U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 AM

5 posts, read 10,155 times

Advertisements

I was in Shawn Acres around the early 70's my name was Ronald McGee. I was too young to go to school,and too old to be put downstairs with the very young children. I would spend most of my days wandering the buildings. I started hanging around the offices because there was a young secretary who was always very nice to me. One day when I was talking to her a man became very angry at me and her. The next day she was crying when I got there. She gave me a toy car. She never returned after that. To this day I think of her and her kindness almost everyday. I would love to be able to thank her and let her know what that kindness meant to a lost, scared, and lonely little boy. To my best recollection she worked in the building to the right when you entered the orphanage. If you are out there and do not want to reply I understand. It was over 40yrs. ago. Just think about this, In the evenings terrible things happen to kids in orphanages. Truly you were my one ray of sunshine. I went by the office everyday until I was fostered. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM

My name was Ron McGee. I was at SA in the early 1970's. Although I was real young I remember that a girl, that was about 17yrs old at the time, said she was my older sister. I believe her name was Debbie McGee. I'm not sure. If anyone has any information please reply or send an email. I have so many questions about my time in SA. There was a older man who was in charge of me. I can only remember that his name was Mr. Fox and at night he didn't stay at SA. Anything will help.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:17 PM

Default people search

I am looking for my bio-father. His name is Harold McGee ,married at the time to Sandy Wireman Mcgee,
has other son's ,one might be named Randy McGee. I was told he moved to PA. I would just like to talk to him or anyone who knows or knew him. Ronniken@hotmail.com Thanks for your time.

P.S. I was born in 63"

Old 09-30-2012, 02:56 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,258,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcgee View Post
I am looking for my bio-father. His name is Harold McGee ,married at the time to Sandy Wireman Mcgee,
has other son's ,one might be named Randy McGee. I was told he moved to PA. I would just like to talk to him or anyone who knows or knew him. Ronniken@hotmail.com Thanks for your time.

P.S. I was born in 63"
any idea how old harold might be?

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

not sure what this means:
McGEE, Sandra S (WIREMAN)[MORRIS]; 35; OH; Dayton D-N; 2002-7-13; mghearing
http://obits.rootsweb.ancestry.com/c...rd&Start=12900

Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM

2 posts, read 4,234 times
I lived in Shawn Acres in the 70's. I would love to find some of the people that were there then. I lost touch after I moved away.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
My mom and her brother were placed in shawn acres in 1941 because her father and mother was arrested for not having their children vacinated. She said that they were good to her she was in building 9 and her brother was in building 4. They cut her hair and gave her a perm that made her hair fall out. They weren't allowed to read the paper or hear the radio it was intersting that when they went to school they were placed in the grade that they should have been as their mother home schooled them. If any one remembers this story let me know.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connied 62 View Post
I lived in Shawn Acres in the 70's. I would love to find some of the people that were there then. I lost touch after I moved away.
When I first got there I was in cottage 9 & then later I was placed in cottage 1 or 2 I can't remember exactly which one.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,114,227 times
I am fascinated and a little saddened by these stories and posts. I hope you all prove successful in your queries and God bless you.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
There are a Facebook page called Shawn Acres Children`s Home in Ohio/A Group Page ,just was made this morning. I am over whelm with all the People that`s searching for a lost loved ones from Shawn Acres. I Alonzo Cooley is looking for my mother that was in Shawn Acres by the name of Betty Jane Ashwell. I was in Shawn Acres until I was adopted in 1972.Maybe this Facebook Page can help further in Our search. Good Luck in finding your Lost Loved Ones.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:15 AM

10,665 posts, read 21,336,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Cooley View Post
There are a Facebook page called Shawn Acres Children`s Home in Ohio/A Group Page ,just was made this morning. I am over whelm with all the People that`s searching for a lost loved ones from Shawn Acres. I Alonzo Cooley is looking for my mother that was in Shawn Acres by the name of Betty Jane Ashwell. I was in Shawn Acres until I was adopted in 1972.Maybe this Facebook Page can help further in Our search. Good Luck in finding your Lost Loved Ones.
Shawen Acres Childrens Home in Ohio/ A Group page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or