U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,033,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
I didn't find one for him, TG.

Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 10:06 AM

9 posts, read 23,845 times
Default Poss.Obit for family member

Hi, could this be the obit for someone (poss.his father) of his family: RootsWeb: OHMUSKIN-L [OHMUSKIN] Walter E. Gifford - Obit
>>>>Oct 24, 1972
Walter E. Gifford, 79, of Malta Route 2, a retired farmer, died at 8:30 am Monday in Marietta Memorial Hospital.
He was born May 12, 1893, in Penn Township, Morgan County, the son of Abraham and Dora White Gifford. He was first married to the former Iva Smith who died Oct 25, 1948. He later married Zanetta Wetherell who died March 23, 1960.
Mr. Gifford was a member of Pennsville United Methodist Church and Newton Ridge Grange.
Surviving are three daughters, Mrs. Ernestine Wilson of McConnelsville Home; Mrs. Florence Williams of Pennsville and Mrs. Martha Bryan of Canton; four sons, Fred of Columbus, Howard of Marietta, Harry and George, both of Malta Route 2; 21 grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; two step-daughters, Miss Elizabeth Wetherall of Zanesville and Mrs. Grace Hooper of Pennsville; four step-grandchildren; two step-great grandchildren; a brother, Marvin of McConnelsville and several nieces and nephews. A son, Emmett; a stepson; two sisters and a brother are deceased.Services will be held at 1 pm Thursday at Pennsville United Methodist church with Rev. Carl Hicks and Rev. Catherine Nason officiating. Burial will be in the Pennsville Cemetery.<<<<<

Last edited by mascli; 09-28-2008 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: link did not show....

Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 PM

531 posts, read 437,197 times
hcgcali girl...sorry..been in the hospital.....I knew he was a few years older than me(I was born in 1950)...and as you might know(or maybe you don't,yet!!!!!haha) at our ages our memories start slipping a bit.I don't remember his parents' names(tho I would if I heard them...I think) He had a youger brother named Sam(he may have been born around 1954-5)and an even younger brother named danny...a younger sister named tonya(I think)...and an older sister who's name was "shelby"(I think his dad's name was fred also...but cannot remember...and his mother's name was frances ....again I'm not sure.)Forgive me...but it's been 30 year's or so since I left Ohio.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM

531 posts, read 437,197 times
mascli.....thank you so much for joining in on the search...I'm totally amazed at all of you(and your knowledge of computers) but I don't believe that was the fred gifford I'm searching for!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search