Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 PM

7 posts, read 25,645 times

Advertisements

Dear Hawaii Board Members,
my very dear friend Kimberly has been missing since 21st August.
Her family and friends are very concerned and worried and desperate for any information that could shed some light on her disappearance.
I don't live in Hawaii anymore, but I would like to ask for your help in finding her.

Here are some links to her story in the local media:

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9282/79/ (broken link)
http://starbulletin.com/2008/08/27/news/story06.html
http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=8906215
http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=8906215
http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9318/40 (broken link)
http://www.kitv.com/news/17306181/detail.html (broken link)

Here's a photo of her:

Kimberly is the most wonderful and caring person. She is loved and missed by many friends and family members on the islands and beyond.

Missing Person: JACOBS, Kimberly Day
Height: 5'04"
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Race: Caucasian
Clothing: Unknown
Distinguishing Characteristics: She walks with a distinct limp.

Any help is appreciated

Please, if you have seen her or have any information, do contact:
HONOLULU POLICE DEPARTMENT @ 911
MISSING PERSONS DETAIL @ ph# 529-3115

Aloha and Mahalo
Arizonan Kama'aina
Attached Thumbnails
Please help find my friend Kimberly-photo-kim.jpg  

Last edited by Arizonan Kamaaina; 09-07-2008 at 11:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 08:39 AM

Here is a recollection of what we know so far. Written by the friend, who reported her missing. This is posted here with his consent.

Please if you have photos of that day from the area or have seen anything, contact the local police (number, see post above).
Mahalo!

No news to report. Kimberly vanished sometime during the late afternoon or evening of Thursday, August 21. Her husband says Kim was home around 5pm. He later went downstairs to a board meeting. When he returned, around 8pm, Kimberly was gone. The door to the apartment was unlocked.

Everything a woman would take with her (purse, I.D., keys, cell phone, money, credit cards) was still in the apartment. The only thing he believed she had taken was her swim goggles. Their apartment is right on the ocean, and she often went swimming.(He later said he was mistaken, and has since found the goggles in their apartment).

Husband says Kim never returned home that night. The next morning, he just went to his office. He says he didn't notice if her vehicle was still parked at their apartment, and wasn't concerned she had failed to return home.

When I learned Kim was missing-- and swim goggles were the only item she appeared to have with her -- I asked husband if he had launched a search.

He responded, "I wouldn't know what to do with her if I found her." I asked him to check if her vehicle was still parked at their apartment. He refused, and chastised me for interrupting his business meeting by inquiring about his missing wife. I immediately called the police and reported Kimberly missing.

I spoke to Husband again on Saturday night, Aug. 23 (two nights after Kim vanished). He told me there are two locked gates between the apartment and the water. A key is required to access those gates. Husband was adamant that both keys to the gates (his and her's) were still in their apartment Saturday night. He insisted Kimberly could not have reached the ocean, and must have left the apartment via the street.

The next morning (Sunday), Husband said her key to those gates was not in the apartment after all. Later Sunday, he reportedly discovered Kimberly's key by the water. Why no one saw the key there the previous two days, or why he insisted both keys were still in the apartment Saturday night, has not been explained to me. Maybe that was an innocent mistake. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe she had an accident while swimming. Maybe she didn't. Her friends and family are left wondering what happened. That no body has been recovered, after six weeks, merely adds to the mystery.

No one believes Kim ran away. Identification is required to board a plane or ferry or register at a hotel. All her I.D. was still in the apartment. Her vehicle was there. She could not walk far, and there is no evidence anyone drove her. Nor would Kimberly disappear and leave her daughter. She's too responsible a mother.

Clearly, something very bad happened to Kimberly in the late afternoon or evening of August 21. The question is what happened and why. We won't find Kimberly (or the answer to this puzzle) by searching shopping malls, despite the PR efforts
a certain person has been conducting to improve his image.

Rather, we need witnesses to tell the police anything heard or observed around the day Kimberly disappeared (or the preceding weeks and months, or even afterwards) that may shed light on this mystery.

In addition, if anyone was near the water at Diamond Head Ambassador (DHA) apartments in the days right after Kimberly vanished (between late afternoon on Thursday, Aug. 21 through Sunday, Aug. 24) tell the police if you saw--or did not see--a key near the water or gate closest to the ocean, when, and where.

Any photographs taken on those days, showing the water side of DHA (and perhaps the presence or absence of a key), are also very helpful.(That includes any pictures taken by visitors).

Let me emphasize: Nothing I have said in this post should be construed as accusing anyone of wrongdoing. At this point, it is a missing persons investigation, nothing more. Still, after six weeks, the family has more questions than answers. The more people can tell us (and the police) about the situation, the better the chances of our eventually getting some satisfactory answers.

Thank you all for your assistance, and your love for Kimberly.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:54 PM

The friend also added the following:

P.S. In fairness to Husband, he has proffered an explanation for why he wasn't too concerned when Kimberly failed to come home that night, and he reportedly has cooperated with the police investigation.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,341,114 times
You need to get a tv reporter to take up the cause and interview the police chief as to why they didn't treat the apartment as a possible crime scene and why they haven't done luminol testing on the apartment and cars.

By the way, does the husband have access to a boat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search