Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 AM

34 posts, read 104,796 times

Advertisements

Hi Connie ! Thank's for responding to my post. My name is Sherry and Billy, ( William James Powers ) is my Ex-Son-In-Law . As you seen from a response to my post someone found that Kim Berneir suppose to be kin to him somehow. The thing is I am looking for him so he has to help take of his 2 Children here in Texas by paying his Child Support that has been ordered. It's my understanding from his own mouth that he gave up his right's to a Son somewhere in Michigan year's ago. So I think he's gotten away long enough without taking care of his responsabilities. He has not done anything for these kid's in about 7 yrs. Men and Women get away without paying for their part in their Childrens raising. They lay and they need to pay! So if you can help in any way , and your neighbors are kin to him and if they will help then it would be most appreciated. The last we heard he was in Florida but who know's where he is at now.Like I said in my post,he's a mover.But surely he has contacted a Family member who know's something.I've been helping take care of them and it's not my responsability ,it's his. Thank's again and may God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 12:01 PM

652 posts, read 1,785,172 times
I hope you get what you need for those children. I wish you the best in raising them and thank you for keeping them with you.
From experience of having a lowlife non paying father, it isn't a good idea to run him down in front of the children. They will agree with you and not show any objection, but no matter what, it hurts them.
I don't mean to be nosy but I have to speak up for those kids as I was one in their place and this sort of angry speach about my father and his shortcomings, did affect me negatively.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcferrin View Post
His name is William J. Powers. He has Sandy Blonde hair and it is thined on top. He speak's w/a soft voice and he is a white male. Oh ! and he has long eyelashes too and blue eye's.
He is about 44 yr's. old. And he never stay's in one place. X-Wife is looking for him cause he abandon his two Children. Not a nice thing to do. Leaving the Wife is one thing but walking out on your Kid's is another.
Anyway his last known location was in Pensacola Fl. that we know of. I heard that he might have been in Dallas Tx. several month's back but who know's, he's a mover. He's from Michagan and I believe he left a Child behind there too !
He also has lived in Homeless Shelter's too . So please, if u have any info please contact me. He need's to take some responsability and help take care of his Children and be in their life's.
They did'nt do anything wrong. They want to know the man that suppose to be their Dad. Hope somone can HELP !
Still looking for X-Son-N-Law.Surely someone out there can help find him.Most likely working for cash so he don't have to pay his child support.Wish I could post a pic of him on here somehow.I'm tired of being the other parent.I should be able to be just the Grandma.William James Powers ( Billy ). "1964" Blue eye's,sandy blonde hair,receiding hairline and long eyelashes.When he laugh's his shoulder's bounce around. PLZ HELP !

Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,282,232 times
This post caught my eye because my maiden name is involved. That being said, I am not in any of the areas discussed.

I am here to say good luck.

I would like to point out, be careful what you wish for. He could show back up, move in down the street, negotiate the arears and be awarded unsupervised visitation so that he can "get to know" his children. Then you'd have to share them with him.... and support the kids' relationship with the father who has been AWOL.

Yes, I know it is hard for one parent to financially support a family. And he SHOULD contribute. But if he is all that you say, I'd cut my losses, let arears add up and if your daughter ever sees anything it is a bonus, but it would be the price I'd pay to keep this man away from my children.

JMHO

Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcferrin View Post
Still looking for X-Son-N-Law.Surely someone out there can help find him.Most likely working for cash so he don't have to pay his child support.Wish I could post a pic of him on here somehow.I'm tired of being the other parent.I should be able to be just the Grandma.William James Powers ( Billy ). "1964" Blue eye's,sandy blonde hair,receiding hairline and long eyelashes.When he laugh's his shoulder's bounce around. PLZ HELP !
Does your daughter have his social?
Next, you said he was ordered to pay support; is it supposed to go directly to your daughter or through a state agency?

If it goes directly to your daughter, have her apply to the state agency; they should be able to catch up on him.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
A loser, drifter like this more than likely works under the table for cash so agencies with his social will not be able to track him.

File a complaint with the agency in Texas and hopefully they issue a warrant out for his arrest.

Good luck to you, your daughter & grand children. have to agree with another poster except for the financial support kids may be better off with out this loser in their lives.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Texas State child support division - the link in case you need it. Also, if he isn't putting health insurance on them, ask for that too.

Kate, I agree but if he pays the ex directly, his paycheck may not get flagged for support like it does when the state gets involved. They will also hold any tax returns he or his wife file. It's worth a shot IMO.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:14 AM

188 posts, read 938,482 times
Wow, how many ex's does this guy have? Sounds like he's a real ladies man, a real loser and his family is probably protecting him.
Have all of you ex's ever thought about getting together, having a ex's family reunion, pooling all of your resources and going after him together?
Just a thought, best of luck to all of you.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Does your daughter have his social?
Next, you said he was ordered to pay support; is it supposed to go directly to your daughter or through a state agency?

If it goes directly to your daughter, have her apply to the state agency; they should be able to catch up on him.
It goes through the State.Last time they caught up with him was a few year's ago and they got $14.00. So I'm sure he work's for CASH.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peperosso View Post
Wow, how many ex's does this guy have? Sounds like he's a real ladies man, a real loser and his family is probably protecting him.
Have all of you ex's ever thought about getting together, having a ex's family reunion, pooling all of your resources and going after him together?
Just a thought, best of luck to all of you.
I only know of one ex.But he had a child with her and he let another man take over his right's.And he abandoned the two he has here a long with their Mother in a Motel in Ok.City several year's ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search