Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 8,046 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in Watonga, OK and have a sister from Edmond OK that I really feel I have to meet and love. All I know is she was adopted to a priest and his wife in Edmond. Her name is Kelly...sorry I don't know her last name which makes this very difficult. My name is Christina Castonguay and our mothers name is Catherine Maxine Corrigan. She should be around 36 to 38 years old. She was born in Okeene OK hospital. Please if anyone can help she has two sisters and 2 nieces and 3 nephews that want to know her so badly. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 AM

779 posts, read 2,240,069 times
Hi Crissy,
I truly do hope you find your sister here in Oklahoma and that you will be able to reunite with in such a way that you will remember forever. I can only imagine what it would be like meeting with a family member for the first time. Best of luck and I do send my regards.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:37 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,813,888 times
Crissy, I am moving your post to our "People Search" section. There are some VERY good people in there who might be able to help you...

Best of luck on your search.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:40 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,419,396 times
Do you have an exact date of birth?

Old 10-19-2008, 07:59 PM

41 posts, read 143,054 times
Default I found my daughter after not seeing her since she was born 1981

For and doe most this is a excellent site to post people searches. I posted that i was searching for my daughter on her back in february 2008. To god be the glory she was ble to find me. Based on the information that i left on this site. I encourage you to not give up hope. Keep on searching and praying. Put out as much information about her as u possible can remember. I am praying for u. Go to zaba search. Free site with accurate info. My daughter found my last address.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,338,009 times
Quote:
All I know is she was adopted to a priest and his wife in Edmond
Was the word "priest" used? If so, that narrows it down. Since Catholic priests are celibate, that leaves Orthodox and Anglican/Episcopalian (I think. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't know if Orthodox priests can marry.

So, looking up Episcopal churches in Edmond, Ok, I got St. Mary's Episcopal Church Welcomes You . According to the biographies of the current clergy, the timelines of the pastor and rectors don't meet yours. But maybe, you could email and ask for the name of the previous pastor, and we can search that name for a daughter born in 1970-72.

Oh wait, here's the diocese The Episcopal Church in Oklahoma | The Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma
that would be a good source to check, too. They would have names of retired/rprevious pastors.

If you meant "minister" then that opens it up to quite a few more churches, but at least it narrows down the search. Here's a place to start: Churches in Edmond, Oklahoma (http://www.homesinedmond.com/edmondchurches.html - broken link) You will need to copy/paste the names into your search browser to find websites, and then look for names that were there in the 70's.

- Just a thought, outside the box.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:16 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,209,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Was the word "priest" used? If so, that narrows it down. Since Catholic priests are celibate, that leaves Orthodox and Anglican/Episcopalian (I think. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't know if Orthodox priests can marry.

So, looking up Episcopal churches in Edmond, Ok, I got St. Mary's Episcopal Church Welcomes You . According to the biographies of the current clergy, the timelines of the pastor and rectors don't meet yours. But maybe, you could email and ask for the name of the previous pastor, and we can search that name for a daughter born in 1970-72.

Oh wait, here's the diocese The Episcopal Church in Oklahoma | The Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma
that would be a good source to check, too. They would have names of retired/rprevious pastors.

If you meant "minister" then that opens it up to quite a few more churches, but at least it narrows down the search. Here's a place to start: Churches in Edmond, Oklahoma (http://www.homesinedmond.com/edmondchurches.html - broken link) You will need to copy/paste the names into your search browser to find websites, and then look for names that were there in the 70's.

- Just a thought, outside the box.
You are correct about Anglican/Episcopal priests being able to marry.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,338,009 times
Thanks, Mrstewart! I didn't know if any other denominations used the term "priest." I couldn't think of any.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,709 times
Default Please Help

I am also looking for my half-sister and I need help. Her last known residence may be Virginia but I'm not sure where. Her name was Jennifer Remels and she may be married so no longer has her name. I know she has at least 5 children and would be in her mid to late 30's. She may also have had one previous marriage with the last name of West. Her mothers name is Gina and father was Jack Remels. Please help..........

Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,419,396 times
Default Please start a new thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbridget View Post
I am also looking for my half-sister and I need help. Her last known residence may be Virginia but I'm not sure where. Her name was Jennifer Remels and she may be married so no longer has her name. I know she has at least 5 children and would be in her mid to late 30's. She may also have had one previous marriage with the last name of West. Her mothers name is Gina and father was Jack Remels. Please help..........
Please start a new thread. Include her name in the title, then put what you know about her; who you are & why you are looking for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search