U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 PM

7 posts, read 12,106 times

Advertisements

My Mother & I lost communication following an argument that I admit was mostly my fault and a series of moves we both made 16-17 years ago and her marriage about a year later. Following this over the years I have tried to communicate with her via written letters Xmas Cards, and email to her son whom I'm not sure I should call a brother. I have sincere reason to believe he has been lying to me all these years and my letters, emails, & Xmas cards have not reached her. The first is that out of the very few replies I have gotten back were one, maybe two sentences lacking emotion and unsigned.
While I'm unsure why or for what purpose he is lying to me, My Mother whom raised me and I remember was a very emotional, vibrant, good Christian woman whom would never hold a grudge against me over an argument for 1 month let alone 17 years.
My problem in finding her is that I only have her maiden name, & the man she married's first name to go on plus where she was living at the time and the state he's from.
My Mothers Maiden Name at the time was: Jeannine Carol Hicks. She was living in Altamonte Springs Fl. She Married a Man who's first name is Carl. He at the time she met him was living in Alabama I think in the southern area of the state.
I have several chronic and progressive health problems that are only getting worse.
Please, if anyone out there can help me find her? I need to speak to and make peace with her while I am still able to.
All my thanks to everyone in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 06:12 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,786,357 times
Can you provide her approximate age/date of birth?

Last known address?

Also, her son's name may be helpful.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:11 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,037,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Can you provide her approximate age/date of birth?

Last known address?

Also, her son's name may be helpful.
Ditto! I was thinking the same thing.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:03 PM

I will get back to you tomorrow with that information to the best of my knowledge.
Again, thanks.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,768,235 times
If you give us the son's name, there's a good chance we can find her current name.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:34 AM

She would be around 80 years old give or take a few. Also, I think she may have been born in Jacksonville Fl or at least grew up there.
As to the son's name. I'm scared of this guy and if possible do not wish him to know I'm looking. If it comes down to my only option of finding her I'll post it.
I just hope my worse fears are not true which is due to his lies my Mother has already passed without knowing how much I love her.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:00 AM

842 posts, read 1,979,072 times
Do you know the month and day your mother was born? When you wrote her before, what name did you send the cards to? What address? You do not need to post the son's name, you can also direct message that and any other info you do not want to share publicly to the people here who are trying to help you. The more information you share with them, the more they can help you. Wouldn't his last name be the same as your mother's last name now? What state was she in? Where did she marry?

Old 10-04-2008, 09:02 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,037,121 times
You can send the name privately to any of us on this board by clicking on our names and selecting the "Send a direct message". We will help you as much as we can. Good luck.

Susan, I see we are on the same page! ;-)

Old 10-05-2008, 12:32 AM

Her son's last name is from her first marriage. Me, I was adopted by her at a very young age and my name was never changed. She told me she wanted me to keep my Native American heritage intact which is why my last name is different from her maiden and her first marriage's (I'm Apache). The man Carl to whom she is still married to now has a different last name from the son's. I was hoping due to this the son's name would not be necessary in finding her as my fear of him is well founded. If after reading this you still feel it is necessary for me to include his name I will do so directly as Travlingal2 suggested.
As to the month and day she was born? I'm trying to remember but for the moment I do not seem to be able to. I'll look at what information I have and get back to you.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:38 AM

Oh, I only included her first name on the letters & cards in care of the son-his name and address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search