Highland Park, MI 48203
If it is her, the obituary would be a good way to find out who survivors were. You could also try to contact their probate court for that county to see if there was a will or if there was property that had to go to probate. Those papers also give survivors names, addresses, and sometimes phone numbers. The funeral home can sometimes help you if they kept the file.
Let us know if that does sound like her birthdate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search