U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 AM

4 posts, read 9,232 times

Advertisements

Hello to everyone !
I'm trying very hard to find my mother's brother.This has proved to be an extremelly difficult task for me.I do know that he changed his name and that he lives somewhere in Alberta.He emmigrated from Romania to Canada in the late 70's ,now he would be in his 50's ,he's never been married,he's never owned a property and he's never had any dealings with the law.I do know that he surrendered his driving license...is there any hope of finding him ?...ohh...and i believe he may not want to be found...do i stand a chance ?

Thank you and please help me !
BTW...I contacted a PD and i can't afford one at $85/hour...

Susca City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 09:38 AM

Default More info on my uncle from Romania

He's name when he came to Canada in 1978~1979 (i'm not sure) was Gheorghe (first name) and Budimir (his last name).Now his first name could have been spelled George...and he was waiting for his arrival to Canada from a camp in Italy (possibly called Latina...i remembered once i saw a post card from him from the italian city or town called Latina).He has changed his name to George Bernard and for a whille he lived in the city of Edmonton (untill at least 1987~1988).He used to rent a basement suite not far from the downtown Edmonton (Alberta,Canada).Then a few years later a heard that he may have moved to Calgary...

That is about most of the information i have on my uncle George...or however calls himself this days...i used to reffer to him as "uica Ghita" which in romanian translates to ...uncle george.

Thank you and if somebody can help find my uncle i would very much appreciate it,again thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to all

Old 10-15-2008, 07:09 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,786,505 times
Is it possible that he's using the name Budimir again?

Found a listing for:

George Budimir
19 Old Orchard Ave.
Grimsby ON L3M 3H9
905-945-5200

Here's a link to Canada411 - there are a few George Bernards (6 in Alberta).

http://www.canada411.ca/

Last edited by ElizNJ; 10-15-2008 at 07:21 AM..

Old 10-18-2008, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Gheorghe Budimir,my uncle

Hi to all and thank you ElizNJ,i tried his old name ...but i haven't looked outside Alberta,i will phone the number provided by you for sure ,i'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thank you very much.

Susca City (back in the days when Romania was under Ceausescu's dictatorship a lot of young people defected to the free-west that this why i decided to use the name of the village where my uncle was born,it's nick name was Susca City...in fact somebody graffitied on the official sign...this name,the commies were going crazy...you see everything connected with the west was banned ...but we all were listening to the western radio broadcasts from the US and the UK ...The Voice of America,the BBC and Radio Free Europe)...i myself i'm a defectee...that's a wholle another story...maybe some other time.

Thanks again.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM

Default I'm still waiting to hear from you,please !

Uncle !, i'm still waiting to hear from you !, please contact me now !, i'm in the Edmonton White Pages.I just want to re-remind you that some 22 years have past since i live in the same city and country that you came and i grew to love and hate at the same time.I would also like to remind you that soon in another week or so will be 23 years since i too defected from Romania.What has happend in the last 20 years +..........many things.My grandmother Dada (you'r mother) past away .........,my mother Elena (you'r sister) also past away .......i don't know why i'm even writing all this....you may never read it or care but i hope every single day that a day will come when i will hear from you.
I (Dan C......u) in romanian : Eu nu ti-am facut nimic ca sa ma urasti asa de mult,ca si tine am trcut prin multe,mi-a fost greu dar ma descurc si eu *** pot.Sa sti ca ami doresc enorm de mult sa aud de le tine draga unchi,nu te urasc ca mai abandonat,s-au ca mai evitat...intre timp eu am crescut si ma-m maturizat si *** vine vorba aia nostra: ce-a fost a fost !Acum doi ani in urma am avut si eu curajul sa ma duc in Romania sa vad unde Dada a fost ingropata...e acolo pe deal mai in spate cam pe unde deda a fost ingropat...mai pe stanga....Am fost suparat foc cand am vazut ca locul ei a fost plin de buruieni...o padure a crescut pe saraca de Dada.Tu poate ca sti;dar mama a fost cu un ardelean de prin Bihor si a avut inca un copil (Florin Popa...asa la chemat pe nenorocitul lui de tata...Vasile Popa)...sa sti ca amarat am fost in casa cu Vasile....ma mir ca nu ma omorat.....cu bataile,dar nu doar pe mine,orisi *** anapoi la Dada.Ma-m suparat foarte mult pe Florin ca nu a avut grija de locul de inmormantare a lui Dada...
Cand am fost la Susca si eu eram plecat de aproape 21 de ani !....multe sau schimbat dar mult a ramas la fel.Am avut o ultima ocazie sa o vad pe mama mea (sora ta,Elena) caci si ea a murit de cancer....sa dus la tata (sper,Mitica...sau Dumitru *** poate tu mai sti....poate).
Sorry but i got carried away in romanian...
Please,get in touch with me,please....
Your nephew Danut (or Dan)
Love you and i don't hate you,i mean it i don't hate you !........i have so much to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search